Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

CBRD- back in the saddle again...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Keep up the good work man... Hope to you see guys on track soon.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice work as always, continue on!!!
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man they keep changing stuffs and yet haven't have a race or even a track day. It's sad to see race purpose built evo that have no purpose.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:54 AM

Wow really sweet lookin ride paint looks really good. Everything flows really well.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:04 AM

what tow hook is it?

pm me pls
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

+1 Reminds me of Badbish2. But being in the Evo Show and Shine section, those pics are awesome!

Originally Posted by vboy425
man they keep changing stuffs and yet haven't have a race or even a track day. It's sad to see race purpose built evo that have no purpose.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't say it has no purpose. You address the issues you see beforehand and then you don't have to change as much once you hit the track. This car will see track time soon enough.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BluByYouEvoVIII
I wouldn't say it has no purpose. You address the issues you see beforehand and then you don't have to change as much once you hit the track. This car will see track time soon enough.
i think i know a little more about tracking than you do buddy. You test the car first and then make changes. don't get me wrong the car look amazing, but when you announce you built a track car etc etc. It have been years and all we see is this car getting replacement parts. I guess parts get wear out quick when the car just sitting

Last edited by vboy425; Jul 10, 2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:32 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think i know a little more about tracking than you do buddy. You test the car first and then make changes. don't get me wrong the car look amazing, but when you announce you built a track car etc etc. It have been years and all we see is this car getting replacement parts. I guess parts get wear out quick when the car just sitting
if youre going to be offensive, i would have to say we know quite a bit more than you

We are changing inefficiencies in the setup that we arent happy with... a car thats pulling timing due to overly high inlet air temps isnt good.... a turbo kit that cant be taken off in the event of a mechanical issue isnt efficient... aka a track day wasted...

Im pretty sure BRAWN GP did their homework before hitting the track this year....

we are in no rush to hit the track.... we have customer cars to build everyday.... we will be there soon... in about 2 weeks...

having the aero completed is important... so we can do mechanical grip testing, then aero testing, etc

regardless... thanks for checking in on our thread

cb

Last edited by CBRD; Jul 10, 2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

So if you see foreseeable problems before you hit the track you don't change them? Nice philosophy Your superior knowledge about tracking only goes so far when you have a lack of common sense.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Great Job! Can't wait to see how it performs on the track!

Michael
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You guys have been busy! And you're making great progress. The new turbo kit is nice and clean, I like it - those Tial V-band housings are sweet.

I like the new intercooler; I always thought the vertical was novel, but kinda small in size. It's cool to see people working out of the box and testing. You tried something unique with the vertical flow IC, found it wasn't optimal, maybe did some swearing, and went back to the drawing board with some lessons learned. The latest stuff looks great and still uses a "novel" short route approach. Very nice.

I'll be in touch about the TAK 33R, should be ripping into my car tomorrow to figure out what's up.

Last edited by jid2; Jul 10, 2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jid2
You guys have been busy! And you're making great progress. The new turbo kit is nice and clean, I like it - those Tial V-band housings are sweet.

I like the new intercooler; I always thought the vertical was novel, but kinda small in size. It's cool to see people working out of the box and testing. You tried something unique with the vertical flow IC, found it wasn't optimal, maybe did some swearing, and went back to the drawing board with some lessons learned. The latest stuff looks like great and still uses a "novel" short route approach. Very nice.

I'll be in touch about the TAK 33R, should be ripping into my car tomorrow to figure out what's up.
Thanks JD-

we are excited to build you a turbo so let us know..

like i said, mark and i got a little over ambitious with the vertical fmic on the car... we had some theories that made sense, but didnt work in real world application (as it happens very often lol)..

now it should free up some lost power and gain some efficiency, allowing everything to breathe easier..

we may lose a little transient response over the TS setup, but i think we will pick up some power to compensate..

we definetly dont need more than 500whp on our dyno for what we want the car to do!

cheers

cb
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't mind some info on this TAK 33R too? Any plans to release this as a turbo kit?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Some infos on the TAK 33R in this thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-owners-3.html

Last edited by jid2; Jul 10, 2009 at 10:01 AM.

Quick Reply: CBRD- back in the saddle again...