Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

C-west front vs. EVO IX front

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010 | 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
haa kind of took some liberties with the photoshop huh. lol added stuff to your hood and everything lol
=\.... jeep PATRIOT!!! lmao... at the time i bought my brother TB hood n spoiler... so i wanted to know how it would look on the car once sprayed... the patriots my " im too lazy to drive stick jus want to put it in drive " car...
Old Apr 26, 2011 | 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by e4on2e5
bodykits on an evo (80% of the time) are overdone... because these cars come with factory oem kits that already look aftermarket... adding anything bigger or more edgy would throw off the flow of the car thus giving wut most ppl here call the "ricer" look... however... i never thought of the c-west kit to be that... its almost the same length and width as the oem bumper so therefor its not to extreme in dimensions... it does however sit about 1-1.5" lower than the factory bumper... the lowered flat surface would create more downforce... exceptionally bigger area for intercooler/oil cooling, and a functional scoop that directs air straight to the filter... IMO i do not think the cwest kit is "rice" nor overdone. It is also not a fact that u would have to adjust ur IC piping in order for it to fit... Having had both on my car... the clearance is no different from a oem bumper with aftermarket lip... ur car ur choice...
OEM with CF Lip:

C-West fitment (no adjustments were necessary)

Perfect Fitment

Photoshopped Finish:

im gonna revive this because i can!
the kit that you bought is that real cwest? if so why do they come green? i thought high quality japanese body parts come with a different finish? if so then what company/brand are those. if so then where did you bought it at? and for how much? plus any recent pics of it?
Old Apr 27, 2011 | 11:44 AM
Former Sponsor

C-West kits do not come painted that color It is a black color that they come in. Is that C-West or is it a rep??
Old Apr 27, 2011 | 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Aftermarket: Voltex Front Bumper or a replica

OEM: Evo 9 with an APR or Voltex front lip or a nose chopped evo 8 with a Doluck lip.
Old Apr 27, 2011 | 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

I just read some the following comments and Wow! Not impressed at all with some posts about the stock bumpers.

When it comes down to aesthetics, it's all your choice and preference. Go with whatever you like best.

Last edited by 4G63kevin; Apr 27, 2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2011 | 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dookiedang
im gonna revive this because i can!
the kit that you bought is that real cwest? if so why do they come green? i thought high quality japanese body parts come with a different finish? if so then what company/brand are those. if so then where did you bought it at? and for how much? plus any recent pics of it?
its the AIT Racing CW body kit if you must know. all there parts come primed green. its crappy primer and kits come in rough so you will have to do some major prep work to get it paintable but once its done its comes out clean of course. i have same kit. I have a brand new ait cw rear still in plastic if you like the rear. I ended up getting a real jdm rear
Old Apr 27, 2011 | 03:47 PM

APR bumper or the APR lip on a stock IX bumper and sexy
Old Apr 27, 2011 | 06:36 PM

i have c-west bumper and it looks good
Old Apr 27, 2011 | 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Cwest are sick looking
Old Apr 27, 2011 | 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

C-West All The Way. I never regretted changing that stock bumper.
Old Apr 28, 2011 | 07:02 AM

Cwest front and go with this back bumper!!!
http://www.streetconcept.com/5300.html
Old Apr 28, 2011 | 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

pretty ugly rear to be honest looks like a new corolla rear without the lights. the jdm rear or even the actual cwest rear looks better
Old Apr 28, 2011 | 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by umopp
Aftermarket: Voltex Front Bumper or a replica

OEM: Evo 9 with an APR or Voltex front lip or a nose chopped evo 8 with a Doluck lip.

so it can look like any other evo on the street??

Originally Posted by RockmanX
its the AIT Racing CW body kit if you must know. all there parts come primed green. its crappy primer and kits come in rough so you will have to do some major prep work to get it paintable but once its done its comes out clean of course. i have same kit. I have a brand new ait cw rear still in plastic if you like the rear. I ended up getting a real jdm rear
can we get some pics? hows the fitment on the ait? its just straight forward? any trimming? i know you gotta drill the holes for sure. can we still retain the bumper retainer and brackets or do you have to use new ones?

maan EVOM is great. haha i can find anything i need on here
Old Apr 28, 2011 | 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

can we get some pics? hows the fitment on the ait? its just straight forward? any trimming? i know you gotta drill the holes for sure. can we still retain the bumper retainer and brackets or do you have to use new ones?

ask and you shall recieve

make sure you take the parts to a good paint shop toyota painted mine

drivers side
Now i had to cut this sideskirt because it would be rubbing on the tire if i did not

after all that install rest and your done simple install i did it alone with simple tools

Old Apr 30, 2011 | 02:45 AM
Evolving Member

You're kidding me right? There is a reason for most people rocking a similar look and that is because it looks GOOD. You won't see me throwing **** on my car just to look different.

Quick Reply: C-west front vs. EVO IX front