Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Pictures after WASH...stretch..and hate

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2009, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by essjEVO

those voltex fender flares did its job of tricking your eyes to think rears are wider....

what are you talking about wider wheel in the rear? who does that... its actually running 18x10.5 +10 wheelss ALL AROUND. So now your saying only the SUN evo can rock stretched tire/crazy fitment because they have widebody? i thought stretched tires cant be a track setup? it takes ***** and the right measurements to fit low offset + wide wheels on a non widebody car coz you could be dealing with big brake kits and fender spacing... thanks for trying

i wouldnt be surprised if MODS lock this thread... thanks to the haters always filling up OP's thread with bs remarks

I'm sorry chief,
The wheels ARE in fact 10.5 wide all around...however they run a narrower tire in the rear...to reduce grip and help the car rotate. You don't understand vehicle dynamics therefore you'll never understand this concept, nor that an anti-roll bar decreases grip.

I have built a car from scratch, tuned it, raced it, and then competed against teams from across the world. The car finished 5th out of 80 teams that had more budget and time.

This is how a tire fits on a wheel. Hoosiers baby. Yes that's the one.

Note the car in the lower right hand of the cover page.

Last edited by R/TErnie; Apr 1, 2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive been looking for evos with stretch and camber. everyone on here is all autocross. i wish i had some money to go from stock to some...-4 degree camber. 18x10's all around stretched o 245-255. i cant wait! i love your car bro. make it sound MANLY!
Old Apr 1, 2009, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
I'm sorry chief,
The wheels ARE in fact 10.5 wide all around...however they run a narrower tire in the rear...to reduce grip and help the car rotate. You don't understand vehicle dynamics therefore you'll never understand this concept, nor that an anti-roll bar decreases grip.

I have built a car from scratch, tuned it, raced it, and then competed against teams from across the world. The car finished 5th out of 80 teams that had more budget and time.

This is how a tire fits on a wheel. Hoosiers baby. Yes that's the one.

Note the car in the lower right hand of the cover page.
AGAIN, you totally went out of subject on this one?? filled his thread with bs, and now your filling his thread with a non-evo subject in a Evo show and shine thread???

hmm well good for you sir for building a champ car then racing it... you are definately on another level? thanks for the extra info......vehicle dynamics? dorby's car is a STREET CAR for goodness sake..... its not a competition car?! "alright guys im going to run the fastest lap around my neighborhood!...seeee yaaa" why is this conversation going to a whole new subject? those are definately a different PLATFORM.... this is a evo forum right? were talking about EVO'S in general running stretched tire fitment and how its unsafe to run both on the streets and on the track... i dont know what argument you are trying to prove...but the cyber evo shows a stretch fitment running the fastest lap without no issues. do u have any facts that it does have a narrower tire on the rear? from the looks of it all four tires have the same stretch to it.. check out how much the lip sticks out of the front and back tires looks even to me...

Last edited by essjEVO; Apr 1, 2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no idea what the argument is, but that Cyber Evo is gorgeous!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by essjEVO
AGAIN, you totally went out of subject on this one?? filled his thread with bs, and now your filling his thread with a non-evo subject in a Evo show and shine thread???

hmm well good for you sir for building a champ car then racing it... you are definately on another level? thanks for the extra info......vehicle dynamics? dorby's car is a STREET CAR for goodness sake..... its not a competition car?! "alright guys im going to run the fastest lap around my neighborhood!...seeee yaaa" why is this conversation going to a whole new subject? those are definately a different PLATFORM.... this is a evo forum right? were talking about EVO'S in general running stretched tire fitment and how its unsafe to run both on the streets and on the track... i dont know what argument you are trying to prove...but the cyber evo shows a stretch fitment running the fastest lap without no issues. do u have any facts that it does have a narrower tire on the rear? from the looks of it all four tires have the same stretch to it.. check out how much the lip sticks out of the front and back tires looks even to me...

+1 looks EXACTLY the same to me.

+1 good job on building a champ car. without wheel fenders you would not have any issues with rubbing or fender clearance that is why you can use those size tires with that wheel. ^_^

Just wanted to add that with all the negatives that ppl are saying about stretched tires. I am surprised that the SUN Cyber Evo ran those fast laps with no problems that Psycho and others are stating, i.e. tire coming off the seat/bead, directional stability, etc. Tarzan probably pushed that evo further than any of us would/could ever do to our evos (and lancer for you Psycho) in total hippari stance. I know that the Cyber Evo is tuned and chock full of aftermarket parts, but the fact remains that it is on stretched tires, further more bolt-on wheel spacers, massive camber (in front, only slightly in the rear). So if that doesnt f-up the original ride of the evo i dont know what will. Case in point, the Cyber Evo is a track machine designed to attack TC (Tskuba Circuit) tuned to these specifications, still, STILL run stretched tires without the dangers that you haters say that it will have. According to the negatives, This evo should not even run (because it would have broken if it did). But alas, Cyber Evo, NO PROBLEMS(with the stretched tires), one of the fastest lap times on TC, one of the best looking evos (IMHO) bar none.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

those are some deep dish wheels!!!! i like!!!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

strecht those tires... i like the look...

Old Apr 2, 2009, 01:46 PM

nice dorby ! <--- josh ill show you my evo x soon =P on sweet rims
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

grip wise

but GREAT way to put huge wheels w/o rolling your fenders
Old May 3, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

nice offset