Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Pics of Evo With Small Spoiler/Wing [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2003, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVailable without large rear spoiler??

I've seen all of the work arounds on this topic, but can I get one without the large rear spoiler?
Old Jun 15, 2003, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

What color are you getting?
Old Jun 15, 2003, 11:23 PM

I like silver or blue, but won't consider the car with the large spoiler. No flames please- just my preference.
Old Jun 15, 2003, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

i havent seen a picture of an evo with a small spoiler..do they even offer it?? i THOUGHT they did but ive never seen one anywhere
Old Jun 16, 2003, 01:33 AM

On the website, you can leave it out in the "Build & Price" section.
Old Jun 16, 2003, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

it's the same wing that's on the US lancer....same one mitsu has been using for a while.......it kinda looks funny on an EVO
Old Jun 16, 2003, 01:40 AM
Evolving Member

yes it does the spoiler brings it to life!!1
Old Jun 16, 2003, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, you can get the small spoiler, and I'd say your better off without it. It really is a pretty big spoiler and if you've got reservations about it, then you may not want it. Someone recently did a swap between an OZ and an Evo trunk/spoiler so you can find that thread to see what it looks like, albeit not color matched. Looks pretty good if you ask me.

Just a note though, if you think you might want it, then the trunk and spoiler are swappable with normal Lancers. That means if you have a Tarmac Black Evo 8, you can also buy a trunk/spoiler from a Labrador Black OZ and swap them whenever you'd like... or just swap the spoilers and plug the center hole for the small spoiler.
-N
Old Jun 16, 2003, 06:43 AM

I have seen the fact that you can leave the large spoiler off as you "build your own" from the Mitsu website, but was wondering if the dealers actually had cars with the smaller spoiler. Has anyone seen cars made that way?

Again, I know most people like the larger spoiler. I just would want something smaller. Does anyone have the smaller spoiler from the factory or have you seen it at any dealers? Thanks everyone for the help.
Old Jun 16, 2003, 07:39 AM

I got my EVO a couple of weeks ago and at that time my dealer did a search and said there were none in the US w/ the standard small spoiler, they all came w/ the big spoilers. I believed him b/c no one has really ever seen one w/ the small spoiler before. As I've said before, I think Mitsubishi has a chance to sell many more Evo's if they have some over here w/ the small spoiler to shed some of the racer-boy look. Having said that, I would never let just the spoiler stop me from having this monster machinery !

Also, if one were to put the Lancer spoiler on the EVO what happens re: the brake light on the new spoiler? Is there a wire to hook up to that or would it just be a dead light.

Finally, does anyone know if all the holes for the large spoiler match up w/ those for the small spoiler? You'd have to make one more hole in the center it looks like.
Old Jul 20, 2003, 03:51 PM

My EVO is getting neutered tomorrow

Hello All -

First post on here.. but wanted to let you know I LOVE this car except for the horrible BLING BLING spoiler.

I'm taking my (silver) EVO in tomorrow to a respectable body shop in Northern VA to get it taken off.

I'll post pics once the deed is done.

Kurt
Old Jul 20, 2003, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I used to think the same too, that it looked so ricey, but I finally got to agree that the huge spoiler is what makes the Evo what it is.
Old Jul 20, 2003, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

I definitely agree - I saw pics on here of an EVO without the wing - and it just didn't look right - Keep the wing - it makes the car what it is!
Old Jul 21, 2003, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

EVO Spoiler Question...

I am in the market for a 4-door car to use for business and I have been looking at cars such as the IS300 and the G35. This past weekend a friend suggested to me that I should look at the EVO. My first response was no way because the big wing on the back is too gawdy to get any respect from middle aged business owners.

However, I thought if the wing could me removed fairly easily (and maybe reinstalled when I go to car club meetings) then it might just work. I love the car! I have driven Mustangs for 8 years (currently have a GT and a new Mach 1) but I think they both may take a back seat to the lancer.

My question to you guys is if the big wing could be removed and replaced with the spoiler from a standard lancer? I do not want to get rid of my big wing! I jut want to replace it while I am in business and reinstall it for weekend driving.

Also, I will need to replace the taillights. Can those be replaced with just standard lancer taillights?

Thanks guys!
Old Jul 21, 2003, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Actually yes it can be replaced with the GT wing from the Lancer. It also comes stock on the Evo if you want. Here some pics:

As for the tails, No you cannot exchange them with the Lancer tails, but you can buy the Evo VII tails. Heres some pics:

Quick Reply: Pics of Evo With Small Spoiler/Wing [MERGED]