Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

New edition to the family....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 11:34 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pedobear
Old Mar 25, 2009, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
daily, nightly, racing, autocross, for no reason other than the joy of driving.... the break in period was 600-1000 miles right? i couldn't wait that long to get on it, so i put almost 1000 miles on the car in the first 3 days i owned it. i was off from work, so i basically lived in the car for 3 days. went through a few tanks of gas lol

this is why i'm afraid to buy a GTR...because i'll drive it everywhere, every day, all the time, and the value will go to hell because of it. but dammit, that's what cars are made for. to be driven. the EVO is so much fun to drive, why wouldn't i drive it every day?

Dude, I couldn't agree more. I probably put 1500 miles that first week of owning my EVO; my a$$ was glued to the seat! Cars are bought to be driven. I drive mine like their is no tomorrow. But then again, I drive my '05 TSX more than the EVO. It's smoothe and comfy as hell.

Gotta love em both.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Reth IX MR
Dude, I couldn't agree more. I probably put 1500 miles that first week of owning my EVO; my a$$ was glued to the seat! Cars are bought to be driven. I drive mine like their is no tomorrow. But then again, I drive my '05 TSX more than the EVO. It's smoothe and comfy as hell.

Gotta love em both.
i actually hate driving the TSX lol. i don't like smooth and comfy. to me that translates into detatched, and floaty. when i make a move on the steering wheel, or the throttle, i like instant, proportionate response. the TSX just feels sloppy. You turn the wheel, then you have to wait for the wheels to turn, then for the tires to grip, then for the tires to pull the suspension, then for the suspension to pull the front end, then for the rear end to catch up to what the front is doing. you can actually feel all the separate sections of the car changing directions and momentum. when i turn the EVO, it feels like the whole car turns at the same time. i want to put coilovers and sways on it so bad to stiffen it up, but...i have to remember it's for her, not me lol. i'd also like to supercharge it because it's retardedly slow. it can't even get out of it's own way...but....i have to remember, it's for her, not me lol. we bought it because i thought that when we took road trips it would be a better car to drive than the EVO, but it's just no fun to drive for me at all. looks like the EVO will still be king.