Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Akuma Motorsports Drag/show Evo8 build!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love updates

Good looking hot parts for that T-Kit so far.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey everyone, Glad that RUNTHAT got to update this thread for all of you. Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to you all and that we're doing a special where if you bring in an ornament for our tree (As seen below) we'll give you 10% off of your next appointment here! ( Up to $200. Restrictions do apply.) So lets get our tree in the holiday spirit! Be safe and Happy Holidays everyone!

Cheers!

Mike @ Akuma
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

After seeing your work on this car I think you're going to get flooded with decorations. Goodluck finding enough room on the tree Happy Holidays
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:10 PM

looking forward
Old Nov 23, 2011, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

PARTS PARTS PARTS!!!1111!!!!11!!!

Scorke
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jush
After seeing your work on this car I think you're going to get flooded with decorations. Goodluck finding enough room on the tree Happy Holidays
I sure hope so!!! Lets get this thing leaning!

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Mike @ Akuma
Old Nov 24, 2011, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Hello! Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Just ate a turducken for the first time. Very different experience. I had to look up videos on YouTube on how to properly carve the damn thing!

Anyway, smoothy here and I have been discussing the upcoming task of custom wiring and wire tucking/harness building. Apparently he used to do this type of thing professionally, just not for the whole Auto Sport niche. I am trying to talk him into taking on this as his first project though! I thought that I knew quite a lot about this stuff, but after speaking with him I realize that I am a moron and know nothing. LOL! Figures! More on that later...

So, the NEXT big thing is going to be moving the Evo back to Sano's Customs for all remaining body work, prep, paint, etc. Here is the full list of what they will be doing:

1. Engine Bay
-shave the remaining brake line bracket studs on firewall
-shave the brake line holes on both of the strut towers
-shave the clutch MC holes except for the center hole
-shave the pass-side radiator brackets (upper and lower)
-shave the pass-side firewall hole (upper near wiper cowl)
-shave the brake booster and MC holes (all)
-prep and re-paint entire bay
2. Frame
-stitch weld frame rails
-stitch weld cross-member mounts/engine mounts
-stitch weld under fenders
-stitch weld door seams, etc.
3. Exterior/Interior
-shave fuel door
-assemble and install -AMS CF roof
-Voltex front bumper and canards
-Voltex side-skirts
-Voltex front and rear wide fenders and JDM black side markers
-Voltex CF rear under-diffuser
-Varis B-pillars
-Seibon hood and Rexpeed CF hood dampers and Aerocatch locking hood pins
-Do-Luck "duckbill" CF trunk lid
-Evo RS door handles
-Craft-Square CF side-view mirrors
-Rexpeed CF rear window vents
-JDM Evo VIII black headlights and JDM Evo VII tails
-JDM Evo IX rear bumper
-prep and paint entire exterior as well as most of the interior exposed surfaces

So that's the plan for Sano's and just as long as I can get the Evo there before Xmas, I am hoping to have it done there and back to Akuma by early to mid February. At that point the build can REALLY start to progress with all of the installs and then the custom wiring systems, custom interior can get done and put in, the necessary items can be fabricated, parts can get chromed and powder coated, etc., etc. Like I posted previously, there are not many parts/items left to order. The only "biggies" are the DSS axles, CBRE ceramic wheel bearings, and other odds and ends. The suspension system on this car is insane and will be getting suspension tuned, corner balanced, aligned, etc. There will be two sets of wheels/tires as well. The Volks and some yet undetermined tire as well as CCW's and either Hoosier QTP's or MT ET Streets. And FINALLY, once ALL of that is done and we begin the process of breaking in the new LR2.4L, 10.5-1CR motor and transmission, t-case, rear diff, etc., I will be bringing the car to MTK Welding in NJ for a full 10-12 point NHRA certified cage with swing-outs.

So yeah, there's still a TON of work to do yet, even after Sano's gets done with the car, but it should proceed rather quickly once it is back at Akuma. We will be taking a VERY active role in completing this build, including turning wrenches ourselves, like always. Let's see...what else is there.... Oh, even though the Full-Race turbo kit has arrived, we are still waiting on the BW EFR 9180. Seems to be the LAST turbo model that BW is getting around to shipping out to their distributors. Good thing we don't quite need it yet.

Have a great holiday everyone and we'll update again soon, most likely with pics from when we move the Evo to Sano's with all of the Voltex parts, etc.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 04:37 PM

Cant wait for new pictures. BTW Happy Thanksgiving
Old Nov 25, 2011, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is going to be amazing when it is done for sure. I'm excited to get started on the harnessing and I appreciate the warm introduction. I did just think of one thing that I will be calling to talk to you about today.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:40 AM

cant wait to see this thing done!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, well finally spoke to Sano's Customs today about scheduling the Evo to be brought in for completion of the exterior, paint, Voltex, etc. We have it scheduled to be moved from Akuma to Sano's on January 9th-10th. Most likely the 10th since Akuma is closed on Mondays. Really wanted to get it moved prior to the holidays, but Sano's is a very small shop and is very busy. That is the earliest Dave (the owner) can take the car and ALL of the Voltex parts and boxes. Moving the Evo should be a simple affair though and we'll just load up all of the Voltex, Do-Luck, etc. boxes into a large pickup and follow the Evo over there. Anyway, nothing else will be accomplished between now and then aside from possibly picking up the DSS axles and CBRE ceramic bearings and hubs. Oh, and some other odds and ends, which I'll be sure to post pictures of as we get them in. Other than that, nothing else to report.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 05:25 PM

I cant wait to see the finished paint job. You are still tucking and shaving the bay?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Nice to see things rolling again . Welcome back.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Singh0811
I cant wait to see the finished paint job. You are still tucking and shaving the bay?
Read my last few posts.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is definitely going to be worth the wait

Quick Reply: Akuma Motorsports Drag/show Evo8 build!