Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My IC pipe showoff thread...

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2009, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My IC pipe showoff thread...

Well i finally got another IC pipe and replaced my damaged one today. i found out it was damaged about a month ago when my car was having the clutch and timing belt done. apparently i've been driving with this for over 2 years now and didn't know it. when i had a boost leak test done, this was a pretty obvious, and pretty loud one lol. what's funny is that this was on the car for every trip i've made to the drag strip, and just about every autocross i've run since i bought the car. the accident that happened that damaged that pipe happened less than a year after i bought the car. the intercooler and lower IC pipe was replaced, but i guess they neglected the lower section of the upper pipe. anyway, the car feels a lot better now. runs smoother and stronger. i always had a suspicion that i had a boost leak, but after i ran 12's in the car i figured it was just in my head...guess i was wrong lol

the pipe that was on the car:

the new pipe:
Old May 17, 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had something similar happen to me with my AMS lower IC pipe. nowadays everypipe under the hood is stainless
Old May 17, 2009, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

i had no idea the pipe was that bad until i got the coupler off. from the front with the coupler on and the bumper off, you couldn't even tell it was really damaged. the guy working on my car last month found it because they had to take all that off.
Old May 17, 2009, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

why didnt you get an upgraded one while you were at it??
Old May 17, 2009, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justa4banger
why didnt you get an upgraded one while you were at it??
well i'm not doing any modding to the car yet. the car is still stock other than a catback (no tune, no other power adders.) i ran a 12.82 @ 107.41 with a decent launch, 1.86 60', (cold track temps, no way around the water box) with the car the way it sits now, and apparently with that dented up pipe and boost leak. i want to take the car back to the track and see how much deeper i can get into the 12's with a basically stock EVO. i may even put the stock exhaust back on.

also, the upper IC piping requires you to convert to a smaller battery. total price for everything would be like $600. right now i'm getting ready for an autocross and i'm about to order new tires, as well as some other things that are of a higher priority. this was something that was unexpected and just needed to be fixed. got another stock pipe for $20.
Old May 17, 2009, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

damn..thats not a bad time for your mods...and btw have you checked out the muse ic pipes?? their cheap in price but look great
Old May 17, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
not all uicp require you to run a smaller battery. You can find stock route uicp that will work with ur stock battery.
Old May 17, 2009, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by porsherules911
not all uicp require you to run a smaller battery. You can find stock route uicp that will work with ur stock battery.
i know ETS makes one, but like i said, i've got other things higher on the priority list. this was just a must fix type of thing. not in the plans at all.
Old May 17, 2009, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justa4banger
damn..thats not a bad time for your mods...and btw have you checked out the muse ic pipes?? their cheap in price but look great
thanks yeah the time i ran at the track the only power mods on the car was the HKS catback, no tune, no other power adders, and the boost leak from that pipe. that's still what i have now, minus the leak. The night i ran was 45* and no way to get around the water box so the best 60' i could manage was a 1.86. still managed to pull a 12.82 @ 107.41mph with that launch AND the boost leak. i want to see how deep i can go into the 12's with a basically stock car. if i can pull a good 1.7 60' i should be able to hit 12.7 or a little lower. i may put the stock exhaust on to see what i can do in a totally stock car with 127,000 miles lol
Old May 18, 2009, 04:52 AM

talking about piping, I dunno if you guys in the USA gets the plazmaman piping...
But it runs with stock battery, and runs fine with my GruppeM intake (bumps it up a little but still alright).

but that pipe that was on ur car.... crazy! lolz