Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

The Spirit of Autcross

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2010 | 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Babs
Before you start trash talking other peoples' driving skills, maybe you should head back to the strip and run something better than what a stock Evo almost runs. If I can pull a 1.70 60' on my 30k mile stock clutch compared to your 1.86 on an ACT, you have no room to bash others.

Work on your own skill first...and if you want to keep this on the subject of auto-x, I'll gladly wipe the floor with you on that too.

This is a video to capture what auto-x is about, not whether or not they're good at it. I could determine that from the first :05. Besides, I don't see your videos anywhere...
Agreed, an original E-gangstar!

Loved the vid!!
Old May 8, 2010 | 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DontStopMe
oh really.

Looks like your experience was very similar to mine.

(assumed) You= 16th out of 71
5.9 seconds from first.
http://www.cenla-scca.org/results/Ja...h_2010_raw.htm

Me = 21st out of 71
5.5 seconds from first.
http://madisonsportscarclub.com/node/107

weird huh?

Now this was my first auto-x this year and the first ever with this evo. And i'm not one to pride myself on my driving skills anyway.

Hate my video all you want, But talking smack about driving skill's based on a video is ridiculous.
good assumption, but not quite. I don't run in CENLA very often, they are just the only ones that made a video, so i used that. That particular event, was my first one back after not driving for 11 months due to conflicting work schedules. The car wasn't prepped, as in the tires were shot, and another detail you need to know about all the cars that finished ahead of me is that they were all running R-Comps. Also, about 10-12 of the cars directly behind me, and others down the list were also running R-Comps. A better chart to pull would be the one from my 2 most recent events in SOWELA, where my tires were better, and I took FTD at both events. The important thing to look at in the chart though is that I took 1st in my class. that's what you race for btw.

unless the cars at your event were heavily modded, or running slicks (assuming you were on street tires), you got beat by a lot of cars that you shouldn't have. There aren't any cars in front of me that shouldn't be there either because of mods, or tires, so you can't really compare our places. I finished a more realistic 10th out of 65 cars behind fully prepped cars on slicks with my basically stock EVO. I don't know what your mods are, but it looks like you finished 21st in a field where you should have done much better like the other EVO's in the event.

also, 3 of the times ahead of me are THE SAME CAR. It was a double driver car, with one driver doing double entry. it was the national championship winning STS car from last year. that little 88 civic Si is a fully prepped national championship winning RACE CAR on R-Comp SLICKS. My EVO is just about stock, and was running on worn NT05 STREET tires that event. Also, the top two times were carts/formula/kit cars. those aren't compared to mine. the top 6 places you can pretty much throw out because they are all fully prepped race cars with slicks. the other's ahead of me, and most behind were also running R-Comp slicks. So, no, it wasn't 16th place out of 71. closer to 10th spot out of 71 on worn street tires. That was the speed difference, not my driving.

I can pretty much guarantee I would beat whoever that was drivng the EVO with that one handed gangbanger homie grip on the steering wheel.

drivers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igzByTkGSQ

Last edited by ODUB; May 8, 2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old May 8, 2010 | 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Babs
Before you start trash talking other peoples' driving skills, maybe you should head back to the strip and run something better than what a stock Evo almost runs. If I can pull a 1.70 60' on my 30k mile stock clutch compared to your 1.86 on an ACT, you have no room to bash others.

Work on your own skill first...and if you want to keep this on the subject of auto-x, I'll gladly wipe the floor with you on that too.

This is a video to capture what auto-x is about, not whether or not they're good at it. I could determine that from the first :05. Besides, I don't see your videos anywhere...
first off, autocrossing skills and drag racing skills are two totally different things, and your ignorance to that fact shows that you have no business commenting on anyone else's skills as a driver. Another thing you might want to do is research. My EVO is basically stock, and the time i ran in it was stock, ON STOCK CLUTCH WITH 70k miles on it. The track was cold, and no way to get around the water box. That's why the 60' was off. I didn't put the ACT in until 125k miles, and have never been to the drag strip with it. I'm not a drag racer. I went to the track to prove i could run 12's in a basically stock EVO. I only get to drive 2-4 events a year (if i'm lucky) because of conflicting work schedules, but I've still got a pile of 1st place trophies in my room, and have never placed anything but 1st in any event when going against another car on street tires that say my driving style is okay.

