Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Fender flare

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voltex:
Front Fenders
- VL-EWO-1,2: Front Wide Fenders w. Double Fender attechment, including the Rear Wide Fender Flare (can only be used with the Voltex Rear Fenders, see below)
Rear Fenders
- VL-EOR-9: Rear Wide Fenders
Old Jan 7, 2011, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tundeclips
HAHAHA beerfest quote!

-Its $10 for a BJ, $12 for an HJ, and $15 for a ZJ
-Whats a ZJ
-If you have to ask, you can't afford it

And the replicas are what makes companies that put in thousands upon thousands on testing go out of business for the same look.. 8K is a little extreme but it is intended for the extreme racecar not the weekend ricer. Sure some can afford it just for kicks but its not intended to be the first mod you do on your evo.. jus sayin'
i would never consider buying a 8k+ body kit to begin with. so how would me buying a replica cause the original to lose money or go out of business?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

well you gotta pay to play! thats the rule...and I'm getting the exact voltex cyber street later on once I can get another car..but for sure... the sickest looking body kit for the Evo
Old Jan 7, 2011, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

I will never buy that, as I rather pick up a new YFZ450X for that price...but that has to be the sexiest evo I have ever seen.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05VIII
i would never consider buying a 8k+ body kit to begin with. so how would me buying a replica cause the original to lose money or go out of business?
Let me draw you a little picture here.

A powerful company spends time and money into the development of a state of the art system.. company two with lesser ammounts of money says, "f it.. were copying the voltex cuz they spent the money on development" and sells it for 1000 compared to 8000, furthermore drawing the crowd their way and sinking the company that put in the time and effort in the first place. I do realize that there are times and places for replicas and this is probly one of them but I just wanted to state my piece first.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eve-slow
^If ya gotta ask, too much.
very true..
Old Jan 7, 2011, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05VIII
just get the lancer they look the same as the evo.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tundeclips
Let me draw you a little picture here.

A powerful company spends time and money into the development of a state of the art system.. company two with lesser ammounts of money says, "f it.. were copying the voltex cuz they spent the money on development" and sells it for 1000 compared to 8000, furthermore drawing the crowd their way and sinking the company that put in the time and effort in the first place. I do realize that there are times and places for replicas and this is probly one of them but I just wanted to state my piece first.
understood. but like i said, if i never had the intention to buy a 8k+ kit in the first place, how are they losing money from me if i buy a replica?

people are buying the real deal all the time and those people are loaded or are sponsored track cars with huge budgets. which is why they go for the real deal

the average person on evom is not sponsored or loaded meaning they would never even consider buying a real kit. they cant lose money that they were never going to get from the beginning.

im not saying im going to get a widebody kit for my street car, just saying if i ever did, it would be a replica.

Originally Posted by Gary 805
just get the lancer they look the same as the evo.
why would you suggest that if i already have an evo?
but are you blind?lancer looks like an evo?? say waaa
Old Jan 7, 2011, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

it doesn't cost 8k. It's not cheap at all but it's not 8k. I can't remember off the top of my head but it's more like 5k with the front bumper not including the jdm rear which you'll need. Don't buy the replica, it looks terrible and there is no replica for the double over "cyber" fenders.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rdwngs44
it doesn't cost 8k. It's not cheap at all but it's not 8k. I can't remember off the top of my head but it's more like 5k with the front bumper not including the jdm rear which you'll need. Don't buy the replica, it looks terrible and there is no replica for the double over "cyber" fenders.
yeah not saying im going to do it but if i ever did it would be the replica. and body work plus labor would still be ALOT cheaper then the real deal.

but yeah i know what you mean about no replicas for the double overs, that would have to be bought from them directly.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
nevermind

i love how he blended the street edition front bumper, with the cyber edition double fenders.. looks alot better than i thought it would

Last edited by vipers; Jan 7, 2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Just keep it stock and get some wheels that fit so you won't have to worry about getting widebodies. lol
Old Jan 7, 2011, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=tundeclips;8970304]HAHAHA beerfest quote!

-Its $10 for a BJ, $12 for an HJ, and $15 for a ZJ
-Whats a ZJ
-If you have to ask, you can't afford it

Old Jan 8, 2011, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

i felt better when the evo was not in the price range of everyone.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gary 805
i felt better when the evo was not in the price range of everyone.
why? evo is not a super car

Quick Reply: Fender flare