Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Test fitted all of our Evo8/9 kits last week!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea there seems to be alot of gaps in the rear bumpers, i guess there is a reason to buy the original parts instead of getting replicas, i understand that bumpers and fenders and hoods need to be fitted but i also feel that sometimes these replica kits, especially the ones that have less than spectacular fitment are keeping the prices on the real deal AERO kits expensive bc they can't afford to stay in business..

I'm all about a hustle but alot of the board members on here work hard for their 30-40k cars and wouldn't appreciate paying for a product that doesn't fit the car well at all. this is all constructive critisism, get the fitment closer (thus allowing you to drill holes) and more people would consider buying these KITS
Old Nov 3, 2010, 05:04 AM

Do you offer any other kind of mesh? also will the OEM mesh fit on your MR edition front bumper?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

can i get the price of evo 9 mr front bumper shipped to 49508 ?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how much are the OEM MR bumpers going for?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

c1 front bumper and mr style fenders to 74072 for an VIII
Old Nov 4, 2010, 08:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike_Fugi
Do you offer any other kind of mesh? also will the OEM mesh fit on your MR edition front bumper?
The only mesh that we offer that is different than what comes standard is a black diamond cut mesh that has to be purchased seperately. As far as the OEM mesh fitting, I'm not sure but I will definitely look into it for you.

Originally Posted by Evoleader88
can i get the price of evo 9 mr front bumper shipped to 49508 ?
On the way!

Originally Posted by evo9nuuub
Yea there seems to be alot of gaps in the rear bumpers, i guess there is a reason to buy the original parts instead of getting replicas, i understand that bumpers and fenders and hoods need to be fitted but i also feel that sometimes these replica kits, especially the ones that have less than spectacular fitment are keeping the prices on the real deal AERO kits expensive bc they can't afford to stay in business..

I'm all about a hustle but alot of the board members on here work hard for their 30-40k cars and wouldn't appreciate paying for a product that doesn't fit the car well at all. this is all constructive critisism, get the fitment closer (thus allowing you to drill holes) and more people would consider buying these KITS
The "pre-drilled" thing is merely a gimmick. No aftermarket body part is going to have perfect fitment every time. We don't pre-drill the parts because each car is going to require a different adjustment in order for it to fit correctly. If the holes are already drilled and they don't line up, you have to widen the existing or make new ones and thus weakening the part. Just doesn't make sense.

Originally Posted by Jerm__
how much are the OEM MR bumpers going for?
We don't offer anything in the way of OEM. We do offer an MR style kit if that's what you are referring to.

Originally Posted by 20austin08
c1 front bumper and mr style fenders to 74072 for an VIII
On the way!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

i'm just confused here about the oem bumpers comming pre drilled and fitting pretty much perfect each time, if you are using stock parts for a mold then shouldn't the bumpers fit pretty close to stock with holes drilled
Old Nov 5, 2010, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Our Duraflex parts are all hand laid and hand trimmed fiberglass based parts. Due to the human element of the process, some margin of error comes into play. An OEM part is generally molded using an injection molding method, therefore creating more expense due to the type of equipment needed to do such work.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya, thats what i meant, how much are the MR front and rear bumpers
Old Nov 6, 2010, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
Our Duraflex parts are all hand laid and hand trimmed fiberglass based parts. Due to the human element of the process, some margin of error comes into play. An OEM part is generally molded using an injection molding method, therefore creating more expense due to the type of equipment needed to do such work.
...for those who don't know, he's talking about injection molded dies that are >$1,000,000 and moved by cranes because they weight like ~15tons
Thats why OEM parts are so expensive and then x10+ price increase for aftermarket customer.

... and you still wouldn't believe the size of the worst case part to part tolerance even in this fashion..... its extremely hard for ANY aftermarket company to produce the tight tolerance fitted parts as OE, and its mostly because you don't know the OE spec's which their parts are made too, you only have the part or car to try to measure off of, which in the world of engineering to 0.1mm's it isn't enough to be perfect when you have so many parts assembled together.

Last edited by GTijoejoe; Nov 6, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 08:03 PM

wow i remember you're the guys that make those riced out body kits from neons to civics to even cavaliers. i thought youd just fade into bankruptcy by now---im not flaming or anything. there was even a time when around 97-99 i thought your kits were cool, but then i graduated from high school and i even thought a civic with a gt wing and 20s was a real racer.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
people still buy these things? come on, we own evos. Leave this stuff for the civics and neons.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

wow i really didn't mean to start a flame sessio, i was just wondering why the japanese aftermarket bumpers seem to fit with little to no finessing but this guy couldn't get his to fit better... i guess its just the process used to mold the kits
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by adnmoh1
wow i remember you're the guys that make those riced out body kits from neons to civics to even cavaliers. i thought youd just fade into bankruptcy by now---im not flaming or anything. there was even a time when around 97-99 i thought your kits were cool, but then i graduated from high school and i even thought a civic with a gt wing and 20s was a real racer.
Different strokes for different folks. Just because it's not your taste doesn't mean that it isn't someone elses. As far as your bankruptcy comment, we've been here for a shade under 10 years, we're not going anywhere.

Originally Posted by nightwalker
people still buy these things? come on, we own evos. Leave this stuff for the civics and neons.
I beleive "different strokes for different folks" applies to this as well. We provide a cost effective alternative to other aftermarket parts or OE parts. The MR Edition rear is one of our best selling parts across all 7,000+ parts we make.

Originally Posted by evo9nuuub
wow i really didn't mean to start a flame sessio, i was just wondering why the japanese aftermarket bumpers seem to fit with little to no finessing but this guy couldn't get his to fit better... i guess its just the process used to mold the kits
The reason you may see some minor fitment issues is because very little prep work went into the part before we test fitted it. All of our parts may require minor shaving, sanding, cuttng or filling. This is due to the fact that all of our parts are hand laid and then hand trimmed from the molds, so as soon as that human element is introduced, things (the parts) tend to be slightly different from one to another.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

price on rear MR bumper to 57702? thanks

Quick Reply: Test fitted all of our Evo8/9 kits last week!