Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Test fitted all of our Evo8/9 kits last week!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 02:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Test fitted all of our Evo8/9 kits last week!

Last week, we had an EvoM member drop his vehicle off in order for us to test fit all of the parts we had in stock.

Here are the pics!

Front bumpers:

Vader:

C Speed

C-1:

MR Edition

Rear bumpers

MR Edition

Vader

C Speed

C-1

Fenders

MR Edition

Sideskirts

Vader

C Speed

C-1

Last edited by Extreme Dimensions; Oct 20, 2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

on your "mr edition" front bumper, the lip isn't removable is it?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

IIRC, they are all molded. You could remove one with a saw though.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 05:25 PM

how much are the mr edition rear bumpers?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why did you clamp them on instead of screwing them on? This would make me conclude that all the mounting holes don't exist and maybe you need to drill through the bumper to the factory mounts.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

also just curious with the JDM rear- was the factory usdm rear crash beam still on?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry but I would NOT buy from this company. Just a warning.

I ordered a C-west replica bumper and the fitment was just HORRIBLE. The shop i took it to took pictures showing that it wasnt even close mostly because I didn't believe them at first and that maybe they'd left the crashbeam on but they had not.

After contacting ED, it took FOREVER to get replies and they refused to accept that it did not fit. They demanded I take it to another shop and take more pictures which is ridiculous and said even then Id have to pay to ship it back to them to get a replacement....I cut my losses even though it was a pretty big loss and now it just sits in my garage....very stressful and waste of money and time
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evokid8
on your "mr edition" front bumper, the lip isn't removable is it?
It is not. See below.

Originally Posted by MikSchultzy
IIRC, they are all molded. You could remove one with a saw though.
Originally Posted by Gotboost36
how much are the mr edition rear bumpers?
PM on the way.

Originally Posted by igo4bmx
why did you clamp them on instead of screwing them on? This would make me conclude that all the mounting holes don't exist and maybe you need to drill through the bumper to the factory mounts.
The only parts we make that come with mounting holes pre-drilled are hoods and trunks. Everything else does not. This is due to the fact that each part will fit differently on each vehicle. As long as you test fit the part and mark the holes properly, there should not be an issue.

Originally Posted by igo4bmx
also just curious with the JDM rear- was the factory usdm rear crash beam still on?
It was not. You would need to either shave the USDM down or replace it with the JDM crash beam. The same has to be done for the OEM JDM part.

Originally Posted by Arkitek
Sorry but I would NOT buy from this company. Just a warning.

I ordered a C-west replica bumper and the fitment was just HORRIBLE. The shop i took it to took pictures showing that it wasnt even close mostly because I didn't believe them at first and that maybe they'd left the crashbeam on but they had not.

After contacting ED, it took FOREVER to get replies and they refused to accept that it did not fit. They demanded I take it to another shop and take more pictures which is ridiculous and said even then Id have to pay to ship it back to them to get a replacement....I cut my losses even though it was a pretty big loss and now it just sits in my garage....very stressful and waste of money and time
My apologies for the experience you had. How long ago was this? It's tough to believe that it took so long that you just held on to the parts. PM me your info and I can look up your account.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi thread, I'd watch how you post here.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

C-Speed looked pretty nice. I've heard both good and bad things about Extreme Dimensions so I guess it's just a shot in the dark for good fitment
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GrnEVO
C-Speed looked pretty nice. I've heard both good and bad things about Extreme Dimensions so I guess it's just a shot in the dark for good fitment
We stand behind every part we make. If there's a major issue, we work with you to resolve it. We pride ourselves on our superior customer service. If there's a problem, we take care of it.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 01:22 PM

I have have yet to understand why people complain about body parts so much.

1) Its aftermarket - Its not going to fit perfect because your car is not perfect.
Look at all the fitment issues with a aftermarket undertray or downpipe.

2) You have to prep any body part to make it fit perfectly to your vehicle. That is where you make the part fit your vehicle.

3) If you dont want to prep it, go with a OEM part and pay OEM price.

ED is showing you the fitment is 8/10. Its up to the customer to make it 10/10 if they choose. Just like the undertray and downpipe, takes a little bit of time but well worth the effort in the end.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Show us painted and installed pics in order to be taken serious. All your products from what I can see look like they will fit like garbage. This isn't me being a diick btw just giving you some constructive criticism.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 02:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RevMoto
Show us painted and installed pics in order to be taken serious. All your products from what I can see look like they will fit like garbage. This isn't me being a diick btw just giving you some constructive criticism.
We rely heavily on the end user to provide finished pictures. We can test fit the product just fine but we don't have the facilites or the manpower to paint. This is why we have our Cash for Pictures program as an incentive for the customer to provide those pictures.

As far as fitment, I have already commented about the support we provide for any major issues with the product. We work with every customer that has a fitment issue. If we believe the part is workable with some work at the body shop, we typiclly offer some sort of credit. If it is a major issue and we determine the part defective, we send out a replacement, simple as that.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
looks good but IMO its not OEM tight fitment. there is some big gaps and stuff. why?

Quick Reply: Test fitted all of our Evo8/9 kits last week!