Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

98 Mirage to Evo 6.5 TME

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both trim panel , auto and manu give same part number.Very strange.The only way to find out correct part number ,if someone would review its on the back panel

Last edited by raidokoiv; Apr 27, 2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

you can use your LHD subframe, cut the brackets for the rack and have a shop reweld the LHD brackets on to yours.
if your making this thing AWD then you will need to notch the center where the drive shaft goes through.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
No, the Lioncell came with analog climate control (similar to the evo 8) the digital climate control (screen & buttons) came from the JDM Evo, we had to custom cut the plastic cover (surrounding) so it could fit the JDM digital panel. I used the windshield wiper and rear window wiper control arm from a Carisma which is identical to that of the Evo except it's for an LHD, since the JDM Evo has a rear window-wiper, plus, I wanted an LHD layout with wiper control to the right side & headlights/signal to the left side.

Originally Posted by raidokoiv
Is Lioncell has already been installed LHD electronically climate and air con display or invented it himself ?? I have never seen before LHD evo with electronically climate control.Actually, I've seen but not in the factory setting.Which assembly you're using??
Maybe Mitsubishi Carisma Exe or Galant lhd heater assembly suitable??Like this

Evo lhd convert
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BCspeed34
Very nice work. I just wish I had the funds to take on such a project. Thanks for the info about the welds. I have never heard of that happening, but it is good precautionary info.

Now I also noticed the LHD climate control. If possible, do you think you could give me the part number for the plastic surround/cover?
As I mentioned in the previous post, we had to custom cut the plastic cover so it could properly fit the jdm climate panel. Let me know in case you need any information regarding this project since I have good experience with such JDM conversions, we also did an 02 Lancer to Evo 7 conversion.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

engine engine engine!!!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the info, I looked up the Lioncel and some did come with auto climate. I'm going to send you a PM with some more questions.

@teudmunki9mr, don't worry, it will come. Right now I'm just considering my options.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

I mean, is rhd auto climate blower motor(under the dash) fit to lhd car?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by foxbat
We did the exact same project 2 years ago, it took us 2 month to complete it. We imported a JDM Evo VI GSR (whole car with extremely good condition & low miles) & purchased a brand new-out of the dealership Mitsubishi Lioncell which is the chinese version of the 98 Mirage (still in productions until this date). We put the two together & vo-la, we've got an LHD JDM Evo! http://www.streetfire.net/photo/lanc...-6_1587699.htm

The Lioncell has a better chaise than the Mirage since it has the extra welding points on top of the front clip (found on the Evo5/6) you need to add those to the Mirage's or your fenders will bend after a while due to the extra torque & suspension toughness.
The RHD steering rack will not work, you'd need to import an LHD rack from Europe or the middle east. (it costs around 1k).
The project cost me more than a brand new EvoX, but I ended up having a very unique ride :]
ok just wondering why, if you were able to import the evo 6, why would you convet the lioncell?? see in the states we can't import them thats why we have to go about it like this, but if we could import them i think there would be a lot less mirage conversions
Old Apr 28, 2010, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BCspeed34
Thanks for the info, I looked up the Lioncel and some did come with auto climate. I'm going to send you a PM with some more questions.

@teudmunki9mr, don't worry, it will come. Right now I'm just considering my options.
Well, I purchased the basic model (for obvious reasons ) which came with an analog control, & as I told you before we custom carved the center plastic section so it could fit the auto climate controls. The cutting/carving was done by a professional so the end result had a perfect finishing & was a perfect match to the original panel.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raidokoiv
I mean, is rhd auto climate blower motor(under the dash) fit to lhd car?
Every thing in the climate control system would perfectly fit in the LHD (blower, ducts & electric gates).
The only think you can't use from the RHD car is the evaporator & you have keep the one on the lancer/mirage.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by s.gaspar
ok just wondering why, if you were able to import the evo 6, why would you convet the lioncell?? see in the states we can't import them thats why we have to go about it like this, but if we could import them i think there would be a lot less mirage conversions
Two reasons: 1. those cars are RHD! 2. we can import them but we can't drive them, so converting Mirages & Lancers is the way to beat the system & it has been done here for quite some time now.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Took me an hour to unpack everything, then another hour separating parts. JHot has AMAZING packing skills. Check out the goods:

Rear window w/hole for wiper

Crossmember with steering rack, sway bar, and control arms. The crossmember and steering rack will be for sale soon.

Wiper motor, arm, and a wiper/indicator stalk as an added bonus!

Man this is going to be a busy weekend. PLUS I just got a job today, doing pizza delivery. I might as well get some use out of my 1.8 as I save up for the Evo motor!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:11 PM

Nothing beats Pizza from a Tommi Evo! LOL Great stuff man keep it up!
Old May 1, 2010, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Evo VI TME Rear Fog

Originally Posted by Aza
u are sadly mistaken. JDM TME's came with Clear indicators. I should know I have one. also the TME's did not have rear fog lights. in fact i dont know any evo that does have them.... where did u get them off?
A bit off by a couple of days but I have an 01 VI TME and they do have rear fog lights. My vehicle came with the fog lights in the trunk lid. I have posted some pics somewhere in here, I'll have to dig them up.
Old May 2, 2010, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by mymigi
A bit off by a couple of days but I have an 01 VI TME and they do have rear fog lights. My vehicle came with the fog lights in the trunk lid. I have posted some pics somewhere in here, I'll have to dig them up.
yep mine has them in trunk too, from what i can gather all the red maks have them in the trunk, the white, black, blue and silver coloured cars don't just like a normal GSR VI

Quick Reply: 98 Mirage to Evo 6.5 TME