Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

The Official: "What I got in the mail today" Thread - Show 'em off!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by omgvtak
Xmas in April
How much are you paying for it to be sprayed?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kreeker
I just dropped mine off for paint yesterday too. Should be done Thursday but I'll update once I get it back with how much I paid.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$300 out the door by a friend of mine. Bumper was sprayed with paint code A39 - ggp, and diffuser was sprayed with A02 - Eisen Grey. Originally I was quoted 400$ at a local Mitsubishi
Dealer. I will post up some pics this evening.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by omgvtak
$300 out the door by a friend of mine. Bumper was sprayed with paint code A39 - ggp, and diffuser was sprayed with A02 - Eisen Grey. Originally I was quoted 400$ at a local Mitsubishi
Dealer. I will post up some pics this evening.
I'm assuming that was not installed?

I recently backed up into something causing some superficial paint damage to my usdm bumper so I started getting some quotes to fix it.

The lowest quote I got from an autobody shop was $450 to repspray & re-install my current bumper or $500 to spray a jdm rear and install.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

just got an ACT HDSS Clutch Kit!!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 05:20 AM

I'm assuming that was not installed?

I recently backed up into something causing some superficial paint damage to my usdm bumper so I started getting some quotes to fix it.

The lowest quote I got from an autobody shop was $450 to repspray & re-install my current bumper or $500 to spray a jdm rear and install.
For 50$ extra over the usdm installed, it might be worth it. Especially if you don't have the tools to do it.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Just got my JDM rear back from paint today as well. Paid $300 to have it done graphite gray and he color matched the tow hook cover to come up with a paint to paint the diffuser. He's done all my paint work in the past so he gave me a bit of a deal. I would say anywhere from $3-400 should be the cost to paint the JDM rear 2 tone. Mine was not installed either. I dropped my bumper off on Monday and picked it up today.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got this JM Fab exhaust manifold today.

Old Apr 13, 2014, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 19DB794
Just got my JDM rear back from paint today as well. Paid $300 to have it done graphite gray and he color matched the tow hook cover to come up with a paint to paint the diffuser. He's done all my paint work in the past so he gave me a bit of a deal. I would say anywhere from $3-400 should be the cost to paint the JDM rear 2 tone. Mine was not installed either. I dropped my bumper off on Monday and picked it up today.
How hard is it to remove/install the bumper? I don't have a rivet gun and have never used one.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

I've removed and installed my front bumper numerous times, its super easy and goes fast. I removed the rear one last month to track down a wire short and then reinstated it as well. Both are straight forward. Who said you need a rivet gun? You don't. Just a 10mm socket and rachet and some tiny needle nose pliers to get the dumb plastic tabs out.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How hard is it to remove/install the bumper? I don't have a rivet gun and have never used one.
Super easy! Taking the bumper off is self explanatory. Use a drill with a drill bit to take out old rivets on the bumper retainer. Put bumper retainer on new bumper with new rivets and re install. Make sure you have demon werks crash bar or a modified one for the jdm bumper.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jrainwater
I've removed and installed my front bumper numerous times, its super easy and goes fast. I removed the rear one last month to track down a wire short and then reinstated it as well. Both are straight forward. Who said you need a rivet gun? You don't. Just a 10mm socket and rachet and some tiny needle nose pliers to get the dumb plastic tabs out.
Talking about the rear bumper.

Originally Posted by lostsoulsevo
Super easy! Taking the bumper off is self explanatory. Use a drill with a drill bit to take out old rivets on the bumper retainer. Put bumper retainer on new bumper with new rivets and re install. Make sure you have demon werks crash bar or a modified one for the jdm bumper.
Ok cool I guess I should get a quote for them just spraying the bumper.

Last edited by Kreeker; Apr 13, 2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Just as posted above, it's very easy. Remove your trunk liners and taillights. There's 4 10mm nuts where the plastic trim was that you need to remove. You'll also see 4 bolts in total and 2 clips. Remove those, then you should have 2 screws and 4 clips in total to remove from the rear wheel wells. Then look under the car and you'll see 3 clips holding the bumper. Remove those and you should be able to pop the bumper right off. Get a drill bit a little bigger than the size of the head on the rivets that hold the bumper retainer on and drill them all out. The JDM bumper comes with rivets so once you have the retainer removed, grab your rivet gun and rivets and begin riveting the left and right side retainers to the JDM rear. I definitely recommend a new crash bar made for the JDM rear. I have the demonwerkz crash bar and I am not happy with it what so ever. I had to shorten and modify the bar to make it work. Once you replace the crash bar or modify your stock one, it's as easy as it was to remove the bumper to put it back on.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 19DB794
Just as posted above, it's very easy. Remove your trunk liners and taillights. There's 4 10mm nuts where the plastic trim was that you need to remove. You'll also see 4 bolts in total and 2 clips. Remove those, then you should have 2 screws and 4 clips in total to remove from the rear wheel wells. Then look under the car and you'll see 3 clips holding the bumper. Remove those and you should be able to pop the bumper right off. Get a drill bit a little bigger than the size of the head on the rivets that hold the bumper retainer on and drill them all out. The JDM bumper comes with rivets so once you have the retainer removed, grab your rivet gun and rivets and begin riveting the left and right side retainers to the JDM rear. I definitely recommend a new crash bar made for the JDM rear. I have the demonwerkz crash bar and I am not happy with it what so ever. I had to shorten and modify the bar to make it work. Once you replace the crash bar or modify your stock one, it's as easy as it was to remove the bumper to put it back on.
So all hardware that is not re-usable is included with JDM bumper?

I was going to go with the STM crash bar. I've heard many complaints about the demonwerkz crash bar and STM seems more reputable here.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

So all hardware that is not re-usable is included with JDM bumper? I was going to go with the STM crash bar. I've heard many complaints about the demonwerkz crash bar and STM seems more reputable here.
Yea, there's a small bag taped to the JDM rear and all the hardware is in there. Just make sure you order the tow hook cover as well if you get the bumper from STM.

Quick Reply: The Official: "What I got in the mail today" Thread - Show 'em off!