Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!
View Poll Results: Headliner choice
Green suede headliner
15.38%
Black suede headliner
84.62%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Ultimate JDM Metallic Jade Green IX MR build

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010 | 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary 805
well your car is my insperation for redoing mine if i do. Ill have to repaint the whole car and pull the motor and do the same. Did you stagger the cut wire or end up with a large section of redone wires ontop of another? The trunk was a good idea.. im just worried about the large bundle of wire going along the side of the door which shouldnt be an issue if covered.

Im watching your build and i love it.. keep it up.. ill have to play this route next. so stand by for my round two haha.
The wire cut was pretty precise, I measured each wire individually. There was just a slight overlay on two wires but I will be chopping out the extra slack tomorrow... I hate half *** ****.

The harnesses will tuck smoothly along side the door. The harness was made extra long just to keep my options open if the side became over stuffed... (run it down the passenger side if needed)

Just hit me up when you decide to put her down, I'll be there for any needed insight.

The work wheels remind me if that other build and a set of CCW classics have been drillin my concentration.

Thanks for all the props in advance!
Old Sep 16, 2010 | 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait to you guys see what he has planned for the interior.

Damn muff that's a lot of wire

Like I said duckbill trunk so I can buy back my rs trunk
Old Sep 16, 2010 | 09:37 PM

Wow a lot of work good luck with your project sir...nice color!!
Old Sep 16, 2010 | 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Wow nice color, def watching this build!
Old Sep 17, 2010 | 01:42 AM
Evolving Member

love it! keen for heaps of pics on your wire tuck progress. Might have to pay for a return a return flight to Australia so you can do mine for me as well.
Old Sep 17, 2010 | 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking good.
Old Sep 17, 2010 | 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

This car looks amazing! Top of the line work!! Still wanna see more pictures!!
Old Sep 17, 2010 | 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary 805
well your car is my insperation for redoing mine if i do. Ill have to repaint the whole car and pull the motor and do the same. Did you stagger the cut wire or end up with a large section of redone wires ontop of another? The trunk was a good idea.. im just worried about the large bundle of wire going along the side of the door which shouldnt be an issue if covered.

Im watching your build and i love it.. keep it up.. ill have to play this route next. so stand by for my round two haha.
not if you sell that joker you can't tell me you have not recieved good offers boss
Old Sep 17, 2010 | 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
not if you sell that joker you can't tell me you have not recieved good offers boss
I think if i lowered down a few more grand for a quicker sell then yes. I have people coming but not strong.
Old Sep 17, 2010 | 09:57 AM

subscribed
Old Sep 17, 2010 | 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

don't do CCW or work wheels, they're both getting super common, do a BBS LM with a color matched facia or something of that nature, make it unique
Old Sep 17, 2010 | 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by msterrorist
don't do CCW or work wheels, they're both getting super common, do a BBS LM with a color matched facia or something of that nature, make it unique
BBS LM1's are legit wheels, the one thing I hate is that they are so limited on dimensions, wheel width etc. I'm looking to squeeze a 18x10.... I don't believe it's possible with the LM1.

Posting up some pics of tibights progress.... Then I'm out-

First off, I pulled the main engine harness through the firewall back into the cabin..
Old Sep 17, 2010 | 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

bbs lm's are VERY common around this area.
in think they are overrated
Old Sep 17, 2010 | 08:10 PM

Secondly, I removed the brake booster to pull the firewall engine pad... It seems I'm making more work for
Myself, I'll paint it in a few days after the needed holes are drilled.

Third, I was having some issues finding a new location to run the harness keeping in mind it has toake it's way through the wiper tray for stealth...

The only option was to unbolt the 4 dash bolts, this gave me the needed 4" or so of space to run the harness to the back of the tray. I pulled it over then plotted a good location for an access point/tray entry.

Then it was of to the races, I ran the engine through the access port and down the wiper tray.

I almost forgot, the harness that goes to the injector resistor board would not reach up through the dash so they were left in the cabin by the passenger foot well, this board I mounted up right in that front foot wall... The wires for the four plugs will need an extra 5" for each plug, close but nothin is easy with this!

Last edited by EvilT78supra; Sep 17, 2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2010 | 08:23 PM

With the ultimate tuck thing going on I still want this to be functional, as far as engine harness accessiblity is concerned. I don't want to have to put my car on a lift to change something minor. So functionality is key, the engine harness will be the only wires visible. That can be changed with ease if I decide to go all out.

With the harness in the tray it needed a point of entry to the engine... I chose the spot dead center behind the stock strut brace mount. A 2" hole was cut to drop the wires down, after a strut bar is in this will be slightly more "sleeper" not to mention an intake Mani may help....

Here's a shot with the padding off and the harness center if bay.... This will essentially be the only thing left other than the 4 brake likes and a brake booster, painted of course!

Quick Reply: Ultimate JDM Metallic Jade Green IX MR build