Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My engine bay (airbox mod)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My engine bay (airbox mod)

Hi guys, I wanted to show you my recent mod, the airbox lid mod and show you a couple pics of my car. Before someone tells me that doing this mod will hurt this and that, I did some research (lancerregister.com) those guys are doing this mod left and right with no problems, and I have been running like this with no side effects, just a little raise in boost enjoy.

I thought I'll show you my jdm seats
Old Mar 8, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I remember correctly, you lose boost pressure when efficiency increases with inhale mods and gain when you improve exhaling qualities.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluebanana23
If I remember correctly, you lose boost pressure when efficiency increases with inhale mods and gain when you improve exhaling qualities.
Then I might have to thank my 3'' UR turboback exhaust for the gain
Old Mar 8, 2009, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good idea with that air filter, those seats are fricken awesome.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by s4blueciv
good idea with that air filter, those seats are fricken awesome.
o lord please, they are ever so slightly different than the USDM IX seats. lets try not to be such JDM ******
Old Mar 8, 2009, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
o lord please, they are ever so slightly different than the USDM IX seats. lets try not to be such JDM ******
and we have hater number 1....
nice seats... and cool mod... i was thinking about something like this...
Old Mar 8, 2009, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

You know what, you are right, they "almost" look the same, but I asure you the big difference is the fit, I am telling you because I first had a set of USDM recaros, and the JDM ones are so much tighter, not only on the legs (raised side bolsters) but the shoulder and kidney area also. I figured since my RS is a JDM one, why not have JDM seats? and I got them from the US, at a great deal

Last edited by Evoardo IX; Mar 8, 2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by izabran
Thanks bro, you should do the mod, search for "airbox mod" in lancerregister.com you will see why and how almost everybody is doing this over there, and you can get a used lid from someone so you have a spare, in case you want to go back to stock for any reason (that's what I did)
Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:01 PM

Where did you get the JDM seats from?
Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:04 PM

me likey. nice.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JdmEvo's
Where did you get the JDM seats from?
On ebay, some dude had them on a honda nsx or something like that, I don't know where he got them from, but they are in pretty good shape, and I got a good deal on them... never seem another set of those pop up, but there are quite a few on ebay UK, even cooler ones, like the seats that come in the 9 GT...full alcantara and no leather ftw
Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:05 PM

Anti Lag FTW
Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by izabran
not hating on his air box mod, nor his seats. just commenting on the guys post that the seats were freakin awesome. if he would have given reason like the man below then i can understand why he would say they are awesome. without him giving reason i assume, as most prob would, its because they are jdm

Originally Posted by Evoardo IX
You know what, you are right, they "almost" look the same, but I asure the big difference is the fit, I am telling you because I first had a set of USDM recaros, and the JDM ones are so much tighter, not only on the legs (raised side bolsters) but the shoulder and kidney area also. I figured since my RS is a JDM one, why not have JDM seats? and I got them from the US, at a great deal
i do believe this now that you mention it. Look at out society,,, what you are saying that the jdm seats are tighter (say it, smaller) makes perfect sense. (not like the evo is designed for big ppl, its not, but we are bigger than the japs) i myself wouldnt mind having them hold onto me a bit more.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

i do believe this now that you mention it. Look at out society,,, what you are saying that the jdm seats are tighter (say it, smaller) makes perfect sense. (not like the evo is designed for big ppl, its not, but we are bigger than the japs) i myself wouldnt mind having them hold onto me a bit more.
True, I am 6 feet tall, 32' waist, so I can say I fit pefectly on those, the USDM seats give a little more room
Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Evoardo IX
On ebay, some dude had them on a honda nsx or something like that, I don't know where he got them from, but they are in pretty good shape, and I got a good deal on them... never seem another set of those pop up, but there are quite a few on ebay UK, even cooler ones, like the seats that come in the 9 GT...full alcantara and no leather ftw
Thanks for the info. I was hoping you got them from a vendor. Good find tho, I would have never thought anyone would have a set in the states.

I actually got some friend in Japan looking out for a set from the JDM IX MR seat which is the same as yours but with the red stitching.

Again, good find.

Quick Reply: My engine bay (airbox mod)