Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Omori gauge din panel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2003, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omori gauge din panel

Has anyone tried these? I tried searching, but couldn't find anything. I just bought a set of 52 mm Omori gauges (boost, egt, oil pressure) with the red needle and adjustable backlight. These are as close to stock look I could find. Got them from J-spec Tuning for $495 shipped. I was wondering if the WRX Omori din panel would fit in our cubby hole or stock stereo location. If nobody has tried, I guess I'll be the first to experiment.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Please don't forget to take pics of your install!!

Wilson
Old Sep 22, 2003, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Omori gauge din panel

Originally posted by HIGH REV
Has anyone tried these? I tried searching, but couldn't find anything. I just bought a set of 52 mm Omori gauges [snip]
These gauges look great and seem like a great solution if you don't like the OEM gauge package. But what about the following....

Attention all current and future customers and distributors:

Please be advised that our manufacturer in Japan has made a decision to no longer supply the North American market with products and additional parts. The manufacturer has informed us "There is no need to worry about customer service, guarantees, dealership, promotion, etc." This is incredibly frustrating for us as we are here to provide products and support for the North American market. Unfortunately, when the manufacturer demonstrates that it has no interest in supporting the North American market any further, we are left with angry customers who are owed products, backorders that cannot be filled, warranty claims that go ignored, and no inventory of products to supply.

At this time it needs to be made clear that Omori Meter North America is in NO WAY responsible for the situation that has transpired. The management of our manufacturer in Japan refuses to respond to our requests and demands for products we are owed. They show no interest in supporting the North American customer base we have developed. We have worked hard to provide all of our customers a tremendous level of service, but without manufacturer support we are left in a hopeless position.

Many of the innovative products we have promised you over the past year were designed and developed under our guidance at our expense. Production of these items was scheduled back as far as July 2002, and the manufacturer still has not produced these items for our customer base as we have promised. What this means is that many of these new products, while they do exist, have not been produced by the manufacturer as we were promised for MONTHS.

All of the above issues have gone unexplained by our manufacturer, Omori Meter Mfg. Co, Ltd. They REFUSE to provide any logical reasoning for their actions, but it has become clear they couln't care less about the North American market. This is unfortunate as all indications were for a bright future here.

To summarize, we want all of you to understand that we are currently taking legal action on behalf of ourselves, our distributors and all of our current and future customers to deliver all products owed and promised and restore proper distribution and support to North America. We regret that it has come to this, but we are still here and committed to helping our customers, even if we cannot do so as quickly as we'd like. We are pursuing this using every possible resource and avenue available to us at this time and we are moving forward as quickly as the law allows. We ask that you bear with us until we can rectify this situation.

Omori North America
Phone (401) 783-9029
Fax. (401) 783-9031
info@omori-na.com
Old Sep 23, 2003, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

I didn't order the gauges through Omori directly, but through J-Spec Tuning which had these gauges in stock. I should be getting them within the week.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:02 AM

Re: Omori gauge din panel

Originally posted by HIGH REV
Has anyone tried these?
When (if?) you try the Omori panel, I'd definitely be interested in how it works. Pictures would be great! I almost went that route but ended up making my own panel as I started with only one gauge (boost) and didn't want the empty holes staring at me.

BTW, I think they make two DIN panels for 53 mm gauges, which one are you trying?

Edit: Um, yeah, make that 52mm gauges...

Last edited by jmore; Sep 23, 2003 at 10:10 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

if you are taking about the three gauge panel that kinda tilts each gauge towards the driver, i had it and it didn't really quite work in my car (ralliart)

the tabs for the mounting is not long enough, so it wasn't "gripping" the opening.. it does fit but has a tendency to fall out

-joe