Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Chris Cessna's 9 Second STM Built Stock-Motor RS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love the setup man can't wait to see the vid on 9.5!!
Old Dec 27, 2010, 02:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, Chris, this might be the last post for this particular "stock motor" thread!

Once she starts to go back together again, we'll need a new one!

Old Dec 27, 2010, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
very nice! more pics !
Old Dec 27, 2010, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where is the other end of his catch can going to? i see a breather on the other end of valve cover
Old Dec 27, 2010, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow....
Old Dec 27, 2010, 07:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by raiceboi697
Wow....

I know, I cant believe it came apart looking this good. Maybe we should have kept going. It will see a new motor soon and hopefully trap in the 160 area in 2011. Chris is going to have his hands full for sure!

-Em
Old Dec 28, 2010, 03:07 AM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't have said good. I remember what mine looked like when I pulled it and what damage was done after the machine shop gave it the once over with all there machines. Stock block lotto ain't nice to anyone it seems.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:08 AM
Former Sponsor

I wouldn't have said good. I remember what mine looked like when I pulled it and what damage was done after the machine shop gave it the once over with all there machines. Stock block lotto ain't nice to anyone it seems.

This motor came out looking a lot better than I expected. I am not sure what you are looking at but it seems this one had a lot of life left in it. I am still happy we made the decision to pull it though, at that power level it probably would have broke a rod soon enough.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

i know visually mine was cleaner and it looked mint, sat flush & everything inside looked great. but i then found out that i had stretched 6 arp headstuds and warped the deck once the machine shop got there hands on it, nothing crazy but it had to be milled a bit.(price of big boost on normal ARP headstuds) it also looks like one of the pistons touched a valve for a second, or it was tool marks from using the cylinder as a tool holder during removal of all the misc parts on a block. It also appears that the head gasket has come apart in that picture shawna took. Im sure senior buschur has a nice block ready for this car and it will do some amazing stuff next year.. 9.50 for sure.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:56 AM
Former Sponsor

i know visually mine was cleaner and it looked mint, sat flush & everything inside looked great. but i then found out that i had stretched 6 arp headstuds and warped the deck once the machine shop got there hands on it, nothing crazy but it had to be milled a bit.(price of big boost on normal ARP headstuds) it also looks like one of the pistons touched a valve for a second, or it was tool marks from using the cylinder as a tool holder during removal of all the misc parts on a block. It also appears that the head gasket has come apart in that picture shawna took. Im sure senior buschur has a nice block ready for this car and it will do some amazing stuff next year.. 9.50 for sure.

The head gasket was fine on this car. That's pretty much how they all look when they come out. As far as your head studs stretching goes, Did your HG blow or was the car pushing coolant?

-Em
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:30 AM

My brain is officially in pain...I have not heard of anyone doing this before on stock block with stock internals and stock tranny...well not one that lasted for so long any way. I've seen dyno's going well but not successful 1/4mile passes.
All I can think is WOW!!
So something like that could last as a daily driver with one or two passes a month?
I want!!
What size fuel injectors? I don't remember reading about that in this thread.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

The car was pushing no coolent, but once the head gasket was removed it was obvious where it was starting to let go, as the layers were coming apart. I can post a iPhone pic of my block for comparison once I get home if you want.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kask
My brain is officially in pain...I have not heard of anyone doing this before on stock block with stock internals and stock tranny...well not one that lasted for so long any way. I've seen dyno's going well but not successful 1/4mile passes.
All I can think is WOW!!
So something like that could last as a daily driver with one or two passes a month?
I want!!
What size fuel injectors? I don't remember reading about that in this thread.
Not recommended with that much TQ... run a "conservative tune" and you should be fine.

STM is king when it comes to the " fast stock block club". Ask Em and he'll give you more insight for sure.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Not recommended with that much TQ... run a "conservative tune" and you should be fine.

STM is king when it comes to the " fast stock block club". Ask Em and he'll give you more insight for sure.
Yeah, I know I'm dreaming...
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:42 PM
Former Sponsor

The car was pushing no coolent, but once the head gasket was removed it was obvious where it was starting to let go, as the layers were coming apart. I can post a iPhone pic of my block for comparison once I get home if you want.

So your head was lifting enough for your HG to come apart but did not push coolant? I'm baffled.

-Em

Quick Reply: Chris Cessna's 9 Second STM Built Stock-Motor RS