Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

STM Ricer 2011 Rebuild Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011 | 03:36 AM
Evolved Member

All new things look good on paper but rarely perform under real world conditions the same
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
All new things look good on paper but rarely perform under real world conditions the same
LOL! So you're saying that the new EFR's will not meet the expectations? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think that the testing of the single-scroll EFR's on some other forums have already proven how bad *** the EFR's are when compared to some others. Not too mention that Sierra Sierra, with ALL of their money and insane performances, have chosen the EFR over ALL other turbos. And they are using the new 8374 EFR twin-scroll. I wonder why... I have a new EFR on order already and cannot wait to get it installed and tuned. Hell, I'll be willing to bet $$$ that it kicks Precisions ***. While I must agree with your statement in general, I'd be hesitant to place BW's abilities into that category. Guess we shall see.
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RunThat
LOL! So you're saying that the new EFR's will not meet the expectations? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think that the testing of the single-scroll EFR's on some other forums have already proven how bad *** the EFR's are when compared to some others. Not too mention that Sierra Sierra, with ALL of their money and insane performances, have chosen the EFR over ALL other turbos. And they are using the new 8374 EFR twin-scroll. I wonder why... I have a new EFR on order already and cannot wait to get it installed and tuned. Hell, I'll be willing to bet $$$ that it kicks Precisions ***. While I must agree with your statement in general, I'd be hesitant to place BW's abilities into that category. Guess we shall see.
Ill take that bet.. make 800+ on a 62mm or 920+ on 67mm on a dynojet and ill pay you 100.00..

Mike
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Mike, there are quite a bit more things to consider other than peak hp and unfortunately I am getting the 9180 and eventually the 8374 EFR's, which are a bit larger in size, but I am also sure that others may be shooting for high peak HP on one of the other EFR's.
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Mike, there are quite a bit more things to consider other than peak hp and unfortunately I am getting the 9180 and eventually the 8374 EFR's, which are a bit larger in size, but I am also sure that others may be shooting for high peak HP on one of the other EFR's.
That is correct and i was hoping you mention it.. So how do you plan to show the EFR will kick PTE's or FP's *** even for that matter?? Going to turn laps back to back same day with both turbos, same driver, same tire conditions?? Going to dyno test them back to back same day on the same car to show how FAST they spool??

What compressor size is the one your getting since you say its larger than 67mm??

Mike

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Apr 18, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Yes I am saying that a new untested turbo might not be able to stand up to what the paper says first go around. After reading about it, ya it looks like a great turbo but I'm not a huge fan of being the guinea pig on a untested thing. I'd much rather invest my cash in a proven combo or manufacture then something new that should be "super awesome" and I'll get a hefty discount for trying it out and seeing how it works. So ya if I was sierra Sierra and I got a huge discount on a new turbo set up of course I'd pick them over all others. I've seen the hype not live up in more things then the automotive world so I have never been quick to jump on the bandwagon of the bigger better deal
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
That is correct and i was hoping you mention it.. So how do you plan to show the EFR will kick PTE's or FP's *** even for that matter?? Going to turn laps back to back same day with both turbos, same driver, same tire conditions?? Going to dyno test them back to back same day on the same car to show how FAST they spool??

What compressor size is the one your getting since you say its larger than 67mm??

Mike
Who said that I was the one who was going to demonstrate the EFR's vs PTE? I certainly didn't. I'm more than sure that others WILL though. From what I understand thus far, the waiting list for the new EFR's is already quite long so I'm pretty sure that testing will be done by several people/shops. Hell, if someone wants to send me a PTE for testing vs the EFR, I will be happy to do back-to-back testing same day.

And as for the size of the compressor on the 9180 which I am currently waiting for... It's a 91mm compressor wheel and an 80mm turbine. Quite a large turbo!

EDIT*** 91mm is the OD (exducer) of the compressor, not the inducer, which is 67.7mm

Last edited by RunThat; Apr 18, 2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Seriously, RUNTHAT, you're going to step into a shop owners thread and start stirring trouble by bumping an incredibly in depth tech reply and saying exactly? Do you even understand what your reading? You think you know a few things because you can buy parts that are the new best thing and put them on your car that some shop is putting together for you?

Then continue to clutter the thread with a bunch of stuff that you read on the forums with no real world wrench or seat time. You seriously make me sick. The only thing you're good at running is your mouth.
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
Yes I am saying that a new untested turbo might not be able to stand up to what the paper says first go around. After reading about it, ya it looks like a great turbo but I'm not a huge fan of being the guinea pig on a untested thing. I'd much rather invest my cash in a proven combo or manufacture then something new that should be "super awesome" and I'll get a hefty discount for trying it out and seeing how it works. So ya if I was sierra Sierra and I got a huge discount on a new turbo set up of course I'd pick them over all others. I've seen the hype not live up in more things then the automotive world so I have never been quick to jump on the bandwagon of the bigger better deal
Idk if you're aware of this or not, but Sierra Sierra isn't hurting for money and getting a free turbo from BW doubtfully plays ANY role in their choice.
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Who said that I was the one who was going to demonstrate the EFR's vs PTE? I certainly didn't. I'm more than sure that others WILL though. From what I understand thus far, the waiting list for the new EFR's is already quite long so I'm pretty sure that testing will be done by several people/shops. Hell, if someone wants to send me a PTE for testing vs the EFR, I will be happy to do back-to-back testing same day.

And as for the size of the compressor on the 9180 which I am currently waiting for... It's a 91mm compressor wheel and an 80mm turbine. Quite a large turbo!
I guess well wait and see what the OTHERS plan to do as far as testing..

As for your 91mm turbo.. You must be looking for what 1400-1500hp.. and your going to say its not all about HP.. Let me guess you expect spool to be somewhere around an FP BLACK with the 91mm EFR technology right?? Please send me some of the koolaid they sent you..
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Idk if you're aware of this or not, but Sierra Sierra isn't hurting for money and getting a free turbo from BW doubtfully plays ANY role in their choice.

No, but Geoff being heavily involved with BW and SSE does.

I'm done with filling up Emery's thread.
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Mayberry, do you even KNOW wtf you're talking about? You KNOW me? No real world wrench or seat time? Get off these dudes' nuts e-thug. Better yet, grow some *****, come down to Jersey and get at me. For real. First you come into my thread hating, now you wanna nut swing? You're a joke.
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:33 PM
Former Sponsor

I dont know if maybe you werent aware but NOBODY in this thread cares about sierra sierra and how much $$ they have.. They dont pay mine, Emery's or any of the members in this threads car payment.. Run along..

Mike
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

I guess well wait and see what the OTHERS plan to do as far as testing..

As for your 91mm turbo.. You must be looking for what 1400-1500hp.. and your going to say its not all about HP.. Let me guess you expect spool to be somewhere around an FP BLACK with the 91mm EFR technology right?? Please send me some of the koolaid they sent you..
Haha! Never expected to spool like a Black or anywhere close! If YOU think that then yea, I'd like your KoolAid too
Old Apr 18, 2011 | 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

I dont know if maybe you werent aware but NOBODY in this thread cares about sierra sierra and how much $$ they have.. They dont pay mine, Emery's or any of the members in this threads car payment.. Run along..

Mike
Idc about them either. I mentioned they're $$ to prove the point that getting free turbos isnt their deciding factor when choosing one

Quick Reply: STM Ricer 2011 Rebuild Picture Thread