Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official Lowering Spring Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSoEVO
Look into the jdm Espelir ASD "street" springs I know @Lumpy Sticks has a bnib set for sale. It's the same springs I run in the picture above, they only lower the front 1inch and the rears .25 inches. If you look at my build thread you can see detailed pictures of the fitment and drop.
Thanks bro, that sounds like exactly what I am looking for.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 295 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by GPTourer
Thanks bro, that sounds like exactly what I am looking for.
Yep got one set and have a person interested in them. But its first pay first serve so if you want them, make it happen!
The following users liked this post:
SoSoEVO (Dec 13, 2019)
Old Dec 13, 2019, 09:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Espelir ASD with Evo VIII, not MR stock springs and shocks

Originally Posted by SoSoEVO
Look into the jdm Espelir ASD "street" springs I know @Lumpy Sticks has a bnib set for sale. It's the same springs I run in the picture above, they only lower the front 1inch and the rears .25 inches. If you look at my build thread you can see detailed pictures of the fitment and drop.
I think the drops with the Espelir ASD coil springs are not the same between EVO GSR and MR springs and shocks setups. The drops are less with the MR/Bilstein set up but more with the GSR/KYB set up according to this thread. But I am not 100% sure. Can anyone verify this?

The following users liked this post:
SoSoEVO (Dec 13, 2019)
Old Dec 13, 2019, 09:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8veloce
I think the drops with the Espelir ASD coil springs are not the same between EVO GSR and MR springs and shocks setups. The drops are less with the MR/Bilstein set up but more with the GSR/KYB set up according to this thread. But I am not 100% sure. Can anyone verify this?
That I'm not too sure of...I do know that there are "street" and "race" versions of the spring. The "race" version will lower the car more than the "street". Before I put the Espelir springs on I researched on here and many people reported that the "street" lowered their cars more than 1inch. But I didn't really pay attention to if they were MR or GSR struts. So you're maybe on to something with these springs being installed different heights for MR Bilstein or GSR KYB's. Hopefully someone can give you a definitive answer, I'd be inclined to know as well.

Also @Lumpy Sticks I still have 1 set of the Espelir springs too we got enough to go around lol!