Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Stevo's Custom CT9A Head Lights (Bling Edition)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't wait to see these pics when I get home....work PC has them blocked . I really appreciate these kinds of mods. So extensive and complex .
Old Dec 29, 2008, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't get it. I don't think the lights looked any brighter then the regular one.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

looks good. but i thought the stock evo projectors couldnt be moded? did you use the washer method? lol i know nothing about modding projectors but i have read that people use a washer method to mod the s2000 projectors?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

to much just for headlights
Old Dec 29, 2008, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

thas alot of change to spend on some headlight but i understand about standing doing something original........good luck and post pic as soon as u get those badboys installed
Old Dec 29, 2008, 06:40 PM

wow nice dude
Old Dec 29, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

awesome stuff man.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

I would like to see a picture of before and after both looking at the car and looking at something with the cars lights on with both high and low beam shots.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 08:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
nice mod
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Interesting, keep us informed as it would be interesting to see the final product and the fruit of your labor.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice. Can't wait to see them all finished. You sure do love lights.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

nice, i wanna see those angel eyes in action
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

I would buy a FP red and a magnus cast IM for the price you have spent on those heads
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

The deer will definitely stare at your headlights now It looks great.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Thats awesome work! It would be nice to be able to do it with less $$$ but great non-the-less. If you want to swap a pair of USDM headlights to try let me know, I want a JDM pair (the ones they have everywhere else in the world EXCEPT the US lol)
$2800 AU ($2000US) on head lights is def crazy. Ive heard it all on the EvoOz forum already. Nuthing new to me..
I was indecisive at the time of buying all the parts. I paid through the *** in shipping coz I got most of the parts sent individually from your shores. The only thing a bought locally was the S2K head lights (sourced for the projectors). Not only that but I did buy a new set of JDM VIIIMR heads when I could have bought a 2nd hand set. If I lived in the US and could do the project again I could probably get away with $1000US total for 2nd hand parts.

Originally Posted by Billy
Interesting work!

BTW, from what I understand, the Stanley made OE Lexus LS430's are the width king for single xenon projectors.
Yeah, heard on HID forums that LS430's & S2K were head to head.Most of the comments I read lent more towards S2K. Dunno if we get LS430's in OZ but S2K definately. Easy to access.

Originally Posted by tvbf1
I don't get it. I don't think the lights looked any brighter then the regular one.
I didnt contemplate retrofitting diff projectors for brightness purposes. They all seem to produce roughly the same amount of brightness! I used S2K purely for its super wide beam pattern. Those who have been in a S2K, TSX or LS430 will know what im talking about. JDM CT9A projectors just dont cut it full stop!!

Originally Posted by AznDragonV
looks good. but i thought the stock evo projectors couldnt be moded? did you use the washer method? lol i know nothing about modding projectors but i have read that people use a washer method to mod the s2000 projectors?
I have never had the privilege of modifying USDM CT9A projectors but yes, JDM VIIIMR projectors can be moded using the "washer" method. For those that dont know, this mod actually moves the projector lense away from the internal cutoff shield / bulb. It changes the focal of the light and produces that awsome "blue band" in my beam pattern. In my case it was moved 1.5mm away!!

Originally Posted by ripnbst
I would like to see a picture of before and after both looking at the car and looking at something with the cars lights on with both high and low beam shots.
Im one step ahead of you. I will have a 3 way VIIIMR, S2K & FX35 projector show down on a long stretch of wall. Will compare all 3 at 10ft, 30ft, 50ft, car projecting along side the wall etc

Originally Posted by importjake00
I would buy a FP red and a magnus cast IM for the price you have spent on those heads
One step ahead of you too. already got engine mods sorted. HTA35R kit, custom IM, custom 1000hp flowing built head, custom cams etc
- How bout body work? Already sorted out! mix n match wide body from VARIS, APR, Technical Factory Hirano, Chargespeed
- Interior? already sorted out! Custom "A" Pillar gauge pod, custom BC location (relocate ACD + pwr mirror buttons), retrofit S15 round aircon vents, relocate clock to install 2 gauge pods, custom gauge pod for top of dash, Bride Gias up front, Bride Euro II's in the rear
- Tail lights? Already sorted out! Another custom retrofit. Stay tuned for this thread..
Here's a sneak peak:

Quick Reply: Stevo's Custom CT9A Head Lights (Bling Edition)