Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Quick VOLTEX Fender Question I can't escape this GAP!...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010 | 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Quick VOLTEX Fender Question I can't escape this GAP!...

I recently Purchased from DriveLine motoring.
VL.EOF.2 Voltex Front Wide Fenders 20mm [Evolution VIII/ IX]

I'm not able to figure out how to get away from the gap between the fender and the door.. I'm sure everyone know's what I'm talking about.. I mean my mechanics have been going back and fourth with it forever taking it off putting it back on and so fourth.. I have tried getting a hold of drive line and they are suppose to be getting back to me shortly with some answers to my questions... But as of right now.. I'm looking for the help of YOU people, to guide me in the right direction because I have seen some Evo's with the gaps.. and many without.. I just want to figure out a way to make it look correct because for $1,000.00 for Top of the Line Fenders..I'm sure we all would want it to look right...I was told that for the setup Drive line hooked me up with... It would look and go great.. Which is a APR Gt Front Bumper and Advan RS 18x9 GTR Face Rims. So let the games begin. I have a cast on right now just got done with surgery... So excuse my typing.. It's hard enough as it is.. had metal removed plates and screws.. from an Auto Accident I was in.. So my mechanics are doing all the work and great work @ that on everything else just having trouble with these fenders lol... I just Want to figure out what the "Right" correct way is and making it look flush and going with the lines of the car some what.. and I was told the setup would look excellent by Driveline and Popular Aggressive Setup with everything but it would all mesh well and nothing would look out of place. So please if you could share some advice. So I can relay it back!
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

That is a picture of the Fenders I found on the Internet the exact one's. I checked by model Number! and yes.. I see the gap but I have seen them without it.. and was told I wouldn't have that problem with these..
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Wait...you do realize that on the car above they cut that gap open to vent the air. When they come new, the vent is not cut open for you, if you want it you have to do it yourself, otherwise the street versions should have that part blocked off with fiberglass.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Ok.. I'm starting to understand better now.. can someone post some pictures of there car with the Voltex Fenders 20m one's already installed on there car please. The one's I have listed above. VL.EOF.2 Voltex Front Wide Fenders 20mm [Evolution VIII/ IX]
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you!
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Being that these are wide fenders, there are portions which will be "extended" further than what's featured on the factory fenders. On the Voltex fenders, they leave you with 2 different customizable styling options;

1. To cut open the upper portion of where the fender meets the door to allow for more exiting-airflow through the wheel wells.

2. For more of a conservative street-look, they have bridged the gap along the area where the fender meets the door.

You can choose from either looks. Most don't end up cutting the fender.

Hopefully when you had originally addressed this issue last Saturday, there wasn't too much time lost in installation.
If you have any additional questions, please let me know. The following methods of contact are the easiest ways to reach me;

AIM: SalesAtDriveLine
E-Mail: info@drivelinestore
Phone: (818) 710-6666

Regards,
Eric @ DriveLine

Last edited by DrivelineSales; Jan 26, 2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 10:34 AM
Former Sponsor

This message has also been e-mailed and PM'ed to you.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

looks sick with the gap imo
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 10:40 AM
Former Sponsor

The look I had originally suggested when you made your order was to mimic that Evo featured above. You seemed very enthusiastic about this decision, hopefully you are still happy with the current result.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Got it Thanks Drive Line Nailed it on the hammer I haven't seen my car everything was done on the phone so I was quite confused... and pretty worried about 1k dollar fenders being messed up... Thanks so much Eric once again I'm very appreciative. Just coming out of surgery 2 days ago and still haven't had my car in over a month and half and hearing a problem with the fenders scared the **** out of me.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 11:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks again Josh! I am certain you will be very happy to the end result. If there is anything more you need, please let me know.
Old Jan 26, 2010 | 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

It sounds like your body shop thought it was supposed to sit flush, when those fenders were designed to have that gap.