Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

221.4mph Standing Mile Pass Evo 2

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2008, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy **** thats fast
Old Nov 17, 2008, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dennis F
And you must be fresh off the boat.

This car has been around for awhile. Hell, the Veyron does 250+ and that has no space ship looking parts on it.

the Veyron is more 'spaceship' than u can imagine... it took 20 years to design and perfect, with only one goal in mind - top speed, so I wouldnt worry about the Veyron.... but an Evo, any Evo, in comparison, looks like a square box. boxes dont do well in 'top speed'...

dont confuse acceleration with top speed. the EvoII can be the best car in the world around the track, or win every award for skidpad & slalom, but in terms of top speed, its a whole diff ball game. in addition to raw power, you need something totally different.

So if this car did 221mph, im very curious to see what it actually looks like... how much of its body and underbody was changed, and in what way - cause there is no way you will take a stock EvoII, or any other sedan for that matter, shove a 1000hp engine in it, put a large wing on the trunk, and it will just magically go to 221mph without any other structural improvements
Old Nov 17, 2008, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fugiwara
thanks for this post, I've never seen it.

I just timed the car from 0-220, it takes about 26 seconds, what is the 1/4 mile on this? 10 second?
remember the driver didn't launch the car
Originally Posted by URBANRCR
Yes,hes in the low 10's.
I believe that car has gone high 8's

Originally Posted by S6devil
I dont doubt that the engine and drivetrain make enough power to take this Evo to 221... but the bigger Q is the aerodynamics... I thought a car has to look like a spaceship otherwise it just flips over at such speeds?
Even most Exotics cant do 200mph, let alone 221...

so unless this Evo had substantial body work, including underbody panels and whatnot, im questioning this video..
obviously new to the dsm, evo or even standing mile community. Mike has been doing the standing mile competitions for quite some time

And you must be fresh off the boat.

This car has been around for awhile. Hell, the Veyron does 250+ and that has no space ship looking parts on it.
although its funny that this guy s6devil doesnt know about Mikes evo, the Veyron definitely has some high speed aero work done to it. If it didnt that car would be all over the place at high speeds.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
obviously new to the dsm, evo or even standing mile community. Mike has been doing the standing mile competitions for quite some time

although its funny that this guy s6devil doesnt know about Mikes evo....

yes!! i dont know anything about Mike's Evo, thats why Im asking in this thread to begin with.
Eager to find out how one can make a short, tall, narrow box like the EvoII go as fast as cars that look like Koenigsegg, Pagani Zonda, and the Enzo...
Old Nov 17, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

the Veyron is more 'spaceship' than u can imagine... it took 20 years to design and perfect, with only one goal in mind - top speed, so I wouldnt worry about the Veyron.... but an Evo, any Evo, in comparison, looks like a square box. boxes dont do well in 'top speed'...

dont confuse acceleration with top speed. the EvoII can be the best car in the world around the track, or win every award for skidpad & slalom, but in terms of top speed, its a whole diff ball game. in addition to raw power, you need something totally different.

So if this car did 221mph, im very curious to see what it actually looks like... how much of its body and underbody was changed, and in what way - cause there is no way you will take a stock EvoII, or any other sedan for that matter, shove a 1000hp engine in it, put a large wing on the trunk, and it will just magically go to 221mph without any other structural improvements
A decent amount of aerp work has been done to this car in the last year or two . I know there has been a few people involved in that car. I believe it still went 210-215 mph when it was relatively stock appearing exterior. The car makes a ton of power. I think I saw somewhere around 900+awhp on the dyno chart when I visited Devo Tuning last winter.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by andreww238
sickkk!!!!
+1 fo sho!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

If you notice the car seems very unstable at those speeds. Unlike the Veyron or many other exotics which at 200mph are at about the equivalent of an Evo at 100mph
Old Nov 18, 2008, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

Deleted.

Last edited by Dennis F; Feb 18, 2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

I happened to go to the Texas Mile this year and I did see the car run 220+mph. I also saw my dad run 182 in an 06 Dodge Magnum...
Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Mike has been doing this for awhile now and has great success and makes tons of power to do it. You doubted the fact it was even true a few posts back. I think the user name is flyin evo

Woudlnt any reasonable person doubt it at first ?? as i said, to a reasonable person, hearing that someone took a short, tall, narrow box, that doesnt weigh much, packed it with 900Hp, and sent it flyin way past 200mph... common sense tells u that as soon as it reached 190, it took off, or just lost control... or more simply the tires exploded at 185 (forget 221). i mean there is a ton of videos on U-tube of GT1 cars taking off simply cause they caught a gust of wind... and i doubt this EvoII looks anything like a GT1 car.

now u guys tell me he had serious work done to the body, and not just engine/drivetrain, now it makes sense. great job, and i wish him well!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:56 AM

seen this before but still freakn awesome
Old Dec 6, 2008, 05:14 PM

I just got the pm from s6devil about this thread and figured I would stop by and say hi,also try to answer some questions.
My evo 2 is a stock body car with an airdam on the front and some aluminum side skirts both of which are not low enough due to the roughness of the track at Maxton. If I would of had more time I would of lowered both before going to the Texas mile.
The car is setup with the strongest drivetrain parts I could find because it was originally a drag car. Two years ago it was running 8.90"s at 159 mph with about 825 awhp. when I take it back to the drag strip I expect it to go mid 8"s at least. The car is now making between 1000 and 1100 awhp.

One thing I noticed in this thread which happens quite alot is that several of you are trying to compare my car to a supercar which it most deffinatly is not, it's not stylish and it's not so very stable at very high speeds, but most important to me is the fact that there is not a supercar around that would stay at my side for a mile.
Most of the people out there don't realize that I'm doing 223 mph in a standing mile where as a supercar such as the mighty Veryon would probably take between 2 -3 miles to attain that speed.
Anymore questions just ask. I may not get back real fast as it's really busy at work 50 -60 hrs a week.As soon as it slows down I'll be around here more.

Mike Reichen
Old Dec 6, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

^well its hard to believe that a narrow box like our Evo, can get to such a speed, but i guess its a freakin fact!!
BUT yes, what you said above, is what gets me the most, that it happened within a mile. ONE MILE TO REACH 221... WOW!!!! cant think of a factory car that can do that
Old Dec 8, 2008, 06:09 PM

^well its hard to believe that a narrow box like our Evo, can get to such a speed, but i guess its a freakin fact!!
BUT yes, what you said above, is what gets me the most, that it happened within a mile. ONE MILE TO REACH 221... WOW!!!! cant think of a factory car that can do that
Yeah one mile to reach 221 is amazing! Imagine sitting in that car...that would be one crazy ride!
Old Dec 8, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

forget 'crazy', i dont even think most people here realize what thats really like! 221mph within a mile. I DONT!