Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Ortiz: Evo VIII STM Winter Build

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 04:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's alot of rust!
I'm sure the guys at STM will take very good care of it
Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evokid8
man up north got it bad with the rust!
absolutely sucks, I sprayed my car under body with grease spray. very cool built. Thanks for serving mr ortiz
Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Holy rust!! lol
Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

you guys think that a lot of rust LMFAO, thats actually not bad, it seems more like surface rust on the craddle and the driveshaft, the only bad part seems to be the driveshaft shields, but who needs those anyways, plus the evos love snow, thats where the awd REALLY comes in handy..btw thanx for serving and looking forward to this built.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by erald01
you guys think that a lot of rust LMFAO, thats actually not bad, it seems more like surface rust on the craddle and the driveshaft, the only bad part seems to be the driveshaft shields, but who needs those anyways, plus the evos love snow, thats where the awd REALLY comes in handy..btw thanx for serving and looking forward to this built.

You are right. Those heat shields already found their way to the dumpster. The car is actually cleaning up well.

-Em
Old Oct 1, 2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tiradocc
That's alot of rust!
I'm sure the guys at STM will take very good care of it
Like Emery said its really not that much, its all surface. But once i decide what color to go with for the engine bay and the stuff i want power coated, you will have my business!

Originally Posted by erald01
Thanks for the support ! I will tell they sure love snow man i went sideways on every corner on post it was fun! Now its going to be all about what that giant digital casio watch at the end of the track says once i get there!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 06:33 PM

I'm taking suggestions on what color for the accessories in the engine bay! IE valve cover
Old Oct 1, 2010, 06:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PR_DSM
I'm taking suggestions on what color for the accessories in the engine bay! IE valve cover
There are thousands of colors.
What is the reaction you want people to have when you pop the hood?
Some people like nice subtle colors like black/silver, while others like flashy colors that POP.

There are not too many builds like this, so I would go with a custom color that nobody has.

If you want MY opinion, I think a Candy Blue or something similar would look very nice with the silver.

Last edited by Tiradocc; Oct 1, 2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 06:52 PM

The blue sounds really good! maybe the calipers too cause those need some real love!

i will go thru your web page see what i like and will posted here to get some feed back of course i want the STM brand painted on the valve cover. can u guys do that ?

Originally Posted by Tiradocc
There are thousands of colors.
What is the reaction you want people to have when you pop the hood?
Some people like nice subtle colors like black/silver, while others like flashy colors that POP.

There are not too many builds like this, so I would go with a custom color that nobody has.

If you want MY opinion, I think a Candy Blue or something similar would look very nice with the silver.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 06:55 PM
Former Sponsor

The blue sounds really good! maybe the calipers too cause those need some real love!

i will go thru your web page see what i like and will posted here to get some feed back of course i want the STM brand painted on the valve cover. can u guys do that ?
Yes, just have Emery send me a decal and we can put it underneath a layer of clear.
This "seals" the decal, basically impossible to remove it unless you strip it.

If you have any questions send me a pm or email, don't want to clutter your thread
Old Oct 2, 2010, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
good luck with your goals!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
good luck with your goals!
Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

I been following the thread for a bit and nice build can't wait to see the full transformation. But for my personal opinion on the color accessories I say you keep it clean and do a stealth build. If you plan on getting the valve cover powder coated check out Diirk's from AWD motorsport I believe his is apex silver. How the light hits it and how clean it looks is very cool. Good Luck with the build in what ever direction you plan to go
Old Oct 5, 2010, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just needed a bit of love. She is cleaning up quite nicely. Pretty much everything going BACK in is going to be brand new. A few new shiny bolts and that should do it!

Alex, I kind of have an idea for the valve cover, but Chris Cessna would have my head if I didn't also suggest it to him as well! Once I find out if it is even do-able, I'll start some sketches!

They would be pretty darn sick.

...and, the core motor is headed to Buschur for the new 2.0LR!

Last edited by 4g63girl; Oct 5, 2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 01:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
HOLY RUST BATMAN!!!!maybe I should be happy I live in southern california because our cars don't get rusty whatsoever LOL jk can't wait to see "build pics"

Last edited by L888Apex; Oct 5, 2010 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Ortiz: Evo VIII STM Winter Build