Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

I Just Can't Make Up My Mind!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2009, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Just Can't Make Up My Mind!!!!!!!!

So I've said it a million times before. Wingless Evo's, in my opinion only look good with aggressive wheels, and I typically prefered a winged Evo to a wingless Evo. Well... I've been noticing a lot of negative attention for the general public latley. People yelling and signaling me to slow down as I pass their house at 37mph in a 35mph zone. People yelling at me to slow down, etc. The other day I was on the highway in the left lane passing a car at maybe 70-75mph, and this guy was on my ***. I finished passing the car, got over to let him pass and he decided it would be a good idea the give me the middle finger. These aren't the only times, It's been happening over the passed two years, but this passed weekend, it's been esepcially bad.

So like I said, I chose to give this a try and I just can't make up my mind as to if I like it or not. I mean, I do like it, but I can't decide if I what I like more.

Sorry, these are iPhone pictures. Not my usual photography.

Whoops, broken DSM got in the shot (those are my three real emotions about it, since it broke while I was driving it and it's my dad's... mostly though)

And winged. Not to mention, just a few weeks ago, I re-did the entire thing full carbon fiber, and it turned out great. These are older pictures. I've done a few things since then, but they get the point across.

I liked the winged look because it looks more aggressive and more, as LAME as this sounds, time attackish, even though it's just a stock wing. But the wingless gives it a clean street car look, which I defiantly like too. This is why I wish I had two Evo's. A Evo X PB daily driver (whihc I'd make wingless) and use my VIII as a dedicated track/low street use car. But, I'm poor. So that's out of the question.

HAAALP!
Old Apr 19, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

If they're being ****** and you really aren't speeding then screw it.. run em off the road. lol jk, ignore the haters. If you like it with the wing then put the wing on, you paid money for YOUR car so do what YOU want to it. btw the car looks good
Old Apr 19, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I know. But now that I tried it, I'm just not sure what to do! It looks good both ways I want to get the Rexpeed CF Type-C lip spoiler. I have always hated that spoiler, until I saw this picture

Old Apr 19, 2009, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WINGED!! Yes, it looks very aggressive!!
Old Apr 19, 2009, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol -

welcome to my world! I have both the stock spoiler, and the Rexpeed CF Type C spoiler, and I keep alternating between spoilers and wingless - just can't make up my mind! Honestly I think the car looks good all three ways (big wing, little wing, wingless), but part of what makes an evo an evo is the ridiculous whale tail that sticks off the back, that you have to peak over in your rear view mirror... deep down the ricer inside of me will always secretly like it.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Leave the wing on it looks so much more aggressive. I wanted to go wingless also but i just couldnt do it lol. Just love the way evo looks when its lowered and still has the wing
Old Apr 19, 2009, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Or, sell the wing to me and I'll deal with the douchebags...
Old Apr 19, 2009, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

keep the wing, that's makes the whole car.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im kinda going through the same thing. My wing is faded pretty bad. I dont know whether to replace it or fix it. Or just go with the rex speed spoiler?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

they just hating on your very nice oemish evo cause they dont have one. id give u the finger if i drove a corolla or something and got denied for a car loan. just out of pure jealousy. lol
Old Apr 19, 2009, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i firmly believe the only evo's that can pull off the wingless look are those with a JDM rear... it looks awful on a USDM bumper.

then again the essence of an evo is it's big/awkward wing.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:17 AM

wingless FTW
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, the JDM IX rear bumper is another thing that makes a wingless Evo look so much better. But then again, the JDM IX bumper makes any Evo look better, winged or wingless. I'd have one if it wasn't for the fear of being rear ended at 5 mph and totalling my car 10 minutes after install it the rear crash beam mod still doesn't give me a sense of protection.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:20 AM
Former Sponsor

this is ur car bro, no one elses actions should influence your choice, i say WINGED because it looks better in my opinion, if u did nothing wrong u should not change ur car so people dont do stupid stuff, enjoy it bro
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I know. I'm going to do what I want to do. It's just nice to hear feedback

Quick Reply: I Just Can't Make Up My Mind!!!!!!!!