Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

NsPyR's EVO !!! China

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next Race i will be entering my old turbo civic but i have upgraded a few things, I will use my stock evo 9 intercooler and Oil cooler, getting the clutch masters FX400 clutch, FactoryM LSD, CP pistons 9.0:1 and BC con-rods, ACL race bearings, ARP STUDS, SuperTech Valves, Valve springs and Retainers, Cosmetic Headgasket...

In my old setup when i has the stock engine i has 220whp at 1 bar boost with the R18a1 engine and TSI turbo setup using the GT2560R garrett turbo. So after i have completed my build i hopefully can have a reliable 280++whp civic to race on the track in the 2700cc class.... the other option was to get the K24 stage 4 engine from kmod but the cost would be alot more and power would be similar... as my engine class is 1.8 + turbo (x1.5) makes my car equal 2700cc.... hopefully i can run around a lap time of under 1:55:xxx with this setup...

My evo is 2.3 + turbo (x1.5) which makes it 3450cc... so i am in the unlimited mod class.... if i upgrade my coilovers i should be able to get a time under 1:40:xxx to get faster i need to use Race petrol/retune and lighten my car more as it was around 1400kgs the other evo that came 1st place was 1200kgs.... also i need to go on a diet as i am too heavy also !!! hahaha

Last edited by nspyr; Aug 27, 2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:25 AM

My last race I managed to break 1:40:xxx and I didn't change my cars setup at all from the last race, this time I finally got champion of my division and this year overall second place driver, for the driver this year with the most points, lost to another driver who won 3 first place in the 2700cc division with he's NA civic....

Will post pictures soon as been busy lately with my 7month old daughter and work...
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:14 PM

good job! love this thread
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:53 PM

Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:57 PM

Just rebuild my turbo r18 civic's engine and after I run it in I should have a turbo civic with around 300fwhp.... I will use the civic to race for 2013.... Wish me luck.... Need to investigate what type of suspension setup I will need as I've nevered used this civic to race before...

If you look closely you will notice I am using the stock evo 9 intercooler and oil cooler.... Hehehehe
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:11 AM

More pic of last years final race
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Congrates on all the races, looking forward to seeing more updates, keep up the good work
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

Hi Nspyr!

Happy New Year!

I'm from Hong Kong, and want to go to your tuner to get my car up to 400 WHP, but haven't heard any positive comments about his tuning.

Could you comment about Tai?

Also my gearbox is locking out at high rmps and shifting between 4th to 5 can scratch sometimes, so I was thinking of getting a shep built gear box. how long did that take from them to ship the box?

My car is for street only as HK don't have any racing circuit and street driving has it's limits.

So I would like to know more about how it feels racing with your powerful Evo! keep the posts up and enjoy the fun with your Evo!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by unihappytime
Hi Nspyr!

Happy New Year!

I'm from Hong Kong, and want to go to your tuner to get my car up to 400 WHP, but haven't heard any positive comments about his tuning.

Could you comment about Tai?

Also my gearbox is locking out at high rmps and shifting between 4th to 5 can scratch sometimes, so I was thinking of getting a shep built gear box. how long did that take from them to ship the box?

My evo is great to drive, fp black turbo and BC fully built engine also done by Fueltank.... U want more info talk to him, he's very knowledgable.... Has has a lot of experience !!!

My car is for street only as HK don't have any racing circuit and street driving has it's limits.

So I would like to know more about how it feels racing with your powerful Evo! keep the posts up and enjoy the fun with your Evo!
Hi, what is your name ? Any pics of your car ? As you can read from my forums I have a turbo civic r18 engine and a evo 9 both of which was tuned by Fueltank!!! I have always used him as my tuner and he is our YNCRC race teams tuner for all our race cars !!! If your car has no problems and your maintain it well there will always be no problems.... He is a great tuner !!!!

As for my shep trans gearbox, I bought it online from shep trans in America and sent it to Fueltank and he sent it to me in china.... Total time till I got my gearbox was around 3-4weeks....

My evo is great to drive, been very successful with it as your can see from my race results and very reliable as this is also my daily driver... U want more info about my car you can contact Fueltank as he also built my engine and tuned my suspension and ecu !!! Very knowledgable tuner and humble too...

Last edited by nspyr; Feb 18, 2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lancerboy89
Congrates on all the races, looking forward to seeing more updates, keep up the good work
Thx and will keep the updates comming... If u wanna see more updates on my turbo civic I will be updating there more as my evo build is more or less complete now, only thing I can do is strip the whole car down to reduce more weight, race suspension and full roll cage but then that would make my car a full race car and not a daily driver...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:30 AM

Updated link to my civic build... Hehehe

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/turbo...update-17.html

Hopefully My civic can be as successful as my evo in it's races
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:14 AM
bac

hopefully the civic doesnt make more power and better competitor than the evo, cause turbo honda's are crazy!! GL with the season
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:40 AM

Pics of my two babys

Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by bac
hopefully the civic doesnt make more power and better competitor than the evo, cause turbo honda's are crazy!! GL with the season
My civic is using the r18 engine, and with the build engine and gt2560r turbo, hopefully I should be putting around 300fwhp which is competitive with the other k20/k24 NA engines also producing just under 300awhp but their cars can rev higher and easier to control on the track/corners !!!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 07:31 PM

My two baby's getting towed away to Chengdu for the competition in April 5-6th 2013 !!!

Quick Reply: NsPyR's EVO !!! China