Last edited by ODUB; May 8, 2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old May 8, 2010 | 03:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ODUB
The important thing to look at in the chart though is that I took 1st in my class.
Since you were the only one in your class that proves nothing.

All the incar video was me, and as stated earlier, I never claimed to be the best driver. As a matter of fact it was only my 4th autocross ever.

I was on street tires, and 80% of the cars that did better than me were on race rubber. But whatever, I don't need to list excuses. Enjoy your plaques.

I'm not here to defend my driving skills, but rather the skills of others at the event.

PS- The video you posted was well done.
Old May 8, 2010 | 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

why can't we all just get along?
Old May 8, 2010 | 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

I can pretty much guarantee I would beat whoever that was drivng the EVO with that one handed gangbanger homie grip on the steering wheel.

]

I thought the vid was done ok maybe next time have more in-car vids?
Old May 8, 2010 | 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

All the incar video was me, and as stated earlier, I never claimed to be the best driver. As a matter of fact it was only my 4th autocross ever.

I was on street tires, and 80% of the cars that did better than me were on race rubber. But whatever, I don't need to list excuses. Enjoy your plaques.

I'm not here to defend my driving skills, but rather the skills of others at the event.

PS- The video you posted was well done.
i apologize if my response was a bit harsh, but you kinda pissed me off going so far as to pull records from an event and then try to use the incomplete data to paint a picture of my driving skills. I don't need to make excuses because I always win. If I had been on brand new tires, and had driven more than one event I would have placed even higher. That's evident by my performance at the last sowela event. The day before the event I attended the Mini Cooper performance autocross tour to shake off the rust, and the following day ran the SOWELA event. I got there too late to walk the course, and then set FTD on my second lap, on tires that need to be changed, and will be changed before the next event. I wasn't ready for that event because it was a last minute decision to even race. I thought I was going to have to work. The other drivers at your event, particularly the black and white EVO's looked like good drivers. when you can see the car transfering weight from outside the car, and you can actually see the car is moving fast, you know it's being driven properly. most of the other cars in that video look like they are being driven at 6/10ths at most. some others look like they are being severely over driven (hence the ridiculous understeering).

Thank you for the compliment on my plaques. I'll have another to add to the pile on the 23rd.
Old May 8, 2010 | 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, what a mess. I guess ODUB is going to have to make a trip up here for our next auto x.
Old May 8, 2010 | 08:43 PM

The important thing to look at in the chart though is that I took 1st in my class. that's what you race for btw.
now thats kinda funny... not sure bragging about being 1 of 1 is really worth bragging about!

Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
I guess ODUB is going to have to make a trip up here for our next auto x.
agreed. he probably wouldn't have a new trophy to bring home though then. however, we don't have a lot of STU guys, so maybe he'd have a chance?
Old May 9, 2010 | 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you for the compliment on my plaques. I'll have another to add to the pile on the 23rd.
I am more humble then you are
Old May 9, 2010 | 07:09 AM

Thanks for the video. I enjoyed it much more that the talking of **** done afterwards. Seems to me you captured "the spirit". To me it has always been a bunch of different people, and cars, trying to have fun. 1st place is always nice, but a good time can be had by all...
Old May 9, 2010 | 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

your still at the point where you're collecting all your trophies and plaques?

a true auto-x (or any motorsport) enthusiast would never start talking trash from a short online youtube video.
Old May 9, 2010 | 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Wow ODUB. You arent full of yourself or anything. He posted a video (looked good to me) and you turned this into a thread about yourself. Start your own thread and bloat about you winning your classes (whether you were the only one in there or not) in another place.

Video was great! Love to see them on here and wish more ppl would post em.
Old May 9, 2010 | 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeeperjunior
Wow ODUB. You arent full of yourself or anything. He posted a video (looked good to me) and you turned this into a thread about yourself. Start your own thread and bloat about you winning your classes (whether you were the only one in there or not) in another place.

His name should be ODouche
Old May 9, 2010 | 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeeperjunior

Agreed

I wish to see more videos like this one of people and there cars having FUN at a auto X even

Auto X is meant for all skill levels and classes of cars and drivers. So what if you get beat I always went out to Auto X events to have fun and work on some driving skills a bit more. I always had fun with friends and just running around.

Quick Reply: The Spirit of Autcross