Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

98 Mirage to Evo 6.5 TME

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:00 AM
vik
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BCspeed34
I would love to convert to a Tommi steering rack, but it'll be near impossible finding a LHD one. I have a RHD GSR rack coming next week (along with the lower arms) so I'm going to see if I can swap some parts to make it LHD.
As far as steering rack I thing the RHD will not fit to LHD firewall. As friends who converted cars from Japan to be road legal here have to buy them from Mitsubishi (not cheap)
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I know I won't be able to swap it over directly, but there might be a chance I can swap the rack shaft itself and the pinion, into my LHD housing.

@rawandbruteEVO, yeah that's been posted 3 times now. It's almost perfect, the real TME has a black dash.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:39 AM

wow me and my dad were talking about that the other day, using lhd parts for a rhd steering rack, if you find out please let me know, though im prolly just gonna be using a gsr rhd rack since im going rhd anyways... can't wait to see what more your have to come, its almost time for me to start ordering parts and get my build underway, good luck
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:35 AM

just went through all 24 pages... SiCK *** build!!!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
need some moar pics!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Don't worry, I have a rather big shipment on the way. It says it's due the 23rd but I'm expecting it for next week.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
party time.. ill bring the b33r
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:00 AM

ok today's the 22nd any word on the big shipment??
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

It says my shipment is leaving Salt Lake, arriving today my ***!

While I'm waiting, I did manage to get one thing done. Oh and excuse the bird crap.

Old Apr 23, 2010, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

great build insane dedication!
i was doing the same thing. on the back burner for now.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:03 AM

dude it looks amazing bro, freaking awesome, i love it, its really coming together now!!

Last edited by s.gaspar; Apr 24, 2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:12 AM

nice build
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
We did the exact same project 2 years ago, it took us 2 month to complete it. We imported a JDM Evo VI GSR (whole car with extremely good condition & low miles) & purchased a brand new-out of the dealership Mitsubishi Lioncell which is the chinese version of the 98 Mirage (still in productions until this date). We put the two together & vo-la, we've got an LHD JDM Evo!

The Lioncell has a better chaise than the Mirage since it has the extra welding points on top of the front clip (found on the Evo5/6) you need to add those to the Mirage's or your fenders will bend after a while due to the extra torque & suspension toughness.
The RHD steering rack will not work, you'd need to import an LHD rack from Europe or the middle east. (it costs around 1k).
The project cost me more than a brand new EvoX, but I ended up having a very unique ride :]

Last edited by foxbat; Apr 5, 2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by foxbat
We did the exact same project 2 years ago, it took us 2 month to complete it. We imported a JDM Evo VI GSR (whole car with extremely good condition & low miles) & purchased a brand new-out of the dealership Mitsubishi Lioncell which is the chinese version of the 98 Mirage (still in productions until this date). We put the two together & vo-la, we've got an LHD JDM Evo! http://www.streetfire.net/photo/lanc...-6_1587699.htm

The Lioncell has a better chaise than the Mirage since it has the extra welding points on top of the front clip (found on the Evo5/6) you need to add those to the Mirage's or your fenders will bend after a while due to the extra torque & suspension toughness.
The RHD steering rack will not work, you'd need to import an LHD rack from Europe or the middle east. (it costs around 1k).
The project cost me more than a brand new EvoX, but I ended up having a very unique ride :]
Is Lioncell has already been installed LHD electronically climate and air con display or invented it himself ?? I have never seen before LHD evo with electronically climate control.Actually, I've seen but not in the factory setting.Which assembly you're using??
Maybe Mitsubishi Carisma Exe or Galant lhd heater assembly suitable??Like this

Evo lhd convert

Last edited by raidokoiv; Apr 27, 2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by foxbat
We did the exact same project 2 years ago, it took us 2 month to complete it. We imported a JDM Evo VI GSR (whole car with extremely good condition & low miles) & purchased a brand new-out of the dealership Mitsubishi Lioncell which is the chinese version of the 98 Mirage (still in productions until this date). We put the two together & vo-la, we've got an LHD JDM Evo! http://www.streetfire.net/photo/lanc...-6_1587699.htm

Very nice work. I just wish I had the funds to take on such a project. Thanks for the info about the welds. I have never heard of that happening, but it is good precautionary info.

Now I also noticed the LHD climate control. If possible, do you think you could give me the part number for the plastic surround/cover?

Quick Reply: 98 Mirage to Evo 6.5 TME