Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

What car cover do you use?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2003, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What car cover do you use?

I am looking for a good car cover and dont know about the stock one. Does anybody use anything else??
Old Sep 2, 2003, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you leave the car inside or outside? If you leave it outside, you are crazy to put a cover on your car--it will do nothing but scratch your car. If you leave it inside, Noah covers are really good and moderately priced. But you shouldn't even use one of those except on a clean car.
Old Sep 2, 2003, 02:30 PM

I put the K40 front and rear with laser diffuser on mine. The LED's are mounted in the cluster bezel. Looks and works great.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thought there were some with a soft cloth inside that doesnt scratch the car. That is why i was skeptical with using the factory one.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 07:02 AM

If your car is dirty and you put the car cover on no matter how soft it is, it may scratch your paint. On a very windy day if sand or dirt get under the car cover it may damage your paint.
I have the Mitsu car cover and also park out side; I have had no problems yet. I just make sure the car is cleaned before the car cover goes on. My car is near some trees and my old car got killed with tree sap. I also didn’t want the sun beating on my car all the time when it wasn’t in use.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Re: What car cover do you use?

Originally posted by gldenchld
I am looking for a good car cover and dont know about the stock one. Does anybody use anything else??
I have a 100% cotton cover (felt lined) from California Car Cover,

http://www.calcarcover.com

In fact the cover is made to spec by Cover Craft using a material which Cover Craft does not list on their own web site. I subsequently found that Cover Craft makes covers for a number of other companies using various materials specified by the firm in question.

Oh I also agree with many of the comments posted above.

Never cover a dirty car.

If it is windy and the cover is anything but very snug around the car don't use the cover.

If the paint is still soft on the car don't use a cover of any kind.

Some car cover materials can scratch the paint. Cotton doesn't. I can't comment on others.

In general I have used 100% cotton covers for many users with no damage following the rules cited above. The covers have faded with sun but the cars' paint looked great. Better the cover than the paint....
Old Sep 4, 2003, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Garage is the best one you can get its heated too for the most part