Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

honey's 6765 forward facing build thread..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by honey on boost
The bf could have easily fabricated a downpipe for me but for the price it's not even worth it. It's only a downpipe getting something "name brand" really isn't going to make a difference.

u own a TC so I'll take this as a compliment

hahahahaha this thread was worth it because of this line
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Great mods, Great car, I rock megan products all day and i even like the home depot lip but for the love of god those are some ugly rims sorry i couldnt say it any nicer but dang..
Old Mar 31, 2010, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Skott2k
Great mods, Great car, I rock megan products all day and i even like the home depot lip but for the love of god those are some ugly rims sorry i couldnt say it any nicer but dang..
i have no idea how people think they are ugly, i bet you think the stock rims look nice
Old Mar 31, 2010, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

as a matter of fact i do like stock bbs but there are much better choices for much less but thats just a personal opinion.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

i regret the day i sold my ccw's, now i have to look at the bbs mr that are stuffed in their like poo
Old Mar 31, 2010, 02:57 PM

Damn i love CCWs! nice build
Old Mar 31, 2010, 07:00 PM
AMF

Nice mods. Keep us posted with new toys!

ADD this to your collection.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Grocery stores sell "no name" brand. Does that mean that the juice in the no name brand box has less of a taste than the juicein a box that says McCain on it?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AMF
Nice mods. Keep us posted with new toys!

ADD this to your collection.
lol if I ever came home with this my bf would kick me out
Old Apr 1, 2010, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

read this thread from start to finish, nice to see a girl can hold her own on this site... AND keepin the hater's at bay AND building a fresh, clean evo...

...my .02 even though it's my opinion
- the twin wastegates really had me wanting to skip pages to see what you did with them
- you went from ohlins suspension to BC ....so im assuming that this car wont see as much track time as i originally expected?
-the TC owner line sealed the deal

very nice build, subscribed and good luck
Old Apr 1, 2010, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
People been knocking of AMS intercoolers for years.. You get what you pay for.. I have news for you though.. Only so many ways to make a stock location downpipe.. it is what it is.. 165.00 piece that doesnt crack and is 3" what more would you need?? I wouldnt pay 300 more for it to say SPOON on it..

Mike
are DP's really only 165 bucks? lol do you have them for ACD equipped cars as well?

to stay on topic, still hate the home depot lip and the wheels, but I've realized that you're just building a show car, so the hate for you modifying it far beyond your capabilities as a driver has faded.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chabada15
read this thread from start to finish, nice to see a girl can hold her own on this site... AND keepin the hater's at bay AND building a fresh, clean evo...

...my .02 even though it's my opinion
- the twin wastegates really had me wanting to skip pages to see what you did with them
- you went from ohlins suspension to BC ....so im assuming that this car wont see as much track time as i originally expected?
-the TC owner line sealed the deal

very nice build, subscribed and good luck
Yea I was going to go with a forward facing mani, 6262 etc... But plans changed and I had to be a bit more realistic. This is my daily driver and I don't have another car so downtime would have eventually been an issue.

The ohlins were great at stock height but you could not adjust them like you can the BC's due to the model that I had. The BC's are not bad at all.. and I don't have to deal with the car bottoming out anymore.. This is def not going to be a track car but that doesn't mean that I won't have fun @ the track once in a while..

Originally Posted by ODUB
are DP's really only 165 bucks? lol do you have them for ACD equipped cars as well?

to stay on topic, still hate the home depot lip and the wheels, but I've realized that you're just building a show car, so the hate for you modifying it far beyond your capabilities as a driver has faded.
yes it was 165 and equipped for ACD.

I'm glad you finally realized that the hate was seeping from your pores. But I never said I was building a track car or a show car. I'm building a daily driver to MY liking so that I can terrorize the streets with when I'm in the mood to do so..
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Yea I was going to go with a forward facing mani, 6262 etc... But plans changed and I had to be a bit more realistic. This is my daily driver and I don't have another car so downtime would have eventually been an issue.

The ohlins were great at stock height but you could not adjust them like you can the BC's due to the model that I had. The BC's are not bad at all.. and I don't have to deal with the car bottoming out anymore.. This is def not going to be a track car but that doesn't mean that I won't have fun @ the track once in a while..

yes it was 165 and equipped for ACD.

I'm glad you finally realized that the hate was seeping from your pores. But I never said I was building a track car or a show car. I'm building a daily driver to MY liking so that I can terrorize the streets with when I'm in the mood to do so..

i never denied being a hater, but i was also just asking the question that if you're NOT going to use all the power/suspension upgrades, then why bother? you don't need 500hp to go grocery shopping. you can't fully use 500hp, or even the car's stock handling capabilities to their fullest on the street. even on some tracks you can't reach it's limits so to build a street car with that much crap makes no sense to me. just seems like a waste, but since you are doing all these upgrades with no plans to ever use them, then it's all for show. that makes it make sense. I personally couldn't do it, but whatever floats your boat.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
i never denied being a hater, but i was also just asking the question that if you're NOT going to use all the power/suspension upgrades, then why bother? you don't need 500hp to go grocery shopping. you can't fully use 500hp, or even the car's stock handling capabilities to their fullest on the street. even on some tracks you can't reach it's limits so to build a street car with that much crap makes no sense to me. just seems like a waste, but since you are doing all these upgrades with no plans to ever use them, then it's all for show. that makes it make sense. I personally couldn't do it, but whatever floats your boat.
you can't use 500+hp on the street?

Come to south florida these are all 700+ street cars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tryku...layer_embedded

to each his own..
Old Apr 1, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

you can't use 500+hp on the street?

Come to south florida these are all 700+ street cars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tryku...layer_embedded

to each his own..

that was a pointless post because those cars are also taken to the track. they build them for track use, but drive them on the street. hell, one of the pics you posted looks like it was taken at a track lol

now it seems like you're just trying to start a fight. i didn't hate on your car. good luck with building a car with a bunch of nice parts and power for show.

and no, you can't safely or legally use all 500hp on the street. there's a huge difference between HAVING 500hp, and USING 500hp. care to argue with that?

Last edited by ODUB; Apr 1, 2010 at 01:22 PM.

Quick Reply: honey's 6765 forward facing build thread..