Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

honey's 6765 forward facing build thread..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
1 how do you know this is her first evo
2. how do you know she hasnt been reading about the evo for years on how to make it better..
3 how do you know that she doesnt have someone coaching her with her mods on what to get for it to increase the performance....

and finally i havent really seen one mod thats gonna decrease the performance of the car...............have you....
didnt think so so what is the point of posting?
i think somone is jealous
I'm not hating. I simply don't see the point of modifying a car before learning what it can do stock. Especially a car like the EVO whose limits are already a lot higher than those of just about all it's drivers. if the car's limits are higher than yours, there's no reason to raise them. Also, the car is setup so well from the factory, modifying it could make it worse. All the parts in the world mean nothing if they aren't setup right, and if the driver doesn't know how to use them.

if you don't have a baseline, how do you know if what you're doing is actually improving the car?

Originally Posted by reactionevo8
lol,she didnt ask for your input...if she wants to drive it modded and she can afford it then good for her...its funny to me that you spent serious coin on a cop you didnt need yet critique her choosing to mod her car....poor girl is a hater magnet,every arrogant ***** on the forums wants to tell her she is doing it all wrong...

EDIT..btw the 1.86 sixty foot in your sig isnt very impressive so id say you need to keep learning haha
The reason i got the COP was because my stock coils were going bad, and the COP system was barely more expensive than the stock units, but a lot better for the car. That was something the car needed, and it doesn't change the characteristics of the car drastically if at all. the mods she's doing will turn this car into a completely different animal when she never knew the original animal in the first place.

i'm not hating. i just don't see the point, that's all. i think her car will be totally badass when she's done with it. i just hope she makes use of all the stuff she's doing.

as for my driving, that 60' time sucked because I was on overinflated tires, cold track, and no way around the water box. still managed to pull a 12.82 @ 107.41mph in basically a bone stock EVO. I'd say I did a pretty good job. What time did you run stock?

also, i think the stack of 1st place autocross, and road course event trophies in my room say my driving is just fine

to the OP, sorry if you misunderstood my comments and took them as hate. i meant no disrespect. good luck with the build. just make sure you don't let all those parts go to waste. drive it like you stole it.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was searching through orlando forums and I think I saw your old hatch for sale. Looks like he got in a minor accident and is selling or sold it...I didn't see any Hello Kitty stuff on it though lol.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

car is coming along great! i'm sad i didn't spot it when i was in miami for my cruise . i did see a few supras rolling around though. and damn was it cold when i was down there!
Old Jan 23, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
I'm not hating. I simply don't see the point of modifying a car before learning what it can do stock. Especially a car like the EVO whose limits are already a lot higher than those of just about all it's drivers. if the car's limits are higher than yours, there's no reason to raise them. Also, the car is setup so well from the factory, modifying it could make it worse. All the parts in the world mean nothing if they aren't setup right, and if the driver doesn't know how to use them.

The reason i got the COP was because my stock coils were going bad, and the COP system was barely more expensive than the stock units, but a lot better for the car. That was something the car needed, and it doesn't change the characteristics of the car drastically if at all. the mods she's doing will turn this car into a completely different animal when she never knew the original animal in the first place.

to the OP, sorry if you misunderstood my comments and took them as hate. i meant no disrespect. good luck with the build. just make sure you don't let all those parts go to waste. drive it like you stole it.
No need to apologize like I said before this is not the first "modified" car that I've owned. And if you think a stock evo is "a lot higher than those of just about all it's drivers" you need to get out more..

With that said.. I have this under control.

Originally Posted by TommyGunMR
Was searching through orlando forums and I think I saw your old hatch for sale. Looks like he got in a minor accident and is selling or sold it...I didn't see any Hello Kitty stuff on it though lol.
lol yea I took all the hello kitty stuff off the car other than the oil cap. The guy who bought it is on here too he has a GG evo his name is Jimmy. Some retarded girl hit him the 2nd day he had it It has a new owner now..

Originally Posted by BoostKid87
car is coming along great! i'm sad i didn't spot it when i was in miami for my cruise . i did see a few supras rolling around though. and damn was it cold when i was down there!
lol yea it got pretty cold a couple of weeks ago but now we are back to normal with lots of humidity, heat and RAIN!
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by honey on boost
No need to apologize like I said before this is not the first "modified" car that I've owned. And if you think a stock evo is "a lot higher than those of just about all it's drivers" you need to get out more..

With that said.. I have this under control.

i'm not talking about daily driving. anyone can drive this thing on the street. i'm talking about racing the car at your limits on a track. i seriously doubt you can come anywhere close to that car's full potential after owning it for a few weeks. anyone who says they can is delusional, and need an ego check.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude who says shes gonna race it.. i dont track my car.. if anything it will see a drag strip once or twice a year..
just because u do certian things with you car doesnt mean everyone else does the same....
to each their own...
its pretty anoiying and pathetic IMO that ur on somones thread ARGUING ABOUT MODDING THEIR CAR! its her car.. if you dont like it DONT READ IT!
ur no poineer ur an average joe shmoe just like the rest of us.. so who are u to act like that! oh y would u do this y would u do that.. u dont know the limits.. WHO CARES!!!
ITS HER CAR ENOUGH ALREADY!

