Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

honey's 6765 forward facing build thread..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those CCW's look sick your modding real quick i guess you cant stand having a stock car either lol gl with it
Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I think she's not going to appreciate the car dropping all that money for mods so quick. Changing the turbo already? At first I was like cool she's doing some nice mods, now it's like a quest to completely transform the car. This car will not last long. For sale sign soon...
Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

to each their own. She is doing a damn good job on the car so far. It looks awesome and should perform as well as it looks. Keep up the good work.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
i don't see the point of modding at all, let alone so extensively before you ever even learn to drive the car stock.
2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR MODS: Ralliart CF lip, Black painted roof/vg, JDM EVO IX rear, Black UK trunk badge, Spark Tech COP, K&N drop in filter, HKS Carbon Ti exhaust, Buddy Club Racing Spec Coilovers, Stoptech Slotted rotors, ACT HDSS, ACT Streetlite Flywheel, Ingalls Stiffy engine tq damper, HKS Type-1 TT, Hawk HPS pads, tinted windows, honda element antenna

nuf said
Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wickedwhite8
to each their own. She is doing a damn good job on the car so far. It looks awesome and should perform as well as it looks. Keep up the good work.
She is doing a great job, nice mods. However, she's moving too fast and will not really appreciate the car. There are many people on the boards that could blow alot of money on their evo just as quick, however, you will not appreciate it in the same way as doing it gradually over time.

Having sex with a girl on the first date. Chances are she may not end up being your wife. Having a baby aww how cute, and literally a month later the baby is an adult. You don't experience anything in either example.

Just a thought. And yes, to each their own.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tundeclips
2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR MODS: Ralliart CF lip, Black painted roof/vg, JDM EVO IX rear, Black UK trunk badge, Spark Tech COP, K&N drop in filter, HKS Carbon Ti exhaust, Buddy Club Racing Spec Coilovers, Stoptech Slotted rotors, ACT HDSS, ACT Streetlite Flywheel, Ingalls Stiffy engine tq damper, HKS Type-1 TT, Hawk HPS pads, tinted windows, honda element antenna

nuf said
you left out the part where he has been to the track and has driven 146k miles...

Also I believe he wasn't being a hypocrite by saying "point of modding" when he has mods himself. He was saying point of her modding before driving the car stock for a good amount of time.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

damn is all i can say
Old Jan 20, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

I agree the turbo is coming a little soon but I don't see a problem with upgrading it. I had fun with my IX turbo and I wish I would have gotten the 35r much sooner.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

i don't see the point of modding at all, let alone so extensively before you ever even learn to drive the car stock.
you don't see the point in modding the car AT ALL? that's a pretty silly statement don't you think? The car is still STOCK.. i'm still collecting parts. Do you think this is the first modded car i've ever driven?

Originally Posted by Evoryder
I think she's not going to appreciate the car dropping all that money for mods so quick. Changing the turbo already? At first I was like cool she's doing some nice mods, now it's like a quest to completely transform the car. This car will not last long. For sale sign soon...
Originally Posted by Evoryder
She is doing a great job, nice mods. However, she's moving too fast and will not really appreciate the car. There are many people on the boards that could blow alot of money on their evo just as quick, however, you will not appreciate it in the same way as doing it gradually over time.

Having sex with a girl on the first date. Chances are she may not end up being your wife. Having a baby aww how cute, and literally a month later the baby is an adult. You don't experience anything in either example.

Just a thought. And yes, to each their own.
I didn't know Ms. Cleo was on evom...I like how you can predict MY future.

Yes I am about to purchase a turbo soon and No it won't be going on overnight. There are still many other things that I need before i change the setup.. I still haven't even modded the stock ecu yet (that will be done soon)

And trust me I have appreciated every car that I have ever modded and things aren't going to change with this one. I know how it is to save up for parts and it take years to get somewhere with a car. Just because I was fortunate enough to get things quickly this time doesn't mean I won't appreciate my car.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

lol at some of the tool bags that have commented recently. I legitimately laughed out loud when I read evoryder's comment as well as ODUB's. It's looking good honey...I will post up some pics when it stops raining here of my blacked out lm's that I just installed. Our evo's look almost identical.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BenJ
lol at some of the tool bags that have commented recently. I legitimately laughed out loud when I read evoryder's comment as well as ODUB's. It's looking good honey...I will post up some pics when it stops raining here of my blacked out lm's that I just installed. Our evo's look almost identical.
Thanks.. I can't wait to see it! I'm still waiting for that cross country trip to swap wheels :P
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

haha...very well.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:31 PM

Wow, you went on a rampage the minute you bought your Evo! Awesome selection of parts
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by honey on boost
you don't see the point in modding the car AT ALL? that's a pretty silly statement don't you think? The car is still STOCK.. i'm still collecting parts. Do you think this is the first modded car i've ever driven?
reading comprehension is a ***** i see. i don't see the point of modding before you learn how to drive the car stock. if you don't know what the car can do stock, how do you know you're making the car better when you start changing things? also, the car's limits are a lot higher than yours already. you shouldn't raise those limits until you get somewhere close to them, or exceed them. unless you're just building a show car, then it doesn't matter.

to the guy posting my mods, i learned the drive the car first. raced it stock for a while, then lightly modded it. i can drive the thing to just about it's limits now, and have been able to for some time now, just not big on modding. like the other guy said, i've put 146,000 miles on the car. i'd say i know that car as well or better than just about anyone else driving an EVO IX MR out there.

to each his/her own, but i stick by my first statement. learn to drive it before you change it, otherwise you might actually be making it worse, and never know.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reading comprehension is a ***** i see. i don't see the point of modding before you learn how to drive the car stock. if you don't know what the car can do stock, how do you know you're making the car better when you start changing things? also, the car's limits are a lot higher than yours already. you shouldn't raise those limits until you get somewhere close to them, or exceed them. unless you're just building a show car, then it doesn't matter.

to the guy posting my mods, i learned the drive the car first. raced it stock for a while, then lightly modded it. i can drive the thing to just about it's limits now, and have been able to for some time now, just not big on modding. like the other guy said, i've put 146,000 miles on the car. i'd say i know that car as well or better than just about anyone else driving an EVO IX MR out there.

to each his/her own, but i stick by my first statement. learn to drive it before you change it, otherwise you might actually be making it worse, and never know.
1 how do you know this is her first evo
2. how do you know she hasnt been reading about the evo for years on how to make it better..
3 how do you know that she doesnt have someone coaching her with her mods on what to get for it to increase the performance....

and finally i havent really seen one mod thats gonna decrease the performance of the car...............have you....
didnt think so so what is the point of posting?
i think somone is jealous

Quick Reply: honey's 6765 forward facing build thread..