Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Greddy Evo2 w/ JDM Rear Pic Request

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008 | 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Greddy Evo2 w/ JDM Rear Pic Request

I need a picture from behind the car at eye level from at least a good distance away from the car. As if you were standing looking at the car in person and took a picture. Not up above angles checking out how far the tip sticks out, cause we all know u can just shorten an exhaust....

Would be GREATLY appreciated!
Been a long road on my exhaust hunt.

EDIT
I know there were pics of the Evo2 on a JDM rear, I had seen them. I am not interested in the length of the tip sticking out. What I am personally interested in, is the design of the exhaust itself, I absolutely despise being able to see the muffler on cars, so I am searching for the exhaust that covers the muffler the most. And will be painting the exhaust black to help hide it aswell. the Evo2 seems like a good pick becuase the tip of the exhaust comes out from the bottom of the muffler instead of the top, leaving barley any muffler visible (I would assume) from directly behind of the car. And I know of the Buschur JDM soultion or things similar, but I am in CA so I cannot afford to move the muffler to the cat position.

Last edited by ronitlancer; Dec 1, 2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2008 | 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

I had this question a while back and after I saw the replies of pictures I decided it was way too far out. I would highly suggest either getting a new exhaust or cutting/re-welding the Evo2. I went with the first option because it also made it easier for me to install my Voltex diffuser.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=349355

Originally Posted by fugiwara

Please don't cut the exhaust, if one day you decided to put the stock bumper back
then what you gonna do?
Old Dec 1, 2008 | 06:03 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=327030

half way down

search...it's a sticky
Old Dec 1, 2008 | 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Edited first post. I guess I deleted what I originally wrote.
I know there were pics of the Evo2 on a JDM rear, I had seen them. I am not interested in the length of the tip sticking out. What I am personally interested in, is the design of the exhaust itself, I absolutely despise being able to see the muffler on cars, so I am searching for the exhaust that covers the muffler the most. And will be painting the exhaust black to help hide it aswell. the Evo2 seems like a good pick becuase the tip of the exhaust comes out from the bottom of the muffler instead of the top, leaving barley any muffler visible (I would assume) from directly behind of the car.
I forgot to add, the obvious solution to my problem is going with the muffler in the cat position, however since I am in the one state that I would actually get screwed for doing that (cali), I have to make due with the muffler in the back.
Old Dec 1, 2008 | 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Well, the exhaust will look the same from behind whether it's JDM or not I can tell you that. I love the sound of this exhaust as it's not too noisy and sounds great at WOT but as far as the design goes, it's not the best looking exhaust but it keeps it low key for the sleeper look Here's a really old pic of it on my car

Old Dec 1, 2008 | 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Well to be honest, all I really think should be visible from an exhaust is the tip, you dont see any nice cars with a muffler hanging out.... what people consider "clean" on evo's is basically screaming "RICER" to me.... we have an amazing car, why put ourselves in the category of a 3 thousand dollar civic (look wise)
Old Dec 1, 2008 | 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ronitlancer
Well to be honest, all I really think should be visible from an exhaust is the tip, you dont see any nice cars with a muffler hanging out.... what people consider "clean" on evo's is basically screaming "RICER" to me.... we have an amazing car, why put ourselves in the category of a 3 thousand dollar civic (look wise)
That is all but a personal opinion. Some people might call a stock Evo rice, same with an STi, etc etc etc. So really your opinion against everyone else. I'm not quite sure what your intentions are? Are you here to request pictures because that's what I have been trying to do - is help you get the right picture you need. It sounds more like you're justifying your own opinion on this exhaust by calling other exhausts "ricey" which really is quite pathetic as you're not being specific about anything (maybe another exhaust's design, sounds, etc) you're just flat out calling that what we consider "clean" screams RICER. In which case, you're just making yourself look like an ******* after we try to help you.
Old Dec 1, 2008 | 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

It was just in response to you saying that you didnt think the Evo2 was a nice looking exhaust. I was simply replying (not arguing) that it really shouldnt matter because I think a "clean" exhaust would simply only expose the tip...

Last edited by ronitlancer; Dec 1, 2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2008 | 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

I should add that, I came across the exhaust, and from the muffler design, it seems like it is high enough that the JDM rear which doesnt come down very low, would be able to hide the majority of the muffler. That is the reasoning behind trying to obtain pictures.
Old Dec 1, 2008 | 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ronitlancer
It was just in response to you saying that you didnt think the Evo2 was a nice looking exhaust. I was simply replying (not arguing) that it really shouldnt matter because I think a "clean" exhaust would simply only expose the tip...
Then opinion recognized, I do think that the Evo is a good sounding and performing exhaust (otherwise I wouldn't have had it for a while on my car) I think had the exhaust didn't need to be modified to fit my JDM bumper or the requirement of modding my Voltex diffuser I most likely would have kept it. I can't see anything but the tip of my exhaust anyways because the diffuser hides everything above it.
Old Dec 1, 2008 | 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

One reason I may end up getting the diffuser.... :X