Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

A different kind of photoshoot (huge pics!)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, it's been a while.
So, long story short, I finally had time to sit down and do a request I got from Evoryder earlier on in this thread, that being a RR Evo with Advan RS rims.

This evening I finally had the chance to do the rims, so here they are, full high-res renders as promised. I experimented with different colors for the rims, and also I thought I'd "squeeze" in two of my fav shots of the car in matte paint.

Hope you like'em! and I'm sorry for the high resolution, I can re-size them if it's a problem, just let me know .

And by all means, if someone has any other requests about rims/paint/bodykit/etc, let me know . I'm on vacation now, so I've got a lot more free time on my hands for modelling.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

the roof line along with sizing of emblems could use some work but honestly great start!

also the front air dam looks a bit elongated towards the bottom, its not as tall in reality. the pillars between the doors aren't perfectly flat either, they're a bit curved along with the glass itself

Last edited by Alexander; Jul 19, 2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

^^ how about a red IX RS with NT03's and lightly tinted rear three windows (not front two) w/ red vortex generator, JDM rear with buschur bullet exhaust, JDM IX heads/tails, and no front plate? Sorry asking a lot for a replica of my car. PLEASE and Thanks!

Last edited by inco9nito99; Jul 19, 2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey that WW looks kinda familiar.

Old Jul 19, 2010, 04:49 PM

looks great!
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome work! I love messing with 3D. I have Rhino 4 Wenatchee installed and just need to spend some time with it. Thanks for the awesome reminder. Keep it up, you've got skills. I like the concept you did as well by the way.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

best of luck! neat stuff!
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:13 AM
Account Disabled

Looks good.

For a quick second, i thought it was a real picture till i took a double look at those pictures, lol!

But seriously, good stuff though.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Alexander
the roof line along with sizing of emblems could use some work but honestly great start!

also the front air dam looks a bit elongated towards the bottom, its not as tall in reality. the pillars between the doors aren't perfectly flat either, they're a bit curved along with the glass itself
Big thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming, I never noticed the things you mentioned until now. Sigh, maybe one of these days I'll actually be done with the exterior once and for all . Cheers

Originally Posted by inco9nito99
^^ how about a red IX RS with NT03's and lightly tinted rear three windows (not front two) w/ red vortex generator, JDM rear with buschur bullet exhaust, JDM IX heads/tails, and no front plate? Sorry asking a lot for a replica of my car. PLEASE and Thanks!
Whoa, now that's what I call a request . I'll see what I can do, no guarantees though . Thanks!

Originally Posted by Blitz
Hey that WW looks kinda familiar.

I always wanted to do the VIII's rims, and I love the color combo on this one! Goes on the to-do list too . I gotta say though, the snow wont be included, sorry .

Also, huge thanks to everyone who commented, this is what keeps me motivated! Cheers
Old Jul 20, 2010, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

Not bad, for a beginner work. If you wanted to get constructive comments (regarding car model), you can try CGTalk.

The proportion seems quite good, the wire mesh id generally good except for areas where it becomes more organic in form like the side skirt & bottom of the bumper.

Also try to avoid use of 5 or 3 edged vertices, like near the wheel arch. I would like to advice you more, but unfortunately, I have a test tomorrow, but the guys at CGTalk should be able to help you a lot.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Agent47666
I always wanted to do the VIII's rims, and I love the color combo on this one! Goes on the to-do list too . I gotta say though, the snow wont be included, sorry .
Having fun in the snow is the best part of owning an Evo.