Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Boostinat30psi's re-build thread (accident related)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boostinat30psi's re-build thread (accident related)

I HOPE THAT THIS IS THE APPROPRIATE FORUM. LONG STORY SHORT. I BOUGHT THIS CAR LAST YEAR IN PERFECT CONDITION... SLIGHTLY MODDED. 25 POUNDS OF BOOST... GREAT LOOKS ETC.

IT IS A 2004 RALLYE RED EVO RS WITH 22,000 MILES. I GOT IN CONTACT WITH THE ORIGINAL OWNER AND HE SAID HE TOOK GREAT CARE OF THE CAR.. DROVE IT NOWHERE... AND GARAGE KEPT IT. ON THE STOCK TURBO IT MADE 380WHP/??TQ. ONCE HE FINDS THE DYNO SHEET, HE SAID HE WILL SEND IT TO ME.

SHORTLY AFTER...THE CAR WAS INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT ON AUGUST 20, 2009 WITH MAINLY FRONTAL IMPACT. THE ACCIDENT LOOKS WORSE THAN IT REALLY IS. WE PUT IN A CLAIM AT GEICO AND THEY TOOK OVER 2 WEEKS TO COME LOOK AT THE CAR. 2 WEEKS AFTER THE APPRAISAL... THEY SENT PAPERWORK THAT THE CAR WAS TOTALLED, AND I SHOULD RECEIVE MY CHECK IN THE WEEKS TO COME. I FIGURED.. WHAT THE HELL... I HAVE FULL COVERAGE.. IM GOOD TO GO... ILL JUST BUY IT BACK AND REBUILD IT.. OR BUY A EVO IX. I WAITED.. WAITED.. WAITED.. NOTHING!!! I CALLED THEM UP. THEY SAID THEY ARE INVESTIGATING THE ACCIDENT. NO ONE GAVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER. EVERY TIME I CALLED.. DIFFERENT STORY ALL TOGETHER.

I SPENT ALMOST A YEAR BATTLING THEM BACK AND FORTH AND TRYING TO GET A REASONABLY PRICED ATTORNEY TO GO AFTER THEM FOR MY DAMAGES. EVERY ATTORNEY WANTED A LOT MORE MONEY THAN WHAT I COULD AFFORD TO SPEND AND THEY WASNT 100% SURE THAT I WOULD WIN... (LONG FRIGGIN STORY)

I FINALLY TOOK IT UPON MYSELF TO BUY ALL THE PARTS THAT I NEEDED AND PUT MY BABY BACK TO LIFE. IVE SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS ON EVOM... TSE.. CRAIGSLIST... EBAY ETC LOOKING FOR PARTS FOR THIS CAR. I THINK I CAME A LONG WAY.

I CONSIDERED DOING EVO IX FRONT... BODYKIT... FULL BUILD... ETC. NOW MY FOCUS IS GETTING MY BABY ON THE ROAD.

LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO SATAN (NAMED IT THAT BECAUSE ITS EVIL.. I SWEAR!)

BEFORE...

RIGHT NOW...

Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

COUPLE MORE

Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck with everything man. I would love to see this back up and running. Also is that a STI "rear window wing" or is it meant for the evo?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck man, front looks pretty gnarly.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by betty
good luck with everything man. I would love to see this back up and running. Also is that a sti "rear window wing" or is it meant for the evo?

ok here is the thing with the sti piece.

According to the original owner... He saw this cf one made for a different car (not a sti) he contacted the person that made it and only spoke chinese. He had a chinese person translate to the guy that he wanted one made for the evo. After a lo0ng wait.. He got it.

He claimed it was the first one the guy made for an evo... And he hoped i was going to keep it on the car. (i think im gonna keep it. I honestly dont care if people flame on it.. Lol

and thank you all for the words of encouragement!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jtyler
good luck man, front looks pretty gnarly.

thanks.. I thought so too. Theres a lot going on there.. But i like it!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Dang, Even the laundry popped out of the steering wheel.

Sorry to hear of the battle w/ Geico (I have them as well but have not dealt w/ them to date)

Car looked mean before the accident & looking fwd the completion

Peace
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks minus. Yea.. I got screwed with geico. The car was amazing. It was tasefully modded. I told the original owner that the car will look exactly as he had it... But with a nose chop!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

You would have had much better and faster answers had you called a lawyer. Funny how fast insurance companies work when you light a fire under their a**.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

im in your same shoes man got a 06 mr i finaly got my check for after a year of waiting... going to start fixing mine soon...
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

ya but if you get a lawyer they usally want a chunk of ur check ... sooo idk if it would have been worth it
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k
you would have had much better and faster answers had you called a lawyer. Funny how fast insurance companies work when you light a fire under their a**.
yea well its not like i had $7500+ readily available to spend and hope that i get my check for $21k and if i lost the case.. Im out $7500 and i gotta fix the car myself.... (just in a worst case scenario!)
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo9ben
im in your same shoes man got a 06 mr i finaly got my check for after a year of waiting... going to start fixing mine soon...
BRO.. IT REALLY SUCKS. IM SORRY THAT YOU HAD TO DEAL WITH THAT. I WENT THROUGH ALL THAT CRAP... AND ITS LIKE "WHY THE HELL DID I HAVE INSURANCE ON THIS THING ANYWAY... IM STILL PAYING TO FIX IT" LOL (im just saying)
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo9ben
ya but if you get a lawyer they usally want a chunk of ur check ... sooo idk if it would have been worth it
With the right lawyer, they would pay for his fees and court costs.

Hell, you have insurance and have to wait TWO WEEKS for someone to come LOOK at the car.... straight shady.

Good luck with everything.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks.. Geico is a straight ripoff!!!

Quick Reply: Boostinat30psi's re-build thread (accident related)