Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Operation Revival 2003 Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
front way too low
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice job man...ive been followin on your thread since the 4g63 swap did you completely scrap that project or will you finish it? i ask cause i will be attempting the same swap soon and wanted a few pointers/advice on what i look forward to. you can pm me so i dont jack this thread
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sawulkn
nice job man...ive been followin on your thread since the 4g63 swap did you completely scrap that project or will you finish it? i ask cause i will be attempting the same swap soon and wanted a few pointers/advice on what i look forward to. you can pm me so i dont jack this thread
thanks man I never bothered with the lancer being that the chassis was so rusted and I have big plans for the evo so having the 2 of them as projects will be very expensive and pointless.

I will PM you my messenger so if you need to know anything hit me up I can give you a few ideas and what you will need based on the experience i've had with my lancer.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Ok guys well the car spun a connecting rod beaing so I deceide to use it to my advantage and it was time for a rebuild also the car had bad third gear synchros and decided to change the 4th gear synchro also thanks to www.jackstransmission.com even though I havn't received them yet usps international shipping is really slow but anyways got the crank installed lastnight and planning to finnish assembling the motor tommorrow morning.Looking to get 500whp when I get my wideband,cams and upgrade my turbo kit

Took the tranny to work and put it in our high powered parts cleaner
then sprayed it with about 2 coats of high temp paint and 3 coats of high temp clear coat came out looking fresh and new.

manley crank and acl main bearings installed weighing 31lbs best my mechaic has been very experienced with building all kinds of evos says this is a much better crank than the eagle crank which is almost the same price

few other goodies I ordered from www.extremepsi.com whose customer service is platinum

Last edited by MaD_CaNaBiCe; Apr 1, 2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

well got the bottom end all fitted up this morning and put back in the car.I decided to wait for the synchros I ordered from jackstransmissions to put the gearbox back together and bolt it to the engine before I blot on the head.

This must have been a printing error noticed this after I purcahsed the parts and was worrying they would not work but all of my parts are standard bore

Last edited by MaD_CaNaBiCe; Apr 2, 2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

So anyways havn't updated this thread in months due to engine failure. So just 1100 miles after installing the manley pistons,rods and crank my oil pump failed and screwed up my crank and block so I needed a short block to get my car back on the road after days of searching with no results that fit my budget a friend of mine told me about a evo 5 that is in driving condition and selling for below 2k so ofcourse I jumped on the deal and got alot of nice goodies along with it the pics will tell the tale.

Here is my boy engineer who used to work for mynes perfomance in arizona taking the motor out of the evo 5 which is now his being that I never wanted to get caught up in another project.

[IMG]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh249/mad_canabice/My%20Evo/DSCN4123.jpg
[/IMG]

Motor out of the evo 5 already being torn apart and getting ready to put in my car

Evo 5 shortblock with stock crank balanced,Je pistons,eagle H beam rods,King main bearings and clevite rod bearings installed with my evo 8 head.

Installed a carbonfiber hood,trunk and a different front bumper hadn't painted it yet since I am waiting for my evo 9 rear bumper.

Got my tripple pod installed with aem tru boost and aem 0-150 psi oil pressure gauge.

Got some hood damper from my friends mitsubishi GTO planning to install them sometime next week.

Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

man talk about working on everything outdoors lol straight up island style!
Old Oct 29, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evokid8
man talk about working on everything outdoors lol straight up island style!
lmao we only took the parts outdoors for pics this time it was done in the shop
Old Jul 8, 2011, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

WoW It has been a long time since I have did some updates to this thread and I have been through alot of drama with this car that I have not even documented but to make a long story short the car has come a long way since I purchased it 2 years ago an here is how it stands today, Just a few more things performace wise I would like to upgrade then I would like to paint the car and leave it the way it is since I am not far from my HP goal of 700 hp.

Here is an evo 6 head I had laying around my yard that I sent to jamaica to get port and polished by AC Enineering who did a spectacular job

Specs are
Supertech 1mm oversize Intake valves
Supertech 1mm oversize Exhaust Valves
Supertech valve guides and valve seals
Ac Engineering 3 angle Valve job
Gsc S2 Camshafts
Gsc Behive Valve springs
Fidanza Cam Gears

Intake Port

Exhaust Port

Precision Gt30R turbo kit which I blew and the race meet we had last month

Oh well the next day I got a sweet deal on a 6262 which is what I wanted from the start but the GT30R made me do a 7.666 on 20 psi with pump gas and street tires on the 1/8th here

Precision 6262

Precision GT30R

Also got a new Set of shoes. Konig 18x9.5 in the rear and 18x8 with a 1" spacer in the front. yes they are staggered because they were for my friends S15 silvia

Did a little cleanup of the interior looks 100 times better than when I got it

Got the Aem in December last year and finally got the e-prom fixed whius was a pain in the a$$

Last edited by MaD_CaNaBiCe; Jul 8, 2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Also Upgraded from the exedy twin disc to a spec mini twin disc with the Push style conversion.
Removed the resonator from my HKS Hi power exhaust.
Buschur 65mm Throttle body
Precision 880cc injectors
custom 3" intercooler piping
Old Jul 9, 2011, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good bro