Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

anyone have JDM rear with Buschr Exhaust???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm running the Buschur JDM fit with a magnaflow in the back and it is loud as hell.

I know the Magnaflow is supposed to be quieter than the sd/bullet, but man this thing drones. Can anyone who has done a second Magnaflow on the Buschur comment on if it helped much?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TK40
I'm running the Buschur JDM fit with a magnaflow in the back and it is loud as hell.

I know the Magnaflow is supposed to be quieter than the sd/bullet, but man this thing drones. Can anyone who has done a second Magnaflow on the Buschur comment on if it helped much?
so u have the magnaflow at the end where the bumper is at ? and u consider it to be a loud exhaust ? the magnaflow is suppose to be the quiet one they offer
Old Nov 19, 2010, 07:30 PM
Account Disabled

Now the bullet is loud..I'm thinking maybe to cut the bullet tip off and put it in place of the cat and put the sd muffler in the back for a clean look with my jdm rear..Or should I just buy a magnaflow with the jdm short tip and put the bullet muffler in the middle .Need suggestions also How would it sound doing either one of these choices??
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:30 PM
Former Sponsor

from what ive researched

Real quite = Magnaflow /Magnaflow

Loud = Bullet muffler

Less loud = Bullet /Magnaflow

Ive been thinking how the( Magnaflow/SD for the jdm rear bumper ) will sound like and if it helps out ..
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gary@MellonTuning
from what ive researched

Real quite = Magnaflow /Magnaflow

Loud = Bullet muffler

Less loud = Bullet /Magnaflow

Ive been thinking how the( Magnaflow/SD for the jdm rear bumper ) will sound like and if it helps out ..
I have the magnaflow inline and the SD in the rear. at first this thing was LOUD. now, it is kind of loud.

at cruise there was a TON of drone upon installing it. now, after 500 miles, there is little drone.

At WOT this SOB is still crazy loud, but is tolerable under partial throttle and cruising, but I would not call it quiet at cruise. I do not care for drone and at first I was kicking myself for buying this exhaust. After a few miles I find it tolerable... that said, I am still considering getting a second magnaflow section.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 07:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Zivman
I have the magnaflow inline and the SD in the rear. at first this thing was LOUD. now, it is kind of loud.

at cruise there was a TON of drone upon installing it. now, after 500 miles, there is little drone.

At WOT this SOB is still crazy loud, but is tolerable under partial throttle and cruising, but I would not call it quiet at cruise. I do not care for drone and at first I was kicking myself for buying this exhaust. After a few miles I find it tolerable... that said, I am still considering getting a second magnaflow section.
yes i was under the impression that the magnafloow in the rear would be the same size of the one in the front .. but Buschur told me yesterday that the front magnaflow is the small one .

so with tha been said .... im trying to see how the SD for the rear can be used on the jdm rear bumper with something on the front or on the middle that can minimize the sound ... since u said that the small magnaflow front and sd rear is LOUD
Old Nov 20, 2010, 07:26 AM
Account Disabled

The s.d vs the bullet muffler appears to be louder due to the small can look..I think im gonna take the bullet off cut the tip place it in the middle and get a sd muffler for the rear..I just want it not to loud at cruising speeds and the hwy but I like it loud but loud at wot..Also curious if I'm gonna lose power??????

Last edited by EVO IXMR; Nov 20, 2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 02:32 PM
Account Disabled

bump!!!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You shouldnt lose power with both on no. The SD is the least muffling of all of the mufflers Buschur offers.

Old style magnaflow on my car with JDM rear. My tip sticks out a little bit, I left it like that on purpose so I can keep as much crap off the rear as possible.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gary@MellonTuning
yes i was under the impression that the magnafloow in the rear would be the same size of the one in the front .. but Buschur told me yesterday that the front magnaflow is the small one .

so with tha been said .... im trying to see how the SD for the rear can be used on the jdm rear bumper with something on the front or on the middle that can minimize the sound ... since u said that the small magnaflow front and sd rear is LOUD
If you want the quietest setup Buschur offers you need the double Magnaflow. I have one Magnaflow like I said and it is still too loud for me.

I added a second muffler to my last exhaust, the Greddy Ti-c, and it didn't do ****, It was a 24x3" Magnaflow and you could hardly tell a difference, so I am not even gonna bother adding a second muffler again.

I am most likely going to put my Greddy back on, stick the silencer in there, and get an electric cutout for when I want to play. There isn't really much other choice. Do a search on "project hush." That kid spent so much time and money on trying to get a quiet exhaust and in the end it still wasn't quiet enough for him.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the small magnaflow muffler which replaced the bullet and SD rear and my car is LOUD! At first I ran it with just the magnaflow which sounded incredibly deep compared to my HKS. I then put on the SD rear and only the tone changed slightly. Noise was reduced at minimum. I love the way it looks and sounds but I am debating either swapping to two bullets, the large magnaflow and SD, or two small magnaflows.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Similar issues here. Though I'm running a high flow cat and bullet muffler. Louder than I'd prefer. Wish there were better options.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 08:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RevMoto
I have the small magnaflow muffler which replaced the bullet and SD rear and my car is LOUD! At first I ran it with just the magnaflow which sounded incredibly deep compared to my HKS. I then put on the SD rear and only the tone changed slightly. Noise was reduced at minimum. I love the way it looks and sounds but I am debating either swapping to two bullets, the large magnaflow and SD, or two small magnaflows.

I'm trying to decide on the same thing myself were on the same boat some days I say I should just leave it other days to change it.

David buschur should chime in to answer these questions.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVO IXMR
I'm trying to decide on the same thing myself were on the same boat some days I say I should just leave it other days to change it.

David buschur should chime in to answer these questions.
He can't give you an answer as this is solely based on preference. I feel the best solution is going to be to have multiple rear sections. When I want my car to be quieter I will add the larger magnaflow to the rear and when I am in the mood to hear it scream I will leave the SD rear section on.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:44 PM

very nice. If I ever mod my car... this will be the exhaust!

Quick Reply: anyone have JDM rear with Buschr Exhaust???