Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should look into Penrite Oil...they are Austrailian and it looks to be pretty nice stuff. I have not used it but there is an article reviewing oil and it was the favorite. There is a link somewhere on here but I can't remember where. I have found where to source it here in the US and will be trying it out next oil change. It is kind of pricey though, $75 for 5L of 5w-50 100% synthetic, you don't need that weight oil but it gives you an idea of the price. You want to look into something in a 10w-30 100% synthetic, NOT fully synthetic (which only needs to be 30% syn to be called fully). Many people use AMSoil, but there are many other great oils out there, Red Line, Motul, Lucas, Royal purple (needs oil changed more often then some), I am currently running Elf/Total 10w-50 Racing oil. I am using it for the first time and plan to send it out to a lab and see what they think of it, I am going to do it with the Penrite too. Then compare, maybe do a third oil (thinking Motul) then decide which one to run. My engine is built and will see severe high boost/RPM track use, so oil is a concern of mine.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

canards are disgusting imo. Get rid of it asap.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Benz04GSR
I didn't know that... I've stuck with my Enkies because I like the way they look, especially in BLACK (I'll be doing this soon).

WW is the best color, ya know, except for TB.
I thought the same thing at first, til one of my friends bought a brand new 05 MR back in the day and showed up enkei wheels and told me that it was an option plus he said he had to pay for the hids cause they were an option too and not a stock item
Old Jun 21, 2009, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

JDM girls driving JDM turbo rally cars OMG!!!
Old Jun 21, 2009, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by casper980
You should look into Penrite Oil...they are Austrailian and it looks to be pretty nice stuff. I have not used it but there is an article reviewing oil and it was the favorite. There is a link somewhere on here but I can't remember where. I have found where to source it here in the US and will be trying it out next oil change. It is kind of pricey though, $75 for 5L of 5w-50 100% synthetic, you don't need that weight oil but it gives you an idea of the price. You want to look into something in a 10w-30 100% synthetic, NOT fully synthetic (which only needs to be 30% syn to be called fully). Many people use AMSoil, but there are many other great oils out there, Red Line, Motul, Lucas, Royal purple (needs oil changed more often then some), I am currently running Elf/Total 10w-50 Racing oil. I am using it for the first time and plan to send it out to a lab and see what they think of it, I am going to do it with the Penrite too. Then compare, maybe do a third oil (thinking Motul) then decide which one to run. My engine is built and will see severe high boost/RPM track use, so oil is a concern of mine.
Thanks for the information, casper980! The car is currently using Mobile 1 full syn 5W-50 which is changed few days ago, but some of my friend told me it is too thick for the car, is that right? And also I checked the user manual it recommend use the "SAE 5W-30", so my question is do i need change back to 5W-30? or just stay with Mobile1 5W-50 for a while?
Old Jun 21, 2009, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy Eyes
JDM girls driving JDM turbo rally cars OMG!!!
lol~~ my friend told me she also own a RX7 (FD3S) and thats why she was selling the evo
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:05 PM

love the ww and the rhd! Nice ride man
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by 303WIN
love the ww and the rhd! Nice ride man
Sorry ... what is the "WW"?
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by johnnyli
Sorry ... what is the "WW"?
"ww" means "weightless white" color of the evo and "rhd" means "right hand drive" just in case ur wondering lol
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome to the familiy. Right side drive sick, On oil i use Royal Purple 5-40W
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by johnnyli
lol~~ my friend told me she also own a RX7 (FD3S) and thats why she was selling the evo
idk I find it pretty cool that a girl is into cars, especially if it was an evo and rx7 lol we'd have so much to talk about haha
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:35 AM

Here are few more better pics of my "Snowflake"...

Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Those LEDs in the front bumper are pretty gay. The rest of the car looks nice though!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy K
"ww" means "weightless white" color of the evo and "rhd" means "right hand drive" just in case ur wondering lol
Old Jun 22, 2009, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by The Rake
Those LEDs in the front bumper are pretty gay. The rest of the car looks nice though!
Acutally I agree with you! but I will keep that at the moment since it was install by the lady owner in Japan..... lol!

Quick Reply: Newbie