Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Evo V RS in North Yorkshire - England

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2009 | 02:06 AM
Evolving Member

dude nice car. well done and beautiful. wish i could get one of those here in the U.S.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by D420mac
na i'm in Afghanistan
Oh right. Keep up the good work over there! I hope the gorvernment decide to pull you guys and gals out asap. Stay safe

Originally Posted by hybrid25us
Gorgeous man. My first true love, the things i would do to get my hands on one.
Hehe I feel privileged

Originally Posted by whitedsm97
dude nice car. well done and beautiful. wish i could get one of those here in the U.S.
I feel for you guys, the import laws are stupid
If anyone is ever in my neck of the woods I would happily take you out for a spin
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

hey man you need to e-mail me a few pic's for a desktop.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by D420mac
hey man you need to e-mail me a few pic's for a desktop.
PM me your email addy I'll shoot some over
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

What a beautiful car.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 08:01 AM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

Subscribed! Hi Kins! Yes, you have one beautiful V! Great job! It looks like you pamper her too! Best of luck with her! How many miles/kilometers has she gone? Any future plans, or mods? By the looks of her, I'd guess that it is garaged kept? Is this an original JDM car, or was it brought over via RALLIART when new?

Sorry for ALL these questions, I'm (and sure MANY!) just in awe! Cheers! -Howard
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NJ9MR
Subscribed! Hi Kins! Yes, you have one beautiful V! Great job! It looks like you pamper her too! Best of luck with her! How many miles/kilometers has she gone? Any future plans, or mods? By the looks of her, I'd guess that it is garaged kept? Is this an original JDM car, or was it brought over via RALLIART when new?

Sorry for ALL these questions, I'm (and sure MANY!) just in awe! Cheers! -Howard
Hi Howard,

No worries, I enjoy answering questions about my car. Thanks for the compliments

I've had her since Dec 08 (when I moved back over here from Chicago).
I do pamper her as she's my pride and joy... (like most Evo owners)
She has been converted to MPH when she was imported here in 2007. When I got her she had 31,500 miles on her now she's coming up to 38,000 miles.

Yes of course there are mod plans! I've just fitted BC RM inverted coilovers and the next step is to bring her up to full stage one mods (for the time being). I have a full Kakimoto TBE, next on the shopping list is, hard wired -uprated fuel pump (bosch 044 or walbro 255lph), AEM Tru-boost and Uego gauges in cluster surround pod. I have a HKS RS induction pipe and Blitz SUS filter ready to go on as well as a few bits of bling like ARC heatshield, silicon hoses etc...
I plan on self tuning my car using ECUflash with help from members off www.geekmapped.com

After stage 1 mods I plan to upgrade the brakes to AP 6 pots on the front and 4 pots on the rear.

After that it's big money time. I'd love to forge the engine and go for a 2.3 stroker kit and new turbo kit. I'd love an AMS GT35r kit but it's perhaps a little overkill and laggy for my RS so maybe the a gt30r. I'm also considering fitting Turnotechnics S205 which is similar to a FP red but I have the support and lead time from a UK company. It will be a while before I'm ready for all this and completion of stage 1 mods is my first goal. On top of this there is the cost of upgrading the clutch to a twin or tripple plate, injectors...blah blah lots of money.

Besides that I just want to drive the car and enjoy her. She's my daily driver and is NOT a garage queen. I'm going to compete in as many track days as I can and aslo plan to run the car in the Mitsubishi Lancer Register Sprint Series. Right now I'm in class one

Mitsi made the car to be driven and that's what I plan to do. She will be well looked after and pampered in the process

Thanks for reading.

Karl

Edit - Howard the car is not garage kept and sits on a drveway every night! haha. All V's are imports (unless you live in japan ). You can get Official Ralliart imported (known as UK cars) on VI's onwards here in the UK.

Last edited by Kins; Jul 29, 2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Evo V is by far my favorite. beautiful car man.
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoDON
Evo V is by far my favorite. beautiful car man.
Thanks man
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

If those rims were white, it would be absolutely perfect. Then again that's my preference only hah.

I'll send you my email, can you send me some desktop images too?
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

I'm actually in the process of importing one of these bad boys...can't wait! best Evo Evar!!!
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

damn man... in my opinion this is where it all began... this was the first evo i was introduced to way back then
Old Jul 29, 2009 | 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

i am sooooo jealous! damn that looks awsome!
Old Jul 30, 2009 | 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03_Lancer_ES
If those rims were white, it would be absolutely perfect. Then again that's my preference only hah.

I'll send you my email, can you send me some desktop images too?
I tied to sent an email but I think the file size was too big. I'll try again later.

I was actually thinking about having he wheels refinished by powder coating them gloss black. White wheels are a ***** to clean.

Originally Posted by Hittman
I'm actually in the process of importing one of these bad boys...can't wait! best Evo Evar!!!
I take it thats an illegal import?

Originally Posted by silverguy
damn man... in my opinion this is where it all began... this was the first evo i was introduced to way back then
Please share your experience with us

Originally Posted by Solley
i am sooooo jealous! damn that looks awsome!
Thank you!!
Old Jul 31, 2009 | 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kins

I take it thats an illegal import?

Please share your experience with us

It's not actually illegal to import the car, it's illegal to drive it once its here. There's a whole slew of ways to get around Johnny Law, and everyone has there own story. I'll post up pics upon arrival

Quick Reply: My Evo V RS in North Yorkshire - England