Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My buschur build 09

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2009, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts
My buschur build 09 thread start to finish. Pics!!!

Well here is the first official day i had all the parts back in my hands. Buschur trans/ t-case, buschur 3586 and mock buschur motor.

Parts towards build/extra's

Mock Buschur Motor (was not built by buschur but made with the same exact parts they use)
Buschur Bushwaker trans
Buschur T-case with rs lsd
Buschur FP Hta3586 with shearer manifold
Buschur shorter version upicp
Tial 50mm Bov
Jm Fabrication Drag Intake manifold
Ku engineering 3' Throttle Body
Buschur CDI COP
Buschur Race Fmic
Oem thermostat
Oem radiator hoses
Oem gasket kit
AC/delete
Innovate wideband
RC 1200cc injectors
Buschur Fuel Rail
Buschur Mini Battery Kit
Stm AN Fittings
Buschur BF 272's
Exedy Tripple Clutch
JM Fab Small Catch Can
Gates Kevlar Timing Belt
STM Fuel Lab FPR Kit
STM Couplers & Tbolt Clamps

PARTS I ALREADY HAVE
BUSCHUR ICP
BUSCHUR TURBO BACK EXHAUST
BUSCHUR MINI BATTERY
Aem Ems 5 bar map sensor

Dan Buschur transfer case re fresh with rs lsd installed. (def needs to be cleaned, im on it)

April 11,2009 UPDATE

Well i finally got back to putting this project back on track. Yesterday i was doging rain just to find out early morning, after taking the trans off, that the clutch was not lined up. Then my buddys father varified this when i came back from borrowing a clutch alignment tool from farmer. So today my buddy and his father came up and we tackled this head on and hard. Got the motor/trans/t-case back in and a few others. In all today i put in about 8hrs of work. Just want to thank Jeff and his pops for helping me out. Almost one year later and the motor is back in. Next week it will be turning over!

April 19,2009

Weekend 3 i have run into small problems here n there, thought my timming was off and wasnt, as you can see in the above picture my fuel rail does not sit normal anymore so i am going to have to see if anybody has a creative ideas for bolting this down..Going to have to order licp off buschur this week, i need to bolt up the water pump pulley, finish the double pumper install, finish the vacuum routing then should fire over. I know i said it would this week, but i have been by myself this week and i just ran into a few snags here n there. Im hoping next week start and tune...

UPDATE MAY 07 2009

Sorry for the blurry pics this is all done on my camera phone.

I got the starter fixed, i have ignition! Now i hooked up the vacuum lines and seen that there was nothing but a T'd off birds nest in my car. Hated it, so i got pissed off and bought a vibrant vacuum brick for the car. I installed the bracket wrong for the alternator so i have to fix that tomorrow, run the serp belt, new knock sensor, fill the fluids and wait for a small gasket to get here and i should be firing up by sunday latest..

UPDATE:: AUG 27.. Im at the tunning stage right now. I have some minor imperfections to work out so dont totally judge me yet. I still have some cleaning up to do of the car. Sorry for the blurry pics all my pics are done by cell phone! Enjoy

09/23/09 updated with videos

exhaust sounds a bit crappy due to the fact there is a quarter size hole in it now in front of the muffler , thats my next project .. car is not fully tuned yet.. switched from power fc back to oem ecu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47QPaE-Cw1U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deUE4CWsxo0

10/11/09 update::

Well ill be putting my car in the garage for the end of this year to work out the tiny bugs for next spring but next spring i plan to bring a beautiful car back on the road.. Plans are under raps till they come in and i start putting them in...

more to follow stay tuned ill have monthly posts of me working on the car in the garage...

11/08/09 update::

Well i know its only two picks but i do not feel like cluttering up my phone with pics.. Took the evap canister/emissions canister (whatever is the official name for it) this had to shave off 10-15lbs. Pretty easy to take it off. 2 12mm bolts(spray alot of pb blaster) 3 vacuum hoses and 1 harness and your done. Took about 15min to do. Went to start taking the rear sway off and the sway bar links need a 14mm deep socket on them, so that will be tomorrows adventure. Well here are the pics ...

[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/yellowevo42/evoevap2.jpg[/IMG

03/11/10 UPDATE::

Got a few things done today, just waiting on the last of my parts to get here and to place my final order on monday before i set up a tune appointment. ENJOY!!!

Had to replace my buschur battery posts because my dad purchased the wrong size odyssey battery when i was in iraq..

STM CLUTCH FORK INSTALLED

CUSTOM 4" INTAKE I MADE with NEW K&N FILTER

At a standstill getting the car ready and protected for rain all weekend. Pick back up when my parts arrive..

Parts i have coming and parts i have left to purchase

UPDATE: 03/20/2010

Got a lot done today, im about one day of solid work left of being ready for a tune.. Enjoy!!!

Almost ready for tune..

Making things neat and tucked..

BUSCHUR RACING CDI COP

Buschur CDI Waiting For A Buschur Battery Tray

Last edited by yellowevo82; Aug 2, 2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: New pics..
Old Mar 28, 2009, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Day 1

problem #1 i ran into a problem had a hell of a time, trying to time this the oil pump is not dead on but pretty damn close.

problem #2 as you can see by the pics im having serious alighnment issues with the trans and motor.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goodluck..hope its resolved
Old Mar 29, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

i hope so to thanks....
Old Mar 29, 2009, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

hah, buschur power bro!
Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

bump 4 buschur racing bro
Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck, bro. Why are you having alignment issues if everything is from Buschur?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

sweet, i woulda thought it would be easier to put together out of the car bc its a real pita in the car
Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

also i take it you went with a twin for the new turbo setup?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

I have no idea why the tranny is not bolting up, all i think i have to do is get new bolts and tighten her down cause everything is moving like it should. I had everything organized ie bolts but when my one friend came up bolts started getting un bolted and put in places it shouldnt have. so im just going to order all new transmission bolts and t case bolts for mounting. No worries it will be going in this week or ill just blow it up lol.. naw not really but i wont give up...

Mullen: had the exedy twin hd before this project, actually dan buschur and i talked about it and he said this clutch will probably not be enough for what im running but ill take the chance for now. Cant see spending 2,000+ on another clutch will see what she is made of i guess lol
Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

i agree, but i wouldnt use the bolts to pull it together if it wont go any further, wouldnt want to risk stripping it but thats just me...id try a blow hammer
Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Wont get stripped, its only a 1/4 inch off. I think will get her taken care of. Cause the shaft is in the wedge collar, and the shaft turns when we turn the crank. I think it just needs to be bolted up and then good to go...
Old Mar 29, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

o ic, i looked at the pics closer. when i put mine back in it was about the same and it drew back together just fine...misunderstood and thought that you were saying it was stuck and wouldnt go any further....cant wait to see this thing together and running
Old Mar 29, 2009, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

nice stuff man, hope you get everything sorted out
Old Mar 30, 2009, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

No problem man, i cant wait either..

Originally Posted by mullen
o ic, i looked at the pics closer. when i put mine back in it was about the same and it drew back together just fine...misunderstood and thought that you were saying it was stuck and wouldnt go any further....cant wait to see this thing together and running

Thank you, i hope so to..

Originally Posted by tougetuned
nice stuff man, hope you get everything sorted out

Quick Reply: My buschur build 09