Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Pictures after WASH...stretch..and hate

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2009, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read what you said about the tires but the wrong size tires just kill what would be a stunning look. You say you drive it daily and I am sure you are beyond carefull but having such a nice wheel so vulnerable to any scrapes would worry me.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 08:20 PM

Old Mar 31, 2009, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

i could be saying that about your DUB city CL600... you probably have $$ but its a definate that in some cases $$ cant buy style... cmon seriously are those 25 series tires on your Renntech powered benz???

Last edited by essjEVO; Apr 1, 2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by essjEVO
im seriously tired of reading and coming across a thread that has nothing but haters.. you can hate but there are other ways to put your opinion to use......
what do you expect. You post a picture of your car with tires that dont fit properly. There are gonna be haters. And you should be open to all the comments.

oh..and that looks retarded. Wheels look nice...just not in that size.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

yeah that pretty much sums it up... there is no way to make ppl do what they don't want to do once they set their minds to it. Regardless of what anybody says when somebodies mind is set its set. Now I'm not here to "change" anybody's mind but just to put something out there that is a little different than the norm. Face it, If we all think alike there would be no change.

It takes just one person to do something different to make ppl think otherwise. This is something that is in the very heart of this import industry. Ppl doing things differently made it the way that it is today. I dont know about you but I have been watching/reading Option, HOTversion, BESTmotoring, etc. (I have access to all of them ever since they were in VHS!) In these videos you see so many different ideologies and executions, some of them that you see filtered into mainstream USA and some of them that dont. Bottomline because of these ppl that venture into something different is the reason why you have your evo (in your case PsychoAmbrosia, your Lancer.) and the multitude of options for ride.

Anyway I want to leave you with what PsychoAmbrosia thinks is a prime example of an awesome ride. (they would not do it to their own car unless they think its bad ***, right? ^_^)

hey Psycho, you have a little bit more to go and she will be perfect! Peas (now not to be nit picky but I think OP has got you hands down. I dont know, that is just my opinion, Stretched or not ^_^)

Even though this is OLD as poop, to OP 225 on your wheels is a massive stretch even by my standards but i think rockin a little more camber should complete your look.

Last edited by P3CC054N; Apr 1, 2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
im seriously tired of reading and coming across a thread that has nothing but haters.. you can hate but there are other ways to put your opinion to use...... like i said THATS THEIR bad that the person that mounted their wheels didnt properly mount em, thats why you need to do yourself a favor and look for a better reputable stretch tire mounter. and there are also ways to avoid a car with stretched tires.. MOVE OVER for your own safety if your so concern about that....

and for those that cry about the wheels getting damaged... if you stretch your tires im pretty sure you should already know the consequences with kissing the curbs.......
Ok,
I'll address a real issue here. The reason why SUN's Evo has stretched tires in the rear (same size tire f & r, but wider wheel in the rear) is to reduce rear grip (stretching tires to reduce grip) and promote oversteer to help remedy the unwanted understeer characteristics.

This is the same as putting a HUGE rear anit-roll bar in the rear...to reduce rear grip and help the car rotate.

There you have it.

I like lip and I like low offset wheels... however the Evo just can't pull it off without a widebody... and I have mixed feelings about the look of the widebody.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Ok,
I'll address a real issue here. The reason why SUN's Evo has stretched tires in the rear (same size tire f & r, but wider wheel in the rear) is to reduce rear grip (stretching tires to reduce grip) and promote oversteer to help remedy the unwanted understeer characteristics.

This is the same as putting a HUGE rear anit-roll bar in the rear...to reduce rear grip and help the car rotate.

There you have it.

I like lip and I like low offset wheels... however the Evo just can't pull it off without a widebody... and I have mixed feelings about the look of the widebody.
Exactly, there are different ways to remedy a situation as well as different ways of designing and fixing up a car. So to each his own I guess ^_^. the SUN evo is a prime example of doing what needs to be done to fulfill a purpose. In its case go fast around a track.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ScoobySAM
what do you expect. You post a picture of your car with tires that dont fit properly. There are gonna be haters. And you should be open to all the comments.

oh..and that looks retarded. Wheels look nice...just not in that size.
Definately, but you think that them addressing their bs 2 cents will stop them from modding their cars like that? i dont think so just the same thing as spray canning your evo flat black to get that flat paint feel, you think if i thrash all over his thread with "thats one beater evo or you made your evo look like a piece of junk.." you think he'd re-paint his car? i dont think so... In other words, people making dumb comments will not STOP the OP from switching to your run of the mill 18x9 +29 fitments, so whats the point of hating? are you bored? or jealous? Its amazing that there are actually more haters with the stretched tire issue than an evo spray canned flat black or painted stockies, i think that looks more retarded and congrats to you because you just threw the word quality out the window... honestly that should be more of a hated issue coz if your just going to do that to your poor evo you might as well leave it stock!

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Ok,

There you have it.

those voltex fender flares did its job of tricking your eyes to think rears are wider.... what are you talking about wider wheel in the rear? who does that... its actually running 18x10.5 +10 wheelss ALL AROUND. So now your saying only the SUN evo can rock stretched tire/crazy fitment because they have widebody? i thought stretched tires cant be a track setup? it takes ***** and the right measurements to fit low offset + wide wheels on a non widebody car coz you could be dealing with big brake kits and fender spacing... thanks for trying

i wouldnt be surprised if MODS lock this thread... thanks to the haters always filling up OP's thread with bs remarks

Last edited by essjEVO; Apr 1, 2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 04:47 PM

you would have to pay me to ride in a car with that sticker in the back window.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Definately, but you think that them addressing their bs 2 cents will stop them from modding their cars like that? i dont think so just the same thing as spray canning your evo flat black to get that flat paint feel, you think if i thrash all over his thread with "thats one beater evo or you made your evo look like a piece of junk.." you think he'd re-paint his car? i dont think so... In other words, people making dumb comments will not STOP the OP from switching to your run of the mill 18x9 +29 fitments, so whats the point of hating? are you bored? or jealous? Its amazing that there are actually more haters with the stretched tire issue than an evo spray canned flat black or painted stockies, i think that looks more retarded and congrats to you because you just threw the word quality out the window... honestly that should be more of a hated issue coz if your just going to do that to your poor evo you might as well leave it stock!

those voltex fender flares did its job of tricking your eyes to think rears are wider.... what are you talking about wider wheel in the rear? who does that... its actually running 18x10.5 +10 wheelss ALL AROUND. So now your saying only the SUN evo can rock stretched tire/crazy fitment because they have widebody? i thought stretched tires cant be a track setup? it takes ***** and the right measurements to fit low offset + wide wheels on a non widebody car coz you could be dealing with big brake kits and fender spacing... thanks for trying

i wouldnt be surprised if MODS lock this thread... thanks to the haters always filling up OP's thread with bs remarks
+1!!! WOOHOO!!! I checked and the Cyber evo IS stretched tires ALL AROUND. wow ppl are trying real hard to defend their non-stretched tire theories. I just love when their beliefs are proven wrong by one of the most coveted evos around. Any more "gurus" wanna take a shot at it?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dorby
sloppy nig style?

must be that Florida sun.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 05:18 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where can i get that exhaust anyone pm me thanks
Old Apr 1, 2009, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Personally I think you should have your thread locked for having a picture specifically of your racist sticker. If its in a picture that you are taking of the back of your car thats one thing, but that pic is obviously just of the sticker. So yeah, this thread should be locked. Not because its full of useless **** (your pictures included) and hater comments, but because of your sticker.

You sir, are an a$$hole. And for the record, I like the stretched look, but not on your otherwise stock ride. Stretched tires only look good on aggressive cars, not whatever your car is. If I stretch and slam an Aveo is it gonna look sick? Following your modification philosophy it will.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

^ that i have no say about that decal
Old Apr 1, 2009, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Im feeling the shine. Nice car.

Quick Reply: Pictures after WASH...stretch..and hate