Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Pics of Evo With Small Spoiler/Wing [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2003, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by neilscully

Regardless of that, I'd get the smaller spoiler out of choice - I don't want a car that sticks out too much. I don't think the Evo should look as aggressive as it does - I like past Evos where it was more of a sedan that no one noticed.

Enjoy...
-N
NEWS FLASH! the past EVOs were way more aggressive then the evo VIII, WAY more. MMMMMmmmm.. EVO V and VI

oh yeah, big wing all the way!!
Old Sep 9, 2003, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Small Wing

Originally posted by 954DRGSR
Sleeper

And to those guys who were disagreeing about him getting a small wing to appease the wife - I doubt too many of you are married....
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather be single than let someone else dictate how I can spend my own money...

Anyway, the larger CF wing looks way better. The small one isn't horrible, but like others have said, it looks inconsistent with the otherwise super aggressive looks of the car.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by maki
i like that wing, where did you get it, how much?
ahhhh its amazing that fellow evo owners have no idea that this tiny wing is standard equipment on the evo. Sad sad day
Old Sep 9, 2003, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Attached Thumbnails Pics of Evo With Small Spoiler/Wing [MERGED]-noo.jpg  
Old Sep 9, 2003, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

I don't know but it make car look "unbalanced"? You have an aggressive front end and smooth middle section; then suddenly BAM normal looking Lancer at the tail. I'm a little older, so I prefer milder looks as well...but it just doesn't flow with rest of car. Maybe, wingless???Just a thought.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

It looks good. Actually that IS the best pic I've seen with the small spoiler. I think you just saved yourself 1 ticket a year while you own that car. Smart move. You might however need to upgrade to the big spoiler if you ever plan on tight manuevering while driving like 120 MPH.

To each his own is all good, but if you guys out there can't see the sensibility in the small spoiler, remove the 6 mph over the limit speading tickets from your *** and think about it. Besides, the only people that will wanna race while you have the big spoiler are people who will probably win.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Boy, people are really split on the big wing/little wing preference! If we had never seen the big wing Evo, we would all be ready to buy the little wing Evo...and it would be the coolest thing!

Just remember though, if your Evo gets a "little wing" complex, take him out and buy him some new go-fast mods to bump-up his self esteem!

Wives have a strange way of making you battle your heart out to get what you want, and then just when you think you have things under control they somehow twist the blade in the end so you don't get exactly what you want anyway.

N10S (married 25 yrs)
Old Sep 9, 2003, 07:21 PM

I think it looks good.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Old Sep 9, 2003, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Small Wing

Originally posted by 954DRGSR
Sleeper

And to those guys who were disagreeing about him getting a small wing to appease the wife - I doubt too many of you are married....
That's not fair... I'm very committed to my fiance. The difference is that we actually communicate. We don't do things to appease each other - we come to an agreement. In this case, if I wanted the big wing, she'd have to convince me to get the lower one or else I would do what I wanted to do. And I'd be more than willing to listen to her side and yada yada yada. Not al lrelationships are dysfunctional like you see on TV.
-N
Old Sep 9, 2003, 09:46 PM
In Timeout

ugly. The Evo belongs with the evo8 wing. Or even the evo7 wing. Never the OZ wing
Old Sep 9, 2003, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

nope nope nope.
Old Sep 11, 2003, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by GranMassaX

ahhhh its amazing that fellow evo owners have no idea that this tiny wing is standard equipment on the evo. Sad sad day
it is?, i had no idea
Old Sep 11, 2003, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by GranMassaX

NEWS FLASH! the past EVOs were way more aggressive then the evo VIII, WAY more. MMMMMmmmm.. EVO V and VI

oh yeah, big wing all the way!!
Maybe the 6 ties the 8 for aggressiveness. But given those two being aggressive, the other 75% of Evos have most definitely been more subdued. The point is that the aggressive look isn't for everyone.
-N
Old Sep 11, 2003, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

sorry, my fiancee is a big factor in my life, but 2 things she has no control over is my football and car addictions...

It looks like the EVO GTA... the automatic 250hp car... personally I dont like it at all... sorry, but diffrent strokes...

-Shhaul

Quick Reply: Pics of Evo With Small Spoiler/Wing [MERGED]