Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Rota 17x9 DPT Hyper Black

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2009, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
no i was thinking of getting dpt in gold with chrome lip how are they so far just like any other rims right??
Old Oct 5, 2009, 02:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ottomatic
I don't see any rubbing with no fender modification whatsoever. The car is on GTworx springs because any lower, the car will likely hit bottom with all the dips around where I live. I was too lazy to reclean the car after it rained so here goes (it took me awhile because I've just been busy):
The car looks awesome Don! I'm happy to see everything fit well and that you have 0 rubbing

-Dan
Old Oct 5, 2009, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

they look awesome
Old Oct 5, 2009, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
no i was thinking of getting dpt in gold with chrome lip how are they so far just like any other rims right??
They are definitely a unique color. I think I have gotten more compliments with these wheels than my gold volks. The paint finish is smooth (well it's still new) so I can't report on the long-term quality yet. As far as durability and how these rota wheels hold up, honestly before I had my volks, I ran the 15.5 lb kosei k1 ts and hit some pretty nasty potholes. I mean as with any other non-forged wheel, just be careful out there. Seeing those kind of scary pics really does not tell the whole story as to what kind of abuse the owner put them through. I cannot speak for how strong these rotas will hold up, though i doubt they will likely break on me, I will definitely let you guys know if something of that unlikely nature occurs. As for now, rockin the hyper black "Volks" gets me enough attention as I cruise along....
Old Oct 5, 2009, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SLOW2.0
not my wheel but the spokes of some cheap wheels are prone to cracking and eventually breaking on cars that either make high power or are in accidents

the wheel i posted doesn't look bent up so i assume it kept cracking and the owner didn't notice until that happened
And Volks bend. You can buy 3 Rotas for one Volk Its funny, I have had the cheapest wheels and the most expensive and none of them have ever failed. Sorry, these pics mean nothing unless its first hand experience and you can elaborate on it...
Old Oct 5, 2009, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

Lookin good
Glad to see it up and running lol
Old Oct 5, 2009, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
And Volks bend. You can buy 3 Rotas for one Volk Its funny, I have had the cheapest wheels and the most expensive and none of them have ever failed. Sorry, these pics mean nothing unless its first hand experience and you can elaborate on it...
SUP MAN. seeing pics like this get me scared to buy rotas. Evodave tells me all the pics of broken ones are BS as they were doing something wrong he said he autox on his all time multiple sets and nothing happens just like any other wheel. I just dont want to put over 17k in this motor build and have a freaking wheel break on me and i dont want to spend 3k for some rims and have curb rash or something would **** me off highly so putting all the i hate copy rims aside whats the likely hood of dragging on these and DD use then some road course use of these just breaking on me like all these crazy pic people seem to post??
Old Oct 6, 2009, 08:32 AM

and yes expensive wheels can bend too but with the exception of HREs have you seen any that cracked or broke without being in a serious accident
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

if you're spending almost 20k on your motor pony up more than a grand for wheels
I buy alot of expensive things for the evo and Z this is true but there are many things i am not willing to do thats stupid to spend 3k on wheels or 3k on bride seats that are going to get worn down over time or curb rash or soda stains etc. i got expensive wheels on my Z for what. have to watch what im doing etc. In fact i got two sets of same rim just in case and i would never race on those. Which means ill have to buy another set something else. It seems people with rotas are racing with them dragging autoX just fine and on top of that DD action. sooooooooooooo far it seems every single time rota haters come up they post some bs pic that is discredited by another seems to me the wheels might actually be gangster and purist are just butt hurt they are dumb enough to pay 3k for some wheels when its not needed. maybe its just the fact that its knock off wheels i suppose thats it. I just need a wheel that works in all places from people that have used them not what they been told. I have not heard any current stories of i bought this wheel and it lasted 1 month of hard racing type talk.

Last edited by RockmanX; Oct 6, 2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

to be honest i don't really care what wheels you are anyone else has or whos butt hurt over what

just getting my 50 posts in so i can sell some tires in the classifieds
So your starting debates and arguements with no first hand experience Wow, just WOW. Could've just went to show and shine and said nice car...

Like I said, I have never ever broken a wheel. I've had Motegi, Volk, Konigs, Enkei, BBS, etc. I've road raced them, dragged them, and everything else. I also do not know one person that has broke a wheel other than in an accident with direct impact. It was an expensive wheel that broke just like any wheel woudl've. My point is I'll take 3 rotas per 1 Volk any day of the week. I just put a set of Rota DPT's on my 800 whp evo so we'll see if they ever break

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Oct 6, 2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, whats your point? I can replace it 3 times for the cost of one BBS. I've never ever broken one and I'll take my chances. When one breaks I'll gladly replace it... Again, you have no first hand experience. And for someone who doesnt care you surely keep up with the debate. But hey, your up to 42 posts
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wheels are clean man keep us posted, hey brian do you have pics of your wheels yet on your beast
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdowd
wheels are clean man keep us posted, hey brian do you have pics of your wheels yet on your beast
Yup, here are a few. Still need to adjust the suspension once the motor is in. I'll drop it more all the way around. The DPT's look great.

Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
looking good most-wanted
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
bringing this from the dead. just wanting to see more pics of this setup (op). i have Rota Boost in 17x8 lookin to go 18x9 if not 17x9. i want hyper black g-force or the DPT's

Quick Reply: Rota 17x9 DPT Hyper Black