Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

honey's 6765 forward facing build thread..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
reading comprehension is a ***** i see. i don't see the point of modding before you learn how to drive the car stock. if you don't know what the car can do stock, how do you know you're making the car better when you start changing things? also, the car's limits are a lot higher than yours already. you shouldn't raise those limits until you get somewhere close to them, or exceed them. unless you're just building a show car, then it doesn't matter.

to the guy posting my mods, i learned the drive the car first. raced it stock for a while, then lightly modded it. i can drive the thing to just about it's limits now, and have been able to for some time now, just not big on modding. like the other guy said, i've put 146,000 miles on the car. i'd say i know that car as well or better than just about anyone else driving an EVO IX MR out there.

to each his/her own, but i stick by my first statement. learn to drive it before you change it, otherwise you might actually be making it worse, and never know.
lol,she didnt ask for your input...if she wants to drive it modded and she can afford it then good for her...its funny to me that you spent serious coin on a cop you didnt need yet critique her choosing to mod her car....poor girl is a hater magnet,every arrogant ***** on the forums wants to tell her she is doing it all wrong...

EDIT..btw the 1.86 sixty foot in your sig isnt very impressive so id say you need to keep learning haha

Last edited by reactionevo8; Jan 21, 2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Goch
This chick is ballin.
Amen
Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:21 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BenJ
lol at some of the tool bags that have commented recently. I legitimately laughed out loud when I read evoryder's comment as well as ODUB's. It's looking good honey...I will post up some pics when it stops raining here of my blacked out lm's that I just installed. Our evo's look almost identical.
Seriously.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Good looking car... I didn't think I would like those wheels on your car, but they actually look pretty good.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:29 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lords3t
Your car is riding like caca on Ohlins? I ask cause I'm researching an Ohlin/KWv3 setup right now.

Thanks.
Both are nice setups, but my opinion is the Ohlins are much better. Really depends on your budget, and what you plan to use the car for. Ohlins for a dd isn't worth it.

When are the new coilover coming Christ? I've gotten the Ohlins all cleaned up, and swapped the springs front to rear, so I will be riding 9k front and 11k rears. I'll be running some test swapping to the 10k/12k.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
1 how do you know this is her first evo
2. how do you know she hasnt been reading about the evo for years on how to make it better..
3 how do you know that she doesnt have someone coaching her with her mods on what to get for it to increase the performance....

and finally i havent really seen one mod thats gonna decrease the performance of the car...............have you....
didnt think so so what is the point of posting?
i think somone is jealous
lol they know everything because they are a part of the psychic network silly!

I find it quite entertaining how they can predict that I am going to sell my car soon and that I don't know how to drive it.. I can't help but to just sit back and laugh every time I read this type of non sense. Either way it's MY car and I will do with it as I please. I have done my research and I have plenty of friends who have a **** load of experience in modding cars to lead me in the right direction if i happen to go astray.
Originally Posted by reactionevo8
lol,she didnt ask for your input...if she wants to drive it modded and she can afford it then good for her...its funny to me that you spent serious coin on a cop you didnt need yet critique her choosing to mod her car....poor girl is a hater magnet,every arrogant ***** on the forums wants to tell her she is doing it all wrong...

EDIT..btw the 1.86 sixty foot in your sig isnt very impressive so id say you need to keep learning haha

Originally Posted by chu
Both are nice setups, but my opinion is the Ohlins are much better. Really depends on your budget, and what you plan to use the car for. Ohlins for a dd isn't worth it.

When are the new coilover coming Christ? I've gotten the Ohlins all cleaned up, and swapped the springs front to rear, so I will be riding 9k front and 11k rears. I'll be running some test swapping to the 10k/12k.
haha they were pretty grimey.. I started to wipe them down but then I ran out of time and I wanted to just get them out before I missed the ups man! Let me know how you like them. I'll be running 10k/10k hopefully they will be here by the end of this week but i doubt it

Last edited by honey on boost; Jan 21, 2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

You mentioned you haven't flashed the ECU yet. I just had JESTR work on mine and he is amazing. I think he was just in your area last weekend. Just a suggestion if you haven't selected a tuner yet.

Did you say what turbo you are getting? Also I am dying to know what suspension is on the way!

BTW I think your car makes a lot of the guys here jealous even if they don't want to admit it.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TommyGunMR
You mentioned you haven't flashed the ECU yet. I just had JESTR work on mine and he is amazing. I think he was just in your area last weekend. Just a suggestion if you haven't selected a tuner yet.

Did you say what turbo you are getting? Also I am dying to know what suspension is on the way!

BTW I think your car makes a lot of the guys here jealous even if they don't want to admit it.
lol.. My bf is a tuner and he's gonna flash the ECU I got the cable a couple of weeks ago from Cwill but he's been so busy with his truck he hasn't had time.. Maybe this weekend if i'm lucky!

The turbo won't be anything crazy afterall it is a daily driver :P
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Here is the problem:

Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

with a side of
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:36 AM

Anything new with the car? pics?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lol ms Cleo...
...good luck on your quick build. I hope you keep it awhile and appreciate it. Ms Cleo lol that was cute.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
all i have to say, a quick way to make others STFU is to make yours better than theirs... in my opinion (just a random up here in canada) your car is already better than all the H8R's on this site. For someone to kaka on others decisions and hard eared money that has been dumped on this car is stupid. Just sayin, if you don't like something, shut your mouth because chances are she loves the car and i guarentee ALL of her friends (harry dude in prev. picture ) likes the car and it stands out, and thats all that she is trying for. Just sayin, stop hatin because you think you are evo god (haters).
Old Jan 21, 2010, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

god too much drama... kitty i rescind that puertorican comment hahahahaha
Old Jan 22, 2010, 01:31 AM

Forget those haters your car is gorgeous do what you want it's your car and money. I get the same **** bc i'm a younger guy. I've learned you appreciate your car when you spend precious amounts of time and money on it You try not and break things as much. And it seems like you have done your research. Any who are you going to that meet in Jacksonville I would love to see your car out that way. And were those rims expensive and are there any black one's with a polished lip

Quick Reply: honey's 6765 forward facing build thread..