Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Rota love and a little hate for the haters

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pink is a little too much for me. Fake vs Real will always be a debate. I choose to buy real ones, but hey that's me and not them. As long as people aren't rockin' Rotas and putting Volks stickers or telling everyone they are real I have no problem. Not everyone can afford it, that's life.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggie
Yes, yes I am. Our 3,000 pound cars can run an 18x10.5 with just a little roll and pull. You'll need those to properly run grown up sized tires. But hey, pink stickers are WAY cooler bro.
And run 255 tires? Ricers...
Old Jan 7, 2011, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Biggie
Take a look at that mod list, there is nothing but engine upgrades... No brakes, no suspension, no safety, nothing. Some might look down on that, or the fact he buys parts for purely cosmetic reasons. If someone made a thread about STICKERS slamming people that can't turn, there would be a bunch of hostility in it too.

Welcome to the tuning world, every part on his mod list is now worth a fraction of its origional MPRP.

Yes, yes I am. Our 3,000 pound cars can run an 18x10.5 with just a little roll and pull. You'll need those to properly run grown up sized tires. But hey, pink stickers are WAY cooler bro.
FYI every mod I have is not on the list. I just chose to list my major power mods. I am quite happy with my braking and suspension setup aside from planning to add 2 piece rotors and dedicated carbotech track pads next time it sees the track.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
And run 255 tires? Ricers...
Exactly, you need 265s or 275s on an EVO to move out of the ricer category! I don't even think you should consider an EVO well modified unless it has 285s or bigger.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by foam
The pink is a little too much for me. Fake vs Real will always be a debate. I choose to buy real ones, but hey that's me and not them. As long as people aren't rockin' Rotas and putting Volks stickers or telling everyone they are real I have no problem. Not everyone can afford it, that's life.
I feel ya. The pink is dfinately not for everyone. My valve cover and calipers have been many different colors over the past couple years but for some reason that fluorescent pink just looked killer to me and I feel that the car has the ***** and mean look to pull it off. Everyone that I told I was doing pink told me not to. Of course I didn't listen cuz I don't really give a damn what anyone else thinks. In the end all but one of them loved the look. I have since then changed the color twice and I miss it so it's going back pink soon.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by foam
WTF were you when I was getting jumped on in a thread where a guy did just that.

NOthing to say thats already been said. I wonder what Rota haters and Expensive wheel haters say when an owner owns both?

The whole if you could afford them you woulda bought them goes right the **** out the window then hunh.

Nice Andy. As always. I giggled when I saw this.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

To everyone posting in this thread: you really have to know Shunder to know this is right in line with his personality. Shunder just loves to work on cars. He has done all his own work (including paint and headlight mods) and helps all us local boys with whatever we need, whenever we need. IMHO he is the definition of what makes our scene great. He cares not for fashion or popularity, only what looks good to him, and has quite a sense of humor (take his license plate frame for instance)! This is all done just to mess around and all in good fun. Knowing Shunder these stickers will be gone in a couple weeks and he'll move on to respraying the calipers or valve cover just to tinker with something. And that is what this is, a reason to tinker with something and poke a little fun at a very expensive wheel that everyone loves. He's not claiming that Rota is better or Volks suck, it's just simple ribbing like when SNL pokes fun at a celebrity's laugh or hair cut.

In short, I luv ya "A", keep doing your thing, as long as it's my calipers cuz they need a respray baaaad! LOL
Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
This made my night, funny as hell, i wish i could afford volks but rotas seem to be in my future.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Lol, Im still trippn on the comment about 9.5's being "skinny"...comedy. I mean its not like he ordered the AMS 2.3 and ran out money.

I was really hoping that people would stop hating in 2011. Maybe next year.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Thanx for the kind words. It's kinda funny to me that I've got people taking my back on this but don't worry guys y'all know I don't give a damn what anybody thinks. I built my car for one person and that's me. If I like it and it makes me happy then I'll do it. End of story.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PsychDr. HN$
Lol, Im still trippn on the comment about 9.5's being "skinny"...comedy. I mean its not like he ordered the AMS 2.3 and ran out money.

I was really hoping that people would stop hating in 2011. Maybe next year.
To be fair it isn't an AMS 2.3 It's a 2.3 that was blown and I had rebuilt locally.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Haha nice!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

thats awesome, i saw a civic with REAL volks and he had a license plate frame that said "I love your fake wheels" funny thing is that his real $4000 wheel and tire package cost a quarter of the price of his car!!!!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:11 PM

Mi gusta guey
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by JoNaH
thats awesome, i saw a civic with REAL volks and he had a license plate frame that said "I love your fake wheels" funny thing is that his real $4000 wheel and tire package cost a quarter of the price of his car!!!!
My wheel and tire package retails out to be close to the blue book value of an EVO IX. EVO VIIIs are getting so cheap a new set of Rotas with good tires are almost worth a quarter of those. What's your point?

Last edited by Biggie; Jan 9, 2011 at 12:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Rota love and a little hate for the haters