Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evo IX Conversion? Cheesy?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2009 | 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Evo IX Conversion? Cheesy?

Hello im new and I just got my 1st mod my JDM bumper. Today I was around a lot of EVO's and the 9 bumper to me looks so much better than the 8's. The 8 bumpers look a bit out of date to me. My question is it corny, ricey, POSER!, fake and all of the above to slap on a evo 9 front bumper to my evo 8? Is there any aerodynamic value that I can justify in my head that its worth getting? thanks
Old Jul 3, 2009 | 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

No it's not and many owners swap as well. For example owners who do not favor the IX bumper swap to VIII and vice versa. It's not like you own a 530 and are putting on M5 parts, it's essentially the same car with an updated exterior.
Old Jul 3, 2009 | 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

All you need is some Carbon Fiber Ducts & Carbon Fiber Lip and call it a day. That my friend, will look good if not better than a IX bumper.
Old Jul 3, 2009 | 10:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by reth ix mr
all you need is some carbon fiber ducts & carbon fiber lip and call it a day. That my friend, will look good if not better than a ix bumper.
+1
Old Jul 3, 2009 | 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

i like the little mitsu emblem im not one for bling, and the edgy look of the front bumper instead of the smoothness. I just dont want to be hated on for switching. Does the 9 bumper flow more air?
Old Jul 3, 2009 | 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

who gives a fuc what people think. if you do thats sad. Design your evo the way you see fit please dont be a clone and go off others ideals instead of your own. after all you make the payments you drive it do whatever you feel hell run no front bumper if you like. i personally dont like the 8 or 9 bumper thats why i sold mine but its ok to put a 9 front on after all there both still the same car a evo is a evo man.
Old Jul 3, 2009 | 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by RockmanX
who gives a fuc what people think. if you do thats sad. Design your evo the way you see fit please dont be a clone and go off others ideals instead of your own. after all you make the payments you drive it do whatever you feel hell run no front bumper if you like. i personally dont like the 8 or 9 bumper thats why i sold mine but its ok to put a 9 front on after all there both still the same car a evo is a evo man.
Don't listen to this ricer. If you've seen what we have seen what he has done to his cars, you would probably barf in your mouth as well. LOL! But honestly, the ducts and lips flows really nice with the 8 bumpers.
Old Jul 3, 2009 | 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

I got the IX front end on my VIII. I personally like it a lot. looks good on the car. I don't see it as being a poser move at all, got to customize it the way you want man.

Old Jul 3, 2009 | 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

put whatever bumper you want on, its YOUR car

and no a lot of people do what you want to do
Old Jul 3, 2009 | 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Old Jul 3, 2009 | 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by meggs00
Hello im new and I just got my 1st mod my JDM bumper. Today I was around a lot of EVO's and the 9 bumper to me looks so much better than the 8's. The 8 bumpers look a bit out of date to me. My question is it corny, ricey, POSER!, fake and all of the above to slap on a evo 9 front bumper to my evo 8? Is there any aerodynamic value that I can justify in my head that its worth getting? thanks
Who gives a **** what other people think, if you like it then do it. You are the one who has to be happy with your car, period.

I personally like the VIII bumper better than my IX bumper, except I would shave the nose looking thing at the top, but to each his own.

Enjoy the car
Old Jul 3, 2009 | 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

AdvanRG2

yea thats why all my cars win awards at shows but hey thats just me. never had a issue selling any of my cars easy after i was done building and showing but again i could care less about opinions on the internet. I guess you dont know if its not american muscle its rice. Anyways to the op as posted in the pic above the 9 bumper is classy and most care about how fast there car is anyway and could care less about exterior looks.
Old Jul 3, 2009 | 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

The VII bumper looks really good with the CF Lip. Looks more aggressive then the IX. I love my IX bumper though. And no, it does not make you a "Poser" to get a IX bumper. At the end of the day, it's still an Evo and most importantly; Your Car!

I'm about to throw an Evo VI bumper on my V!
Old Jul 3, 2009 | 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

sup remixx how goes the V project anyways??
Old Jul 3, 2009 | 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Not to throw this thread completely off topic; Evo IX bumper FTW!

Originally Posted by RockmanX
sup remixx how goes the V project anyways??
It's going. The car should be in the shop getting repainted and little bits and pieces bolted on. Right now, I'm trying to choose the rims I want.

Quick Reply: Evo IX Conversion? Cheesy?