Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Quick photoshoot of my 06 Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not trying to diss the car but the voltex canards are a little much. I only like them on a voltex bumper. Other than that it looks great.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ftlvwrx
not trying to diss the car but the voltex canards are a little much. I only like them on a voltex bumper. Other than that it looks great.
I like them. The reason I placed them on the APR bumper is because I am the only one with them. I cant stand looking the same as every other evo, or every other evo with Voltex parts. It gets old and doesnt become excited seeing your typical Voltex equipped Evo. So I am all about being different. They will still perform the same. Not to mention, if you knew the price I got these canards for, anyone would rock them. well just about anyone. I am a sucker for killer deals.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:23 AM

are those a "limited" edition voltex canard set cause I can't find those canards anywhere? Are they really Voltex?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What exhaust are you running?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
o Ft. Hood texas!
o ETS intercooler with couplings.
o Thanks for the two douches with the smart comments, im sure your cars look better.
o Canards might be ugly to you, but I love them. Thats all that matters.
o Vetboss, thanks for the positive comments.

Thanks everyone for the love, and negative feedback. I love haters cause that means I am doing something right. Lol
I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks. Please enjoy and let me know what yall think.
Come on, keep the comments coming. I am curious to know what people think.
Looking for legit comments on likes and dislikes. Dont be afraid to be specific.
if youre calling me a douche then yes, my car does look better. i didnt waste my families money on making them ride in an ugly evo. im not hating, im just telling you that it looks crappy because you wanted to hear what everyone thinks of it.

Last edited by evo8426; Feb 16, 2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

ETS intercooler with couplings.
Sweet, love the way it looks in the grill

Thanks for the two douches with the smart comments, im sure your cars look better.
Oh so salty

Vetboss, thanks for the positive comments.

I love haters cause that means I am doing something right. Lol
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

o The canards are real Voltex, as far as being limited edition I am not to sure. Here is where they were purchased from. http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/v...7-p-29441.html

o The exhaust is a Buschur TBE, but I made some changes. I changed the cat to a Perrin HFC, and the rear muffler I just bought a universal with a 3 inch inlet and had it put in. So it is still a true 3 inch turbo back. Along with a Map O2 dump.

o ARYDER, there is a difference from giving constructive criticism and being a straight A hole. But its fine, I'm not going to get all butt hurt. And believe me, my family is not riding in an ugly car, nor did I waste my money on anything. Judging by your pics, your Evo looks like every other evo I seen. I am all about being different and that is where I get credit for. Like I said I am making moves. I am working on a spot in Import Tuner. Just have to finish up a few things. But yeah I appreciate your crappy attitude lol. I love haters cause your mad at me for something lol. Have a blessed day.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:39 PM

o The canards are real Voltex, as far as being limited edition I am not to sure. Here is where they were purchased from. http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/v...7-p-29441.html

o The exhaust is a Buschur TBE, but I made some changes. I changed the cat to a Perrin HFC, and the rear muffler I just bought a universal with a 3 inch inlet and had it put in. So it is still a true 3 inch turbo back. Along with a Map O2 dump.
Well the link you posted are for a Voltex Front Bumper so this isn't were you bought them. 2nd your top canard is two small to be voltex. The canards for the Evo 9 front bumper are different. They are the same canards made for the c-west bumper, i don't normally hassle people like this but when someone is claiming to have a very expensive "cosmetic" enhancement in your case I will call bull****.

Buschur TBE with a different HFC and ebay muffler doesn't make it a Buschur Racing exhaust anymore sorry, you ruined a nice exhaust.

And finally, good luck with that Import Tuner spot. If your car makes then I'm a shoe in for sure. Also if you get butt hurt about peoples comments then quit posting pics of your car in every Evo Show n Shine thread.

That is all. Have a blessed day.

Last edited by ftlvwrx; Feb 16, 2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ftlvwrx
Well the link you posted are for a Voltex Front Bumper so this isn't were you bought them. 2nd your top canard is two small to be voltex. The canards for the Evo 9 front bumper are different. They are the same canards made for the c-west bumper, i don't normally hassle people like this but when someone is claiming to have a very expensive "cosmetic" enhancement in your case I will call bull****.

Buschur TBE with a different HFC and ebay muffler doesn't make it a Buschur Racing exhaust anymore sorry, you ruined a nice exhaust.

And finally, good luck with that Import Tuner spot. If your car makes then I'm a shoe in for sure. Also if you get butt hurt about peoples comments then quit posting pics of your car in every Evo Show n Shine thread.

That is all. Have a blessed day.
I wouldnt quite say I ruined a perfectly good exhaust because the quality of this bushcur exhaust was bad. The downpipe sits on my cross member causing it to rattle. The cat that came with this exhaust wasnt even high flow. On top of that the rear muffler just looked ugly on my car and stuck out to far. The only change i made was the rear which is visible and looks much better then before. And replaced the cat with a good reputable hfc.

As far as the canards they are not fake what so ever. They were ordered from vivid seeing as how i keep my reciepts to everything. Yes they were not made for the the bumper I have, but they do fit great. I do not buy knock off parts like that. Only knock off things I have is the muffler, and the engine damper and that is it. Trust me.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

What rear bumper is that?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:03 PM

hate to say this SSG but vivid sold you some fake Voltex canards.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by black_beauty
What rear bumper is that?
It is the JDM rear.

The Canards are not fake lol. Trust me. There will be an official Voltex dealer post in here to confirm it. Then we can put an end to calling me out on it.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:25 PM

can't wait.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

i like the angle of the exhaust wish mine looked like that poopy ams tbx
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by timmycat
i like the angle of the exhaust wish mine looked like that poopy ams tbx
Thanks. Your exhaust if you have the AMS one is much better then what I have. I plan on getting the AMS turbo back soon though. I love the way it sounds, and they are proven to make some good power once tuned. I had to do some customizing to the Buschur tbe I have. I am not pleased with Buschur.

Quick Reply: Quick photoshoot of my 06 Evo IX