Last edited by 4g63smokinall4s; Jan 23, 2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 05:08 PM

i'm not talking about daily driving. anyone can drive this thing on the street. i'm talking about racing the car at your limits on a track. i seriously doubt you can come anywhere close to that car's full potential after owning it for a few weeks. anyone who says they can is delusional, and need an ego check.
Hey bro i doubt that thing is going on a time attack track. Seems like you just wish you had her money to do what she is doing or you wish you had it at one time.

Last edited by evo_de_El; Jan 23, 2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

hahaha this thread is crazy... who cares if its a chick... if this thread was made by a guy or the op posted her pic and was ugly ; it wouldn't even be at 5 pages... seriously... wtF?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
dude who says shes gonna race it.. i dont track my car.. if anything it will see a drag strip once or twice a year..
just because u do certian things with you car doesnt mean everyone else does the same....
to each their own...
its pretty anoiying and pathetic IMO that ur on somones thread ARGUING ABOUT MODDING THEIR CAR! its her car.. if you dont like it DONT READ IT!
ur no poineer ur an average joe shmoe just like the rest of us.. so who are u to act like that! oh y would u do this y would u do that.. u dont know the limits.. WHO CARES!!!
ITS HER CAR ENOUGH ALREADY!
that's the part I don't get. what's the point of modding it so heavily if you're not even going to use it? you don't need a fully built suspension, and motor to go to the movies lol

it's pathetic how I can't ask the OP a question about why she's modding the way she is without all the leg humpers getting offended and trying to attack me.

i just don't get the point of owning a car like the EVO and NOT taking it to the track. why didn't you just buy a civic?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

I have been reading this thread for a bit now and I keep seeing you post your opinion rather than a question. It's pretty obvious, she's addressed her answer the way she sees fit. If you can't read between the lines and keep asking the same questions, then it becomes more annoying, than a sincere question. You are a die hard enthusiast. That's great, but again, that's your opinion on the matter. A leg humper... Now that's pretty funny, but to say guys (no bearing on sex) are on here, seems pretty ridiculous.

To be quite honest, the real reason I wanted to comment was due to your statement:
"I just don't get the point of owning a car like the EVO and NOT taking it to the track. why didn't you just buy a civic?"

why doesn't 99% of the auto owning population go buy a civic, because they don't have to that's why.. I mean seriously dude. That's like saying a anyone who doesn't take their Z1, Viper, Lambo, Ferrari, Exige, C2 or any other supercar to the track, they should just drive a civic... That's where your personal opinions truly shine through. How bout we let a fellow enthusiast have her fun and be happy for her.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

This thread is HILARIOUS!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

i just don't get the point of owning a car like the EVO and NOT taking it to the track. why didn't you just buy a civic?
So our reason has to match to your "ideal" reason for purchasing a particular type of vehicle? What's your number so you can approve my next vehicle purchase. Unless you are paying for my next car, who are you to judge one on how they use their car let alone what type to buy.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
everyone should just ignore ODUB..he is the kinda jackass that will just keep it going till the op's thread is 40 pages of bull****...no point in trying to argue with someone as ignorant as him...
Old Jan 24, 2010, 02:29 AM
Evolved Member

that's the part I don't get. what's the point of modding it so heavily if you're not even going to use it? you don't need a fully built suspension, and motor to go to the movies lol

it's pathetic how I can't ask the OP a question about why she's modding the way she is without all the leg humpers getting offended and trying to attack me.

ill do one better also.... for such a die hard enthusiast you have had your car for 146 thousand miles!!!
and your only running a 12.8?! with a 1.86 60ft?!?
maybe you should check your modding and ask y u got a stock intercooler to replace your stock intercooler after you got in the accident.. dont get it who that is modding their car would do that..
oh wait cause thats your preference right? thats what u wanted to do right? ok enough said..
so who are u to question others mods.. not all people build cars to race them.. not all people buy coilovers and bad *** rims to go and track the car... people dont have the same preferences so ridiculing one for not OWNING THE CAR LONG ENOUGH TO MOD IT!!!! is just utterly ridiculous!!
you my friend need to check yourself and think before you post things.. its pretty obvious your young cause u think you know all.. just respect others and what they want to do WITH THEIR THINGS...
nobody is leg humping anyone people are just pointing out ur jealousy and imaturity... i appreciatte what people do male or female... learn to do the same.. stop hatin.. this is retarded im done
Honey keep up the good work.. we enjoy it minus a few!

Last edited by 4g63smokinall4s; Jan 24, 2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

On the way to the dealer to trade for a civic now since mine will never see the track

Quick Reply: honey's 6765 forward facing build thread..