Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

FSAE and my evo w/ nt03+m

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor evo!!! I bet you feel like you are in a school bus pulling 5 tanks after getting out of one of those little speed demons!

Looks like you got something going for you, I wish you the best of luck!

Did i miss the post with the wheel specs though? 18X9.5 + 38 maybe? or can you restate with tire size thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by AznDragonV
codgi, nice sig lol

are you an engineer? im studying mechanical engineering
Off Topic

Sorry now saw this . Software Engineer by degree/profession, but Mechanical Engineer/Aero at heart since both have always interested me. Basic approach to problems is all the same, just the speciality is different .

I had lots of friends on our SAE car. So I was able to watch them build it up over their Junior and Senior year. Don't remember how it did in the competition in the end. I know I saw in on display a couple of times when I went back for college recruiting for my company.

I started (and more or less finished) my senior project my junior year so then I ended up helping out on a MUAV (Miniature Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) project. Wrote the code that would make a Sidewinder joystick control the craft from a laptop. Lots of fun. Enjoy college...work is overrated .

Good luck with your degree....that (ME) was my back up plan .

The sig was just in response to some responses I had been seeing under the ECUFlash forum. Someone would post a map asking for help, then other people would give them all kinds of "help" without even asking the OP important questions like I dunno, type of fuel, boost, mods to help them end up at a proper solution. Thats when I realised the big difference between engineers and everyone else and thus the sig.

Last edited by codgi; Oct 7, 2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Racman709394
http://students.sae.org/competitions/supermileage/

check out our car, we got 3rd place in the world and 2nd in the nation just this past june

here is our car in LA auto show in 2008
http://green.autoblog.com/2008/11/24...%3D18%26um%3D1
where is your car on autoblog? your FSAE car?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Poor evo!!! I bet you feel like you are in a school bus pulling 5 tanks after getting out of one of those little speed demons!

Looks like you got something going for you, I wish you the best of luck!

Did i miss the post with the wheel specs though? 18X9.5 + 38 maybe? or can you restate with tire size thanks!
lol what do you mean poor evo? haha

the wheels are 18x9.5 +27 tires are 245/40/18
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

our formula never made it to autoblog. the car still under some construction right now. our school is known of supermileage right now, it used to be solar cars and SAE mini baja
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by codgi
Off Topic

Sorry now saw this . Software Engineer by degree/profession, but Mechanical Engineer/Aero at heart since both have always interested me. Basic approach to problems is all the same, just the speciality is different .

I had lots of friends on our SAE car. So I was able to watch them build it up over their Junior and Senior year. Don't remember how it did in the competition in the end. I know I saw in on display a couple of times when I went back for college recruiting for my company.

I started (and more or less finished) my senior project my junior year so then I ended up helping out on a MUAV (Miniature Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) project. Wrote the code that would make a Sidewinder joystick control the craft from a laptop. Lots of fun. Enjoy college...work is overrated .

The sig was just in response to some responses I had been seeing under the ECUFlash forum. Someone would post a map asking for help, then other people would give them all kinds of "help" without even asking the OP important questions like I dunno, type of fuel, boost, mods to help them end up at a proper solution. Thats when I realised the big difference between engineers and everyone else and thus the sig.
thanks man,

i still have this year and next year and im done!.. unless i go to grad school. Ive been thinking about motorsports engineering. but idk yet...

by the way.. does your company want to support CSU FSAE? lol
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by codgi
Off Topic

Awesome sig hahaha
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Racman709394
our formula never made it to autoblog. the car still under some construction right now. our school is known of supermileage right now, it used to be solar cars and SAE mini baja
Oh so is the supermileage on autoblog? thats pretty cool? where is it? i didnt see it on the link?

at CSU we have FSAE and Hybrid SAE. Last year Hybrid did pretty good.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

nice nice congrats.

http://green.autoblog.com/gallery/la...leage-vehicle/
they labeled us as UCLAon the address hahahha
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

thats pretty cool.

do you have a link to your FSAE car?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

that's the only picture i have on me right now. it's incomparable to yours....
Old Oct 8, 2009, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Last i heard, berkeley had plans to turbocharge their fsae. My team and i was at the SAE western conference to acquire funding for our ASME human powered vehicle back in 2005.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by braille
Last i heard, berkeley had plans to turbocharge their fsae. My team and i was at the SAE western conference to acquire funding for our ASME human powered vehicle back in 2005.
Hmmm that would be cool.. but im not sure its do able.. well see i guess. Are you still on the team? where do you go to school
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:31 AM

Those rims are hot
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

^^ thanks. They are off for winter now. and need tires. whats a summer performance tire good for both dry and wet? that doesnt cost a lot.

Next year i think i might lower the car more...