Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Interior.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good idea.lol what exactly did you do to get the suede to stick though? I sprayed them down with the spray can I had and all it did was bleed through and slide around. I try to get a light even spray as good as possible. I want to try this again soon cause it really looks nice in person
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by murderedevo256
good idea.lol what exactly did you do to get the suede to stick though? I sprayed them down with the spray can I had and all it did was bleed through and slide around. I try to get a light even spray as good as possible. I want to try this again soon cause it really looks nice in person
The reason yours slid all over the place and didnt stick was because you sprayed too much glue, or didnt wait long enough for the glue to setup. Both sides need to be sprayed, the suede, and the peice you are putting it on. Let the glue get "tacky" for a few minutes, then stick it. Much easier.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

I used a can of 3m I got from a fabric store. I did spray it on both and left it a few minutes but it still did the same thing. I was thinking that the nozzle it sprayed out from even on the low setting made it clump up and come out to much. I know they make those spray guns for glue I was thinking that might be the best route maybe.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TriangleChoke
Dude, amazing job, I love DIY jobs, and very well done!

There are some things I tackle and some things I'm scared too because I have issues with the patience factor, but I'm getting better lol...how long this this take you?

again, awesome work!
Thank you! It's definetly frustrating especially when you want to get everything perfect. Im not too patient my self but i try to hold it back and get it done!

Thursday and Friday I started to paint at night after work for about 2 hours each day. Than it took Saturday and Sunday to finish. I will admit i was being lazy at times so it could proboly be done a lot quicker. I also cleaned the whole interior and shampood the carpets.

Originally Posted by UGA Evo
That is a night and difference over the stock interior, looks great. That had to of taken quite some time and patience.
Definetly took some patiance. I love it over the stock iterior. It give it a warmer feel inside and it's a lot quieter (If thats even a word lol)

Originally Posted by Domolution
Damn, looks good, but got enough pictures there!?! Hahaha....deng!

But yeah mang.....looks good!
Thanks Man. I still didn't put the lugs on lol.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

I used a can of 3m I got from a fabric store. I did spray it on both and left it a few minutes but it still did the same thing. I was thinking that the nozzle it sprayed out from even on the low setting made it clump up and come out to much. I know they make those spray guns for glue I was thinking that might be the best route maybe.
Did you use the Balck can or the Green can?

I used this:

Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

hmm I think its actually a orange can with a blue top. so the green one is what you used?
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

hmm I think its actually a orange can with a blue top. so the green one is what you used?
Yup. You can find it at the Home Depot. It's $14.00 a can after tax here in NY. I used 3 cans. Maybe an over kill but i dont need anything getting loose.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

ok thanks for the heads up man im gonna go there and check it out today
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

does the suede thickness matter with it bleeding through? I have a think micro suede its really thing from the fabric store as well
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

that came out Amazing. really good job. I know how hard this is cause i tried this a year ago. and it was a complete fail. had dried glue on everything and a ruined headliner when i was done. had to sand everything down and went gloss black. might give the roof a go again you gave me inspuration.
Looks beautiful nice job
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

ok thanks for the heads up man im gonna go there and check it out today
I think it might a little but Just make sure you dont soak the material in the glue. make sur the surface is completly covered. the glue dosent have to be layerd on there.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NJ_EveOhVIII
that came out Amazing. really good job. I know how hard this is cause i tried this a year ago. and it was a complete fail. had dried glue on everything and a ruined headliner when i was done. had to sand everything down and went gloss black. might give the roof a go again you gave me inspuration.
Looks beautiful nice job
Thanks man. I appriciate it. If you want to come down to LI. We can give it a go.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

does the suede thickness matter with it bleeding through? I have a think micro suede its really thing from the fabric store as well
The less glue the better basically. Trust me, once that stuff dries, its basically contact cement. Its going NOWHERE. Kinda weird, but once in while we get huge bugs in the shop, and we will glue them to the floor. After about an hour, you cant blow them off the floor with 60psi of air pressure 6 inches away from them. Its tough stuff.

Btw, i do this stuff for a living. If you need some help, lemme know. I prob wouldnt charge you any more than youll pay for the glue, and i have the sprayers.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbo01s2k
The less glue the better basically. Trust me, once that stuff dries, its basically contact cement. Its going NOWHERE. Kinda weird, but once in while we get huge bugs in the shop, and we will glue them to the floor. After about an hour, you cant blow them off the floor with 60psi of air pressure 6 inches away from them. Its tough stuff.

Btw, i do this stuff for a living. If you need some help, lemme know. I prob wouldnt charge you any more than youll pay for the glue, and i have the sprayers.
Thats awesome man. do you enjoy it?
Old Oct 15, 2009, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I had mine done I got a lot of bubbling on the Cpillar area. I have a feeling the glue they used wasn't too good or they didn't do it properly. Lots of the stuff on the edges toward the front windshield is coming loose too.

Do you think it's possible to redo it using the same fabric or should I just do everything all over again?

Quick Reply: My Interior.