Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

BAYSONR JDM rear bumper is a no go

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nothing wrong with tryin to save some money, is there??

The baysonR rear I have seen, fit great. Thats why I am getting one. Plus I paint and can do any work needed to make it fit, so even if I have to put some work into it, I am saving some money!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing wrong with that, to each his own
Old Nov 6, 2009, 06:48 PM

Trying to be cheap? Look I was trying to save some because buying a painted OEM one didn't make much sense to me since I have to resand it down and I couldn't find a OEM unpainted. BaysonR also seemed to have a good reputation around here.

Guess I just didn't do my research enough. I already dropped the bumped off but i'll be sure to have the body shop guy take some good pics.

Last edited by Sixth_Vang; Nov 6, 2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I've had mine from Baysonr for the last 3 years and everything is great. Fitment was perfect.

All parts that are going to be painted need to be prepped whether it OEM or aftermarket. Even OEM part come with scratches and blemishes

Also it shouldn't cost you any extra at the body shop. All poly bumpers(OEM, aftermarket) are flimsy especially rear bumper and are all prepped and painted the same way. I worked at a body shop. I did my bumper.

Last edited by evoix10; Nov 6, 2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

To each his own. Cheap *** people will take over the market creating a demand for lower grade parts. So props to you just makes me feel better about my car..
Old Nov 7, 2009, 05:45 AM

Its acutally the opposite Gary, once hes done with the bumper he will feel better about his car knowing he spent a quarter of what you did to get the same results.....its not being cheap its being smart. Now If you wanna spend $800 to get a "JDM" bumper, props to you.....on the other hand I believe never to cheap out on Performance Parts, thats a different story.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Like I just said on the other Baysonr thread...the bumper has all the part numbers and markings from mitsubishi molded into it. They must have gotten a hold of an old mold?

Gary: I believe the Baysonr bumper's quality is similar to the OEM one. The big difference is the Baysonr ones come a little dirty and greasy and VERY minimal extra sanding required.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So much douchbagery going on around this site it's pathetic.

If you can make it work and save money eff what others say. It's YOUR money and YOUR car. Some people just get pissed b/c your bumper will look just like his and you spent half the money he did and no one will notice how rich he is.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 600RR
So much douchbagery going on around this site it's pathetic.

If you can make it work and save money eff what others say. It's YOUR money and YOUR car. Some people just get pissed b/c your bumper will look just like his and you spent half the money he did and no one will notice how rich he is.
does your statement apply to rotas as well?
Old Nov 7, 2009, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gary 805
gotta love the storys when people try to save money and be cheap and in return get bit in the ***..

Do it right the first time or not at all.

rue that....theres corners to be cut....just choose them wisely luke skywalker
Old Nov 7, 2009, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

im just saying when you paid ahlf the cost then get mad when the product is not up to par going on a rage on the forum looking for nut swinging support for your half *** part buying spree expect to get this.

You pay half the amount then pay twice to get it fixed. = real part the first time.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for the amount of money your going to pay extra, you shoulda bought the OEM one

The bitterness of cheap quality lingers long after the sweetness of a bargain is gone.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 08:31 AM

Good to know this site isn't full of a-holes, the primary reason why I left the 350z forums.

Anyhow, the car is receiving a $5k GT-R pearl white paint job, it was Blue By You, so it didn't make sense to buy a already painted Weightless White or Wicked White bumper.

I understand that aftermarket bumpers have to be sanded down and prepped some but that floating box in there threw in some minor dents. Just looking out for other members.

Hopefully, fitment will not be an issue as some of you have stated.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Yakshii
for the amount of money your going to pay extra, you shoulda bought the OEM one

The bitterness of cheap quality lingers long after the sweetness of a bargain is gone.
Pics will speak when all is done. My first post was just in regards to the **** poor packaging. The whole bumper is going to get reinforced so it should be fine.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sixth_Vang
Good to know this site isn't full of a-holes, the primary reason why I left the 350z forums.

Anyhow, the car is receiving a $5k GT-R pearl white paint job, it was Blue By You, so it didn't make sense to buy a already painted Weightless White or Wicked White bumper.

I understand that aftermarket bumpers have to be sanded down and prepped some but that floating box in there threw in some minor dents. Just looking out for other members.

Hopefully, fitment will not be an issue as some of you have stated.

Dude 5k paint job? Woooptie Doo!

Pear white is pearl white. Your going to run around telling people its GTR white. Why not get replica paint? Maybe for half the cost?

Quick Reply: BAYSONR JDM rear bumper is a no go