Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My track/street evo IX build thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
25th January 2010

Small update:

I sold my old head unit to a mate last month since I couldnt hear the radio anyway, so i removed the front speakers and tweeters as well as some other crap i don't need inside the door trims...

Name:  IMG_6203.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  58.2 KB

Ordered some Work Emotion centre caps, bloody rip off for what they are if you ask me but they look a lot better than having nothing there...

Name:  IMG_6204.jpg
Size:  44.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6231.jpg
Size:  71.7 KB

Dropped the car in to Nick's last week for a service and some new plugs before the next track day @ Lakeside on the 31st. Also got him to install my battery cut-off switch and to re-locate the battery to the back...

External pull

Name:  IMG_6210.jpg
Size:  41.3 KB

Inside

Name:  IMG_6213.jpg
Size:  68.9 KB

Ignore the ***** gear knob, just muckin round

Name:  IMG_6215.jpg
Size:  70.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6222.jpg
Size:  108.1 KB

He put the battery behind the drivers seat as I'll be getting him to put a water spray tank setup behind the passenger seat when he isn't so busy.

Name:  IMG_6217.jpg
Size:  65.9 KB

The drive home from Nick's was bloody fun, I'd hardly driven the car in the last few weeks so I gave it a bit of a flogging and she loved it. It blows me away how good it is an overall package. This will probably how it sits for a few months at least now as I will be turning my attention to something that goes a little more sideways than this for a while
Old Jan 30, 2010, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

31st January 2010

I LOVE this car ... no wait i F#$%n LOVE this car!

It was the first track day of the year today @ Lakeside Raceway. None of my usual pit crew felt like coming out with me so I loaded up my Jerry cans and a few tools in the boot of the Evo and headed out. Normally I would have the Rota's with street tyres on for the drive and do a swap to the semi's at the track but since they were still on my mate's S15 I just went with the semi's already on the car.

That meant all I had to do when I got to the track was drop the tyre pressures down a bit and off I went. Talk about easy. I think I might just have to do it every time from now on.

This was my first time back to Lakeside since the crash so I was feeling pretty nervous all week, the fact it was raining at the track only made matters worse.

The first session I was very cautious and let everyone else past me, half way through the rain really started coming down and I was even aqua-planeing in some spots on the straights

Thnkfully though, as the day went on the track got drier and by the 3rd session I was running 63's - only a couple of seconds off my PB.

By the 5th session the track was just damp rather than wet and I was back down to my best of 61's - I even did 4 laps in a row within 4 one hundredths of each other.

I finished the day with the equal fastest lap - a 1:01.39. In the 5 sessions I only used 3/4 of a tank of fuel and as soon as the day was over I chucked everything back in the boot and headed home. No mucking around with tyres or trailers or anything. I even passed a Police car looking out for people doing skids in a local Industrial estate and he didn't bat an eyelid at me.

Did I mention I love this car?

Pics and hopefully a video to come from the day.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
you car is absolutely bad a$s.. i just flipped threw every page, and love what you have done with it all..
Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Veryyyy nice built! love the timeline!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks very much, appreciate the feedback.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Just read this whole thread! lol! very entertaining bro. Nice build.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

21st February 2010

I've never done a hill climb before so I went out to the Mt Cotton Hill Climb this morning for a beginners training session. I have never even been there to spectate before so I didn't really know what to expect. All I had ever heard about it was that there wasn't much of a margin for error due to all the trees lining the track.

It was raining for the first hour or two so I only got 2 decent dry runs in before calling it quits but they were bloody good fun. Only one of them was timed - a 50.15 - respectable enough on the day but also a long way off what the car is capable of, not to mention the record of 42 something seconds.

Thanks to whoever took these pics:

Name:  mt_cotton_hillclimb_february_2010_1.jpg
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  mt_cotton_hillclimb_february_201-2.jpg
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  mt_cotton_hillclimb_february_201-4.jpg
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  mt_cotton_hillclimb_february_201-5.jpg
Size:  27.9 KB
Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:52 PM

great build...alot of quality parts
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Looks awesome.. Good to see people on the forums other then the live at home with the parents Evo owners.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 03:30 AM
Evolving Member

A couple more pics from the Hill Climb thanks to Cammy...

Name:  4cce04ac.jpg
Size:  56.5 KB

Name:  3bf87670.jpg
Size:  91.2 KB
Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:35 AM
Evolving Member

14th March 2010

Another fun day @ Lakeside again today. It was wet when I got there but not raining thankfully so I managed to set another PB. Only half a second faster (60.69) but my top speed is 11k's faster at the end of the straight now so I just need to have a good look at the lap data and find out where I'm losing that extra speed. Keen as to break the minute barrier.

For some reasone I dragged myself out of bed way too early and was the first one there so I snapped a couple pics on my little sony to pass the time. I still really suck at photography though

Name:  LS1.jpg
Size:  147.0 KB

I also finally managed to get my video camera and GoPro working on the same day so I got a bit of footage from different angles with the idea of hashing them all together at some stage to make a half decent vid. In the meantime though here is a few laps of in-car...

YouTube Link

and a couple of little one's from outside the car...

YouTube link 2

YouTube link 3

Hopefully I'll find the time/patience to put somthing together with all my footage from the day soon.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

This thread makes for a good read
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:22 AM

Every second was worth spending on this thread.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

DAMN just read/ looked at the entire thread a good 9 pages of SEX lol.. nice setup you got going on this build man.. i can tell your just getting started... did u remove the rear crash beam thats behind the rear bumper? also u should maybe look into a polished radiator upper pipe just to finish up that black/oem area you got going on

**how much was the ARC front emblem? its sick!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

also what did u drive as a daily driver before the x6? and the misses?? just curious seems like everything you do impresses me lol

Quick Reply: My track/street evo IX build thread