Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

ebay front lip for evo ix?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was looking at the same lip on ebay. 149.99 + 200 for shipping wondering the same thing. I don't wanna risk it. I strongly believe it the "You get what you pay for" saying. When I bought my wheels I almost went with rotas, but I figured for a few mundrted more I can get Volks, the real thing. I'd heard so many horror stories about rotas and didn't want to risk it. I'd rather buy quality parts from a manufacturer that stands behind their work. Rexpeed has one. PM them on here and thay'll give you a quote shipped. I think it was like 420. Or J's Aero has one as well. They make great quality parts, but I believe they're out of stock. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So carbon fiber is much different then my fiberglass front lip. If you do go with CF, then I definately would recommend a brand that is known NOT to yellow or fade. THat does not have to be a super expensive one though. DO the research and see which ones hold up. You dont have to spend a fortune to get quality stuff. If you want to get it painted the color of your ride, then the cheaper Ebay lip like I got is perfect.

William (03evo4g63) is full of crap. I know him personally. He's acting like he opted for the VOLK wheels over the ROTAs. I agree that VOLKS are quality products and would be great to have, but William did not spend the "price" for those VOLKS. He got them used. His used price for the VOLKS were just a couple of hundred $ more then the ROTAs are new. SO yeah that was a no-brainer. Get the VOLKS. William you sitiuation does not apply here. Unless he can get a used expensive brand CF lip then your advice does not hold. Thanks for playing though.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
William (03evo4g63) is full of crap. I know him personally. He's acting like he opted for the VOLK wheels over the ROTAs. I agree that VOLKS are quality products and would be great to have, but William did not spend the "price" for those VOLKS. He got them used. His used price for the VOLKS were just a couple of hundred $ more then the ROTAs are new. SO yeah that was a no-brainer. Get the VOLKS. William you sitiuation does not apply here. Unless he can get a used expensive brand CF lip then your advice does not hold. Thanks for playing though.
Well...I did buy my wheels used, but that's besides the fact. I did pay "the price" still used. Infact, I paid more than "a couple hundred" more. With new tires and the rims I still paid $2600 bucks for them. I could have bought 3 sets of rotas for that price. I'm just using this as an example of quality of different manufacturers not about buying used vs new. Like I said previously, I'd rather buy from a manufacturer that WILL stand behind their word, saying I'd opt for the Rexpeed lip which is 70 dollars more, but they are well known for excellent quality vs "ebay" brand that is a 50/50 guess on fitment/quality. Hence why the OP posted up if anyone's taken the gamble to see if this lip is a stand up product. Just saying. But what do I know?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Wink

Originally Posted by 03evo4g63
When I bought my wheels I almost went with rotas, but I figured for a few hundrted more I can get Volks, the real thing
WIlliam, bud you are changing your story. Look at your quote above.

But regardless of that I agree with Will about paying for $70 more for the REXPEED CF lip over the EBAY one. The Rexpeed one is proven and has a good quality record. a $70 difference is NOT a lot to ensure good quality.

However if you were just going for a fiberglass one to get it painted, then I stand by my decision of buying the EBAY less expensive one.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
WIlliam, bud you are changing your story. Look at your quote above.

But regardless of that I agree with Will about paying for $70 more for the REXPEED CF lip over the EBAY one. The Rexpeed one is proven and has a good quality record. a $70 difference is NOT a lot to ensure good quality.

However if you were just going for a fiberglass one to get it painted, then I stand by my decision of buying the EBAY less expensive one.
you know I'm just messing with you Darrell. But anyways, I say until someone can vouch for the ebay brand lip being good, go for rexpeed or J's Aero. Great products for the money.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

I got mines from Bayson R. Fits great, easy to assemble.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

I think they all get it from same vendor in china or philiphin or where ever.
Expensive brand name is not always better than cheap brand.
Its really funny rally art lip became Rexpeed lip, JDP lip, etc.
and people talk $hit about when they come out with replica of voltex, varis, greddy etc.

BTW if i were u I would get 2 ebay lips for price of one.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mikeevo21
look for bayson R products at ebay i got my lip from them for my evo 8 and the fitment is perfect.
yeah too bad it appears he no longer sells them. i hear alot of good things about his products, i might have